Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Feb 9, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #2,116 of 6,222
Did you compare X6 with Phönix?
Been doing that and they are very different tunings - both with exotic performance. I can see wanting both. If you have been reading about the Phonix vs. the EXT, the Phonix is like a high-end tube amp vs. the EXT being a high-end solid state - the Phonix is very euphonic and rich vs. the EXT which is transparent with slam, both with gobs of detail. The Xe6 has a tuning that is in the middle of the EXT and Phonix with less euphonics and more slam than the Phonix - the most notable difference being the extraordinary Xe6 slam and the Phonix being a little larger sound stage. Where the Xe6 is different than both is in its bone conduction offering a new way of hearing/feeling the music which needs to be experienced to be understood. It is more 3D and involving and sneaks up on you depending on the song offering new details that are not offered by other IEMs. With the EXT, Phonix, and the Xe6 in my hands, I LOVE all three for different reasons - they all have exotic performance with gobs of detail, but EXT offers clean audiophile slam, Phonix offers that warm tube-like euphonics, and Xe6 offers a new tuning with audiophile slam, euphonics, and a new bone conduction listening experience offer new levels of detail. I like having all three around. :)

Feb 9, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #2,117 of 6,222
@Damz87 @mvvRAZ
Hello, so any other impressions of Xenon 6 in this listening period? I know @mvvRAZ still prefers Kr5 😂
I understand RAZ's love for the Kr5's extra transparency and there is a strong case for the 4 as well, but I am definitely liking the Xe6 the best being the biggest and boldest. The 6 is very addictive in its ability to dig out new detail that I am not hearing from other IEMs and seems to do this better than the 4 or the 5 with that additional slam. However, the 6 is definitely thicker. Kind of like the Phonix vs. the EXT - choose your preference in signature. We have a US tour underway (sign up by following the link in my signature) for the entire lineup 4, 5, and 6 so we should be getting a number of new impressions soon. I am also about to post my full Xe6 review.

Feb 9, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #2,118 of 6,222
I understand RAZ's love for the Kr5's extra transparency and there is a strong case for the 4 as well, but I am definitely liking the Xe6 the best being the biggest and boldest. The 6 is very addictive in its ability to dig out new detail that I am not hearing from other IEMs and seems to do this better than the 4 or the 5 with that additional slam. However, the 6 is definitely thicker. Kind of like the Phonix vs. the EXT - choose your preference in signature. We have a US tour underway (sign up by following the link in my signature) for the entire lineup 4, 5, and 6 so we should be getting a number of new impressions soon. I am also about to post my full Xe6 review.

It is amazing how detailed the XE6 is for having such a warm and thick sound. It's probably the most enjoyable IEM of all time for me so far on my never ending audio journey. Just a pure joy to listen to.

Feb 9, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #2,122 of 6,222
Feb 9, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #2,124 of 6,222
Unfortunately I can't, I live in Europe (Portugal)

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #2,125 of 6,222
Feb 9, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #2,126 of 6,222
Gonna need Fir to come through with a combo pricing deal on the KR5 and XE6. Sounds like they nailed them as TOTL complimentary pairs

Feb 9, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #2,127 of 6,222
How did you get the brown cable? Isn`t it been sold anymore with the transparent one?
We offer a 3.5mm option on our website when you purchase a 5x5 universal. Whoever ordered it selected the 3.5 and it is the m series cable.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Feb 10, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #2,128 of 6,222
Just.. one.. more.. song… 1 hour later and I’m still listening.

I could talk about these IEMs all day. 😍

CDC9CC9F-54E9-4580-B358-50C640595F5E.jpeg

Feb 10, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #2,129 of 6,222
@Damz87 @mvvRAZ
Hello, so any other impressions of Xenon 6 in this listening period? I know @mvvRAZ still prefers Kr5 😂
I’m really loving XE6 now :) not sure whether it’s burn in or just my brain adjusting to the sound but it feels like they’ve really opened up and sound quite expansive and balanced. Spent the whole day today listening with them and the detail and dynamics are super addictive. I’ve settled on the DX300 Max Ti and EA Centurion cable as my ideal synergy.
529AC9E1-E18F-4183-B1B6-9F419F8E5491.jpeg

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #2,130 of 6,222
I’m really loving XE6 now :) not sure whether it’s burn in or just my brain adjusting to the sound but it feels like they’ve really opened up and sound quite expansive and balanced. Spent the whole day today listening with them and the detail and dynamics are super addictive. I’ve settled on the DX300 Max Ti and EA Centurion cable as my ideal synergy.
Curious to know in your Ranking list🤣🤣🤣
Notice a lot of difference between original cable and centurion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back