#6 @o0genesis0o
#7 @redrich2000
#8 @chowy
#9 @Yifang

Impressions to be posted here

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 334
Tour Participation Rules and Responsibilities

The tour will begin with the first in the list for the number of days specified for each tour in post #1 of this thread. Thereafter participants will be responsible to deliver or ship the demo kit to the next participant in the list.

Participant Qualifications

To be eligible for this (and potentially other tours), each participant needs to provide some information to verify identity, contact info, and shipping address:

• Government-Issued Photo ID: We need a picture of your driver's licence or other qualified ID with photo and that reflects your home/shipping address. Alternative address verification options are available if your ID does not match your current address, just ask for or propose an alternative.
  • Mobile number: I would like to verify your phone number as a route of alternate contact. A quick text message exchange will suffice.
  • Email Address: We will be managing the tours through email which requires an email that you can respond to within 24 hours.
  • Employment Verification or Equivalent: We need simplified employment verification such as employer name, address, and phone - or an alternative if not employed as a backup to verify identity. This info will remain private and will not be used except for emergencies.
  • Social Media Profile: We need a link to your Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram profile or equivalent alternative as additional ID verification.
This information must be emailed to damz87@hotmail.com before your name will be added to the participant list. Those with less than two years of Head-Fi membership and under 300 posts may be subject to additional verification. This verification process makes you eligible for any future tours I may run.

Information Security: Personal Information may be shared with the manufacturers and/or dealers involved with the tour. All such information will be safeguarded by myself (Damz87) and the manufacturers/dealers and will be deleted by request after the tour or by withdrawing from the tour.

Individual Responsibilities

Participants must understand and agree to these responsibilities listed below as well as take them seriously. Those that do not follow through with the agreed-upon responsibilities can be blacklisted from all future tours. Please do not sign up for the tour if you feel there is any reason that you cannot live up to this commitment.

Communicate: Those in the tour will be expected to be reasonably available to communicate in tour proceedings. Phone, PMs, and email should be responded to within 24 hours maximum. Failure to do so may negate your eligibility and potentially blacklist you from future tours.

Protect: Participants are responsible for the value of the kit while in their care and will be expected to reimburse the manufacturer for any losses due to participant negligence. The kits should be handled with care and protected from theft. Each participant is responsible for the kit from signed received receipt to signed delivered receipt. While the manufacturer accepts responsibility in the case of shipper losses if you ship signature required, participants are still responsible for managing the shipper loss process to its conclusion until the proceedings are concluded. Providing tracking information and following the rules is critical in determining where your responsibility stops.

Impressions: You are required to share impressions of the IEM in the dedicated thread of each tour item here on Headfi (if you're not sure which thread to post in, PM me for clarification). Whilst participants are not required to publish full reviews, they are more than welcome and even more appreciated.

Participation Rules: Each participant is expected to follow the rules listed below:

1) At Receipt of Tour Kit: We immediately need to know that the tour kit was received in good condition to release the last participant from responsibility.

Confirm Receipt within 24 Hours: Please post confirmation of tour kit receipt and its condition on the tour thread within 24 hours so each party knows that the transfer is complete and so we can track the progress of the tour.

PM Next 2 Participants: Please PM @Damz87 and the next two participants in the participant's list (POST #1) and confirm readiness and to request their address. Please request their full name, mailing address, and phone number for the shipper. I will confirm their address is verified before shipping. The second person provides a backup in case the next participant is unavailable. Priority goes to the tour order if they reply within 24 to 48 hours.

Address Verification: Please wait to ship until I verify the shipping address by responding to the provided address that we are verified and good to go.

Be Ready to Ship on the final day: It is also your responsibility to ensure that you have shipped the kit to the next participant on the last day of your allotted time, so please be diligent in contacting and communicating with the next participants. Please never send a kit to a participant that has not responded even if you have their address from a prior tour.

2) Dealing with Logistics Issues: Most problems should be handled directly between participants as shown below, but I am available if needed.

Communication Issues: If your PM to the next two participants does not receive a response within 24 to 48 hours, please reach out to the next two in the participant list to keep moving through your options. Please keep moving down the list every 24 hours thereafter to ensure you have a response and can ship on the final day. If you are at risk for going past the final day of your allotted time, please contact me for assistance.

Switching Participant Order: You are free to swap places in the tour order yourselves to accommodate schedules. However, you must communicate and get permission from all those affected to ensure it is not creating an issue for someone else and post the switches to the thread for transparency. An alternative for anyone is to have me move you to the bottom of the list if the timing is bad.

