Finally, you can run Windows XP on Intel Mac
Mar 16, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 35
fun.

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #5 of 35
I have never owned a mac, so I probably wouldn't understand, but why would you want to run Windows on a mac? Just because you can now?

Just curious

John

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
I have never owned a mac, so I probably wouldn't understand, but why would you want to run Windows on a mac? Just because you can now?

Just curious

John

There are games available on Windows but not on Mac, and a lot other softwares that don't have the Mac version.

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
I guess someone wanted to see if they could get viruses and spyware on apple hardware...

hah, kind of what I was thinking.

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
That's awesome! I love it. Finally the real monopoly - Apple - has had it's armor cracked. At least in the PC world you have a choice.

--Illah

That's an interesting take on things. Never thought about that..

JD

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #12 of 35
Yah, that'll show apple. Buy their hardware and software, and then put something else on it. That'll show them.

Apple of course said they had no problem with people who wanted to run windows on their hardware, just that they had no plans on supporting it.

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
That's awesome! I love it. Finally the real monopoly - Apple - has had it's armor cracked. At least in the PC world you have a choice.

--Illah

I can't see how.

Apple monopoly?
They are not the default platform of choice and they are not abusing of it.

Armor cracked?
That would be if MacOS X was running on PCs, not the other way around. This move only benefits to Apple.

In the PC world you have a choice?
Do you mean that you can use XP or XP Professional? The real choice would be software. Not hardware. We don't mind about the hardware these days. It's not the cause of our frustration. It's the software what is frustrating (security, viruses, unreliable/unstable code, reboots...). There was a time when you had a choice (MS-DOS or DR. DOS). Those times are long gone. (Linux doesn't count as your machine is not compatible anymore. You are out of the "PC world". And you can install it on Mac too)

Sorry if this looks aggresive due to my bad English. Nothing against you at all. It's just that I don't understand your logic. I might be wrong, of course.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back