FINALLY Got the Edition 9! (formerly biting the bullet thread)
Jul 28, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #16 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would certainly be interested in having a listen... Perhaps we could have a (mini) meet? Or could swap it for a Stax system for a few days?

Sure thing. I dont expect to have them for a few weeks yet though, and then there's burn-in time
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #17 of 105
Covenant. The APS cable is worth it. And I can't believe Sovkiller hasn't been fully converted yet! The Ed. 9 still sounds better than any other headphone I've tried out of my iPod. That's just stupid to say you shouldn't use the best headphones that you can with a portable system, just because it's not the 'best' system for it.

Jul 28, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #18 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Covenant. The APS cable is worth it. And I can't believe Sovkiller hasn't been fully converted yet! The Ed. 9 still sounds better than any other headphone I've tried out of my iPod. That's just stupid to say you shouldn't use the best headphones that you can with a portable system, just because it's not the 'best' system for it.

Thanks bdh, I'll need the support to steady my nerves while I wait
biggrin.gif

Although the primary rig the Ed9 will be used in will be the Pico as a DAC/AMP via USB from my computer, and its actually a very capable source - it sounds as good to my ears as my old Eastsound CD-E5 did.

Jul 29, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #21 of 105
DON'T LOOK BACK...

I JUST ORDERED MY FIFTH PAIR OF EDITION 9'S

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #25 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
COVENANT! COMPARISONS! MINI-MEET! REVIEW!
tongue.gif

CAPS IS NOT CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
eek.gif

I probably wont have the Ed9's till i'm back from holiday though. But once I've got them and they're burnt in, a meet would definitely be a possibility
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #27 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DON'T LOOK BACK...

I JUST ORDERED MY FIFTH PAIR OF EDITION 9'S

Forgive my curiosity, but why do you need 5 pairs of Ed. 9's? Are you trying to rig up some type of actual surround sound system using headphones?

Jul 29, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #28 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgive my curiosity, but why do you need 5 pairs of Ed. 9's? Are you trying to rig up some type of actual surround sound system using headphones?

One for each of his family members. Lucky family!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back