1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. mvvRAZ
    Hey actually I’m writing a similar shootout soon, comparing:

Noble Katana
    A18t
    FiR M5 universal
    Andromeda S

When are you getting yours??

2. John2e Contributor
    I posted pictures of the universals from Instagram below

I don't think you have color options

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  3. mvvRAZ
    From what I know the different universals are different colors but I don’t think you can choose what color you’d like your M5

4. John2e Contributor
    Sorry about the misinformation. I edited my post. I think you are correct. I zoomed in on the picture and the model numbers are all different.

But I will confirm

5. John2e Contributor
    mr.jpeg

Thanks mvvRAZ for the picture

FIR said it was cool to post it

singingbee and mvvRAZ like this.
  6. mvvRAZ
    *excitement escalates*

IneffableMusic and John2e like this.
  7. John2e Contributor
    Simply amazing

You get a sense that it is not really all about the money. There is passion and convection in his voice. This is a labor of love.

8. John2e Contributor
    M5 has been ordered !!!!

9. mvvRAZ
    Congratulations!!! Did you go custom or universal

10. John2e Contributor
    Going with the universals. I have been changing IEMS so often it does not pay. My hope is this will be my end game and if so, I will get customs.

11. SQ13
    can you share some impression on the M5? how is it compare to the U12t, ier-z1r, Solaris, etc.
    Am shopping for a new iem and came across this thread.

12. aminus
    Think the N8 but with a mid-treble boost where the N8 would downslope. Somewhat similar to the U12t except it’s obviously a hybrid and doesn’t quite have universal 12t’s tonality, only the overall tonal balance. Not really that similar to Z1R or Solaris so there’s no point comparing.

EDIT: It does appear however that the final version of the M5 (which it seems I actually haven’t heard) doesn’t have as much of a treble boost. Expect a darker sound signature than what I described

13. TheOracle
    I'm headed to the Summer NAMM on Saturday. Bought passes because I saw Empire Ears and Clear Tunes we're going to be there. Need to audition the Valkyrie, Wraith and Da Vinci's (9 & 10).

Looked at the floor chart today and saw Fir Audio is going to be there, which led me to take a look at this thread. Guess I have a third booth that must be visited :)

singingbee likes this.
  14. mvvRAZ
    Yup will be posting a full review

My base of comparison would be the Andromeda S, the Noble Katana and the A18t from 64, as those are the IEMs I currently own

15. John2e Contributor
    The Custom color options are real nice. The red color through the wood is the option I will eventually go with

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last