Finally!!! Need a little help finding the right cans!
Dec 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gchimelli

New Head-Fier
I'll be living in the USA for the next 3 months, and coming from Brazil, it's a great opportunity to buy some sweet headphones without having to pay for the overpriced obsolete sets I'm able to find here.

I'll start by saying that iIm no great audiophile but I do appreciate listening to music.

I'm also a little of a bass head and I find myself listening to a lot of hip-hop and eletronic music. ( but there is always a special place for rock/alt. rock on my pc and ipod).

Having said that, bass and noise-cancelling are 2 characteristics I'm looking to have. 
I'm willing to spend about $200 tops, and although i hate overpriced things ( really, you guys shoud come to Brazil and see how miserable we are at this point) I have to admit that Beats by Dre headphones have their aesthetical appealing, besides beeing made of sloppy plastic.

So let's go short: Budget: $200; Noise Cancelling, Bass, Good-Looking; for most eletronic and hip-hop listening, nice for portable use too.

Think you guys could help me with that?

PS: I don't know why but I can't stand the V-MODA headphones...not because of audio quality, but aesthetically..

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Ultrasone Pro 550's?

Sound like they would do you well (And look great in person)

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 7
I've read a few reviews on the 550's, and the majority of them were really nice, the only real Con i've found for them would be the weight, some said it feels really heavy on the head...

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 7
As a person who owned them (And now own the much heavier HE-400's) I had no problem with the weight.

That really depends on the persona and how strong your neck/you are.

I actually feel like the HE-400's aren't even on my head and most people really don't like how heavy it is. It's a different for everyone, the one topic that can REALLY vary from person to person.

Anyway I would say they were very comfortable (especially if you eventually get the velour pads) and I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, to imagine how good they are at noise cancellation... I used them on the NYC subway (very loud) on a cheap $20 MP3 player from best buy and I was never bothered by outside sound. Its even better if you have a better portable music player.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 7
That sounds awesome! I'll definitely try them on!

Read some good impressions on it's bass and experimentations on house music and dubstep. Plus the noise-cancelling feature (as powerful as it sounds) should fit my needs just fine.

Actually, which color you had them on?

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Besides the ultrasone you can look into the V-moda M80, or the Ultrasone HFI-580. They both have what you are looking for. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #7 of 7
That sounds awesome! I'll definitely try them on!

Read some good impressions on it's bass and experimentations on house music and dubstep. Plus the noise-cancelling feature (as powerful as it sounds) should fit my needs just fine.

Actually, which color you had them on?

They come in silver from Amazon, I don't think they make the blue ones anymore.

Edit: Also for a different look, you can try the DJ1 Pro. They are the same thing but a different style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back