Finally!! the GS1000 is here :)
Oct 21, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #61 of 91
Should be fine. So enjoy!
icon10.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #62 of 91
Congrats! Good price for a great pair of headphones, so we will be waiting for you to back here and tell us more please...
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've gone and pulled the trigger on a pair of Grado GS1000's from ebay.

The seller lives very close to me and I should have them sometime tomorrow.

Hes only had them for a month and they are in mint condition.

I got them for £450.

I hope im not disappointed
L3000.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #63 of 91
Anyone heard GS1K's with Melos SHA-1? I wonder how good they match, since I've read that Melos has a bit recessed mids..

Damn. I guess I'll pull the trigger for Trafomatic Head One..

Oct 25, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #64 of 91
After reading the many reviews of the GS1000's I decided to get a pair.I Have about 20 hours on them and I'm quite impressed.I had been using the AKG 701 for over a year and thought that was as good as it gets.Boy was I wrong.The Grado's have a huge soundstage with every instument in precise arrangment like a great pair of speakers.Just to check I put back on my 701's and it sounded metalic,fake and harsh in comparison .The key for the GS1000 is to have a great source and amp to do justice to these cans.Anything less and you'll be disappointed.

Oct 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #66 of 91
GS1000, a great headphone. I have about 6 or 700 hours on mine. These were an impulse buy! They only need a max of 100 hours to sound great. They are fantastic with the Woo WA2.

The soundstage and detail is what won me over after a 5 minute audition in a shop in Melbourne. So much for the 325i's I went there to buy.

cheers
Simon

Oct 26, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #67 of 91
Quote:

The soundstage and detail is what won me over after a 5 minute audition in a shop in Melbourne

Just wondering what shop in Melbourne that was ? I am going there in a few days for the Melbourne cup and I would love to demo some of these.

How much did you pay for them ?

Oct 26, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #68 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by davvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering what shop in Melbourne that was ? I am going there in a few days for the Melbourne cup and I would love to demo some of these.

How much did you pay for them ?

Welcome to audiophile

This is the website of the shop where I bought the GS1ks. You will find prices, address etc etc. on there. I paid............a lot! Sorry cannot remember, $1200 or $1300 I think. If you get a chance have a listen to the Cary 306 CD player while you are there. Pretty amazing as well.

Audiophile distribute Grado in Australia.

cheers
Simon

Don't blow too much at the cup.

Oct 26, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #69 of 91
I'm seriously considering the GS1000, I think it may be the answer to my dilemma, either that or the RS-1's. I simply love my SR-125's, as flawed as they are, there's something so lively and engaging about them. Yes, they pretty much don't have a soundstage, but music sounds so real through them- the impact of the snare drum, male vocals, the pluck of a stringed instrument, etc...

I'm just not sure if the RS-1's or GS1000's are more to my liking.

I'm also curious how you like to drive them, ss or tubes?

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #72 of 91
Which 12AU7 are you using? This one is the most that have impact on the sound, isnt?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ha ha... that's how I got myself a RSA "The Raptor" to drive the GS1K.

Oct 29, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #75 of 91
Thought so, had one of the best results with it as well. You may want to try some NOS Mullards and Smooth plate Telefunken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using a NOS Telefunken ECC82 Ribbed Plates..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back