Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Feb 11, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #901 of 6,218
Then thats good news all my ear tips collection will fit perfectly. I was just checking to make sure I was good for the upcoming battle of the titans lol.

3 iems to a/b will be a load of fun.

Plus can jam ny on the way oooh lalala

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #902 of 6,218
Hi folks can someone tell me what bore diameter is the m4 and m5?

Is stock tips from 64a are compatible?
Also final audio type e and spiral dots, symbio's, comply foams.... ?

Symbio Tips are one of my favorite and it was also one of the best for me with the universal M5's. I would recommend the normal ones with the foam. And if you also have the peeled you could try those too. But the most play time for testing and accuracy of tonality to me was the Symbio Tips out of all tips I had when I was testing demos and A/Bing gear and other IEMs. Would definitely recommend, especially to do the bass and low end justice and get a good seal for the highs of the electrostats without being too bright.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #903 of 6,218
Anyone here able to A/B the M5s with other flagship EST IEMs?

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #905 of 6,218
Kahn, solaris and U18t ...all subsequently sold... M4 recently purchased

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #906 of 6,218
I tried within the same month the EE Wraith, the VE Elysium and the M5, the M5 is the most fu. Of the 3 and possibly the best one as far as treble. Elysium is also a great ciem, but different tuning, just stay away from the Wraith, it’s a waist of money.

Feb 13, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #908 of 6,218
Wraight is also a huge hisser to.
A little disappointed for ee as they had huge success with Lx and Phantom but niw things have shifted wildly in the world of iems.

And my tastes are not 100% with ee so we take a new route

Feb 13, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #909 of 6,218

A18 (not est, but no doubt a totl iem, with tia) - Super flat frequency response, incredible detail across the board.
M5 - V-shaped signature with accentuated bass and treble that's completely in your face and super fun to listen to - amazing for edm and pop.
Elysium - Amazingly unique tuning with softer, but detailed highs, incredible mids, and very high quality (albeit in modest quantity,) bass, and the best vocals i've heard.
Wratih - Just don't get this one...sounds too disjointed. LX remains my favorite iem from EE.

Feb 13, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #910 of 6,218
A little disappointed for ee as they had huge success with Lx and Phantom but niw things have shifted wildly in the world of iems.

Totally agree, I still prefer the Zeus to the wraith, the LZ and Phantom are great earphones too, I really struggling understand what was their goal to come out with such earphone.

Feb 13, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #911 of 6,218

Same here. I really liked the LX and the Phantom but neither are balanced enough. For me they were both limited. The U12t, to me, is just way better tuning.

Feb 13, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #912 of 6,218
I just received the m4 and m5 and will soon try them )
Will see how it goes )

:comet::comet::cloud_tornado::boom::cloud_tornado::dizzy::fire:

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #913 of 6,218
Yes, just about all of them. Which are you curious about?
Jomo Trinity, Fitear EST, Wraith, AAW Canary, Elysium, Khan. Just want to know if the majority of the impressions are accurate because most of these, except the elysium, are described as having dark treble due to poor implementation of the EST driver.

Yeah, EE IEMs in general arent really good. They're more of a hype brand to me, no real quality in their IEMs except for the Phantom and original Zeus to me.

To everyone that replied, thank you.

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #914 of 6,218
I got the m4 and m5 in my hands , I was quiet surprised to see it was in metal shells, I thought it be acrylic. I actually love it in its metallic shell, feels and looks extremely highly built and on a very high level of craftsmanship.
The m4/m5 are similar to 64a design, I will admit Fir is amazing. Its just a step a head on every little detail vs my trio. The shape of the shell is so precise it fits into my ear just like a custom! It literally dives into my ear actually, this is the deepest and comfortable fit I ever experienced with an universal!

As it goes for sound, I only got 1 hour so far and M5 cant go out of my ears hahaha, even the poor m4 cant touch m5. M5 is so natural so grandiose. For now all I can say is this is like wearing hd800s headphones in open back feel and also he1 as for treble feel, the voices are very very natural life like. I just am under big impression atm and really enjoying them alot.

I started to test solo and guitars and solo signers in small concerts. Really impressive how everything is perceived with good natural feel and music is so open and free of restriction, just flowing like I had no iems in my ears, very impressive :)

So to be continued folk :)

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #915 of 6,218
I got the m4 and m5 in my hands , I was quiet surprised to see it was in metal shells, I thought it be acrylic. I actually love it in its metallic shell, feels and looks extremely highly built and on a very high level of craftsmanship.
The m4/m5 are similar to 64a design, I will admit Fir is amazing. Its just a step a head on every little detail vs my trio. The shape of the shell is so precise it fits into my ear just like a custom! It literally dives into my ear actually, this is the deepest and comfortable fit I ever experienced with an universal!

As it goes for sound, I only got 1 hour so far and M5 cant go out of my ears hahaha, even the poor m4 cant touch m5. M5 is so natural so grandiose. For now all I can say is this is like wearing hd800s headphones in open back feel and also he1 as for treble feel, the voices are very very natural life like. I just am under big impression atm and really enjoying them alot.

I started to test solo and guitars and solo signers in small concerts. Really impressive how everything is perceived with good natural feel and music is so open and free of restriction, just flowing like I had no iems in my ears, very impressive :)

So to be continued folk :)

Wow... Sounds like they are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back