Dropping out of the Tour: If your availability to participate changes, please post a drop request in the tour thread for visibility before your turn to avoid any confusion.

Complex Issues: If needed, you can always reach me directly at my email me at damz87@hotmail.com to resolve any issues.

Kit Problems: For lost or broken tour kit items, please reach out to me at damz87@hotmail.com to resolve any issues.

3) Ship on your final day on the tour:

Verified Recipient: It is your responsibility to verify the recipient's readiness and their address with me before shipping. If you sense any issues, please contact me before shipping.

Verified Address: It is important to make sure that you only mail to the verified address unless the two of you get an exception from me first.

Signature Required: You must ship using Australia Post with signature on delivery (or insured) to avoid the responsibility of shipper mishaps. The manufacturer will assume responsibility if you follow the rules.

Tracking Number: You must provide the recipient and me with the Tracking number by PM or email within 24 hours of shipping. This will allow us to follow the progress and for the recipient to plan the receipt of the package since a signature is required.

4) Responsibility Ends on Receipt Post: Your responsibility ends when the recipient posts their receipt of the tour kit in good condition on the tour thread. It is important to make sure the recipient makes that post to pass on the responsibility. If the kit is lost by the shipper, we still need your participation as the shipper's customer to manage the package search though you are not responsible for the value assuming you shipped "signature required".

Tour Signup

This is an open tour which we expect to support all requests to participate. To make this possible, we are requiring complete contact info upfront. So, to sign up for this tour you will need to do two things:

Post: Please post your name, city, and State/Territory only in this thread (no personal address in the public forum) and then declare that you agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Email: Please email your complete contact info as detailed below to my personal email – damz87@hotmail.com

Head-Fi Name: Please remember to include your Head-Fi alias so that I can match your email to your Head-Fi identity.

Subject Line Format: (HeadFi Name) - (Your Name) - (Tour Name)

Contact Verification Info:

Government-Issued Photo ID: We need a picture of your driver's license or other qualified ID with photo and that reflects your home/shipping address (License # does not need to be visible). Alternative address verification options are available if ID does not match current address, just ask, or propose.

Phone Number: I will verify info via text

Email Address: We will be managing the tours through email which requires an email that you can respond to within 24 hours.

Employment Verification or Equivalent: We need simplified employment verification such as employer name, address, and phone or alternative if not employed as a backup to verify identity. This info will remain private and will not be used except for emergencies.

Social Media Profile: We need a link to your Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram profile or equivalent alternative as additional ID verification.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 334
Many thanks @Damz87 for organizing this tour, really appreciate the effort that you’ve put into this!

I"ll drop you an email with my details, look forward to the tour.

May 12, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 334
I wish I was back in Australia. :)

Well done Dam

May 13, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 334
Thanks for organizing, nice to see a tour for Australia! Emailed now :)

May 13, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #9 of 334
Hi @Damz87 , I would be keen to join this tour too. I will email you my details

Hadi, Southbank, VIC

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #11 of 334
Hi Damz87,

Really awesome for organising the tour! I'd like to participate as I've always wanted to try something from Fir Audio. A couple of questions:

1) I don't have a social media account, but have a solid eBay seller account with 10,000+ positive feedback. Would that suffice as an alternative means of verification?
2) With shipping insurance, given the value of the Frontier series IEM. Would we have to insure them for retail or replacement value? Aussie Post is quoting $122.50 for $5000 worth of insurance :sob:

May 20, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #12 of 334
Hi Damz87,

Really awesome for organising the tour! I'd like to participate as I've always wanted to try something from Fir Audio. A couple of questions:

1) I don't have a social media account, but have a solid eBay seller account with 10,000+ positive feedback. Would that suffice as an alternative means of verification?
2) With shipping insurance, given the value of the Frontier series IEM. Would we have to insure them for retail or replacement value? Aussie Post is quoting $122.50 for $5000 worth of insurance :sob:
Hi @xjaynine

1. Your eBay profile should suffice, please include it in your application email.
2. As per the rules, signature on delivery is required, or you can choose to insure the parcel. I would suggest Signature on Delivery as it’s much cheaper :)

May 23, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #14 of 334
Below are photos and descriptions of the full kit with accessories. Please remember, each participant is responsible for the entire kit (including all accessories) while it is in their possession. As soon as you receive the kit, I suggest referencing this post and double-checking that all contents have been received. If anything is missing, you need to notify myself and the previous participant to resolve.

Kit package

E7EBCAA1-5C7A-4173-A79D-49DD365E7AB2.jpeg

• Gaea IEM & Cable
  • Protective case
  • SpinFit W1 eartips (S/M/L)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back