Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Feb 6, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #872 of 6,220
Maaaaan wish there was a tour for SEA :frowning2:

Feb 6, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #873 of 6,220
Maybe I missed it but what are the impressions of the M2. I’m thinking of a work iem to replace my long used Noble Savants.

Feb 7, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #874 of 6,220
Maybe I missed it but what are the impressions of the M2. I’m thinking of a work iem to replace my long used Noble Savants.

Not too many impressions yet

But I should be able to let you know next week

They are now available on the tour and heading to me

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #876 of 6,220
Thanks. Having had the EE Bravados I’d be interested to know how these compare.

I haven't heard the M2 or the Bravados, but I had the M3, M4, and M5 for a week along with my EE Nemesis and Valkyrie.

Without trying to get into too much detail, all of the FiR models I demoed had quite a bit less bass and more forward vocals than both the Nemesis and Valkyrie.

From what I've read, I'd expect similar results between the M2 and the Bravado.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #877 of 6,220
Thanks. Having had the EE Bravados I’d be interested to know how these compare.
M2 sounds more relaxed, more similar to the sage than the bravado. Basically less treble and slightly less bass than the bravado, slightly better mid range

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #878 of 6,220
M2 sounds more relaxed, more similar to the sage than the bravado. Basically less treble and slightly less bass than the bravado, slightly better mid range

Is the clarity better than the Sage? I found that to be a bit congested sounding compared to my current Savants.

Feb 8, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #882 of 6,220
what do you mean by that though

8FD3AE23-AD18-4AB7-9D20-C1AF95B0CD89.jpeg

I’ve never heard an iem with that intense a peak. Maybe it works great but for me it’s daunting for a blind buy at that price.

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #883 of 6,220
8FD3AE23-AD18-4AB7-9D20-C1AF95B0CD89.jpeg

I’ve never heard an iem with that intense a peak. Maybe it works great but for me it’s daunting for a blind buy at that price.

What iem is that?
I am not 100% confident in crinacle test. That thing is home made testing come one guys lol

And after all u still need to hear it if its to your taste or not...

Feb 8, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #884 of 6,220
What iem is that?
I am not 100% confident in crinacle test. That thing is home made testing come one guys lol

And after all u still need to hear it if its to your taste or not...

It’s Crinacle‘s graph for the M2. I really have little opportunity to try iems before buying so I try to use graphs along with impressions of others to make educated guesses on what I might like..
The impressions of the M2 mentioned make me think I would like them but the graph is pretty extreme so I wonder if it might be best suited for some music much more than others.. It’s just a bit moe extreme than I’ve tried before.
Crinacles other measurements for the FirAudio line seem to have a similar shape and so gibe with the differences mentioned in this thread. This one seems to be quite a departure from the others though.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #885 of 6,220
Just bought the Fitear 111 to complement the M5 as it is a reference IEM. I am blown away by the technical capabilities of this single BA iem. Now that I know something of this quality is possible, my question is how good can a well tuned single BA iem from fir audio sound? Especially with tubeless tech. That's something I'd definitely be interested in buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back