Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Apr 13, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #1,145 of 6,173
Is anyone using their M5 with the RME ADI-2 DAC?

I have electronic noise coming from my M5 when they're plugged in to the IEM port that is independent of the ADI-2 DAC being connected to my PC and the volume I have set on the ADI-2. The M5 are quiet when plugged in to my iPhone.

The only other IEMs I own at this point are the my Shure e2c which don't make any noise when plugged in to the IEM port of the ADI-2. My HD555s are quiet as well. Unfortunately I don't have a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter to test my M5 using the regular Phones jack.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind - the electronic noise is feedback from something on my desk (monitor, keyboard, etc.) and seems to like the IEM cable.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #1,146 of 6,173
Received my Scorpion cable today from FiR to go with my A18s. Awesome build and quality.
1586801695834.png1586801706231.png

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #1,150 of 6,173
Apr 30, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #1,152 of 6,173
M3, in my opinion.
Received the M3 few days ago, it is one of the best I heard, compared to Forte noir, lx, khan, phantom, u18t, Andromeda, Solaris, z1r, just wondering how M4 and M5 sound, very suprise Fir Audio don't get much attention, their iem sounded great

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #1,153 of 6,173
Received the M3 few days ago, it is one of the best I heard, compared to Forte noir, lx, khan, phantom, u18t, Andromeda, Solaris, z1r, just wondering how M4 and M5 sound, very suprise Fir Audio don't get much attention, their iem sounded great
I have been listening a bit more to the M4 in the past week and I really like those. Slight U-shaped signature, but great clarity, smooth overall and quite a physical bass. Great fun! Love the build quality and fit as well.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #1,154 of 6,173
I have been listening a bit more to the M4 in the past week and I really like those. Slight U-shaped signature, but great clarity, smooth overall and quite a physical bass. Great fun! Love the build quality and fit as well.
I thoroughly enjoy the M3, currently used it with alo audio pure silver cable with it, what others cables pair best with it, i have little problem with the fit, due to my big ears, but I has many tips that I'm currently trying out to find the best fit.

Apr 30, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #1,155 of 6,173
I thoroughly enjoy the M3, currently used it with alo audio pure silver cable with it, what others cables pair best with it, i have little problem with the fit, due to my big ears, but I has many tips that I'm currently trying out to find the best fit.
I am still using the stock cable of the M4 (which is great, btw), but have a DITA Oslo cable lying around to try out. I was told the Oslo works well with FiR's IEMs, but I have not yet gotten around to trying it yet because I want to get to know the stock sound a bit better.

I am getting a good fit, but yeah, it can be tricky at times. Sometimes I end up using a tip size smaller or larger and often I end up using Final E-tips, but it is very personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back