finally got my hd600s!!
Sep 5, 2001 at 7:39 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
And buying from Germany would take a hell lot longer then 3 days.

But temptation wise, David, you really should make full use of your new X-Canv2 with the HD600. You'll never find them at this price in England again! Still resisting?

Just!! I can feel myself caving in at any time!!

One question Raymondlin, I did try (confession time here folks!) to order the 600s on the saturday, after an age on the phone (it was mail order) I duly tried to place the order and the bloke said that it wasnt on the stock list and they wouldnt get the new one till monday so I would have to phone back and confirm the order!

Yet you said you managed to place it, Im confused (again!!)

Sep 5, 2001 at 10:12 PM Post #18 of 24
David - I ordered mine on Thursday and it got sent out the same day (says the bloke on the phone) and got it today, so that's 4 days wait not including the weekend. The last time I ordered the HD580 on a Friday I got it on the following Tuesday, which was a suprise.

I am sure they still have a few left, if not, try one of their branches and remember take a copy of the What HiFi magazine with you.

Quote:

I'm using kimber 4vs biwired at the mo and its pretty good. I've also ordered one of their new crystal ics but havnt recieved it yet!!

Is that what's you've been spending your money on?

Sep 6, 2001 at 11:19 AM Post #19 of 24
okay, so it's only been 48 hours of burning in, not the 72 i had planned, but they're sounding rather sweet now, even out of ****ty equipment.

the bass has gotten more prominent (read: you can hear it), and they're ever so smooth. female vocals through these things are lush.

********* alert*
the vise-like clamping was me not pulling the adjustment bit out far enough. i thought it was as far as it could go, when it was only about 1/3 of the way out. much better now. still a bit on the tight side, but nothing that won't sort itself out with time.

i've decided once and for all there's no sense in listening to these through my gtxp. what a waste. it just sit there frowning about the hiss. i'll stick with my hd25sp for use with the pc, though i don't like those for extended listening, as they get a bit (only a bit) uncomfortable. great for portable use though.

heard back from todd... the supreme is shipping to me today, and i can't wait. oh, this is going to be too damned sweet. i'm going to turn off the lights, sit back in my ugly but comfy brown armchair, light up a joint, and put on some pink floyd. oh yeah.

lucien

Sep 7, 2001 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 24
hmmm... getting better. the bass is starting to reveal itself, and it's actual bass, rather thhan that far-off feeling that the phone is producing low-frequency sounds, but you can't really feel anything.

to give you some idea, my girlfriend (who is entirely unsympathetic to my audio fetish - probably not an uncommon story on these forums) actually recognised that the 600s are far superior to what she's heard before.

that's quite something, let me tell you. she actually admitted that maybe it was worth buying more headphones after i already spent $250 on my last pair of sennheisers.

wow.

Sep 7, 2001 at 1:43 PM Post #21 of 24
Where did you get the 600s for $175????

PLEASE TELL MEEEEEE!!!!

- Matt

Sep 7, 2001 at 5:07 PM Post #22 of 24
Dudes
One reason you are seeing Senn HD600 everywhere at unbelieveably low prices ($250 etc) is the German Mark is 60% lower vs US dollar over the last 1-2 yrs, USA exporters are getting killed dollar has never been stronger vs foriegn currencies.

Good time to take a trip to Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back