finally got my hd600s!!
Sep 4, 2001 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

lucien

100+ Head-Fier
so i'm sitting here in front of my computer, with my 600s jacked into the gtxp, doing them no justice at all i'm sure. i've never heard these things before, but i can tell that they're a hell of a lot better than what i'm hearing, simply because of the amount of hiss and noise i can hear that i didn't before.

first impressions:

1. they clamp like a vise. i have a watermelon-sized head, so take this with a grain of salt. i really hope they loosen up though.

2. not as much bass as the hd25sp. but the rest of the sound is much clearer, though too revealing for the equipment i'm using them with. that'll change when i get my portable and amp.
[note: getting no response from todd at headroom at the moment. anyone know what's going on?]

3. very clear mids and highs, which i'm sure will improve when the rest of the stuff gets here.

4. ****ing quiet at way loud volumes through headphone jacks.

5. beautiful packaging.

6. god-awful ugly speckled finish... but i can't see it when they're on, so who cares?
smily_headphones1.gif

all in all, i'm happy. i just want to get that supreme here so i can hear what these can really do.

lucien

Sep 4, 2001 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 24
Don't forget to have music pouring through your cans for about 2 straight days. I would recommend using a recording that has a good amount of pounding bass and percussive stuff in it.

I thought burn-in was a load of hooey but it is true. The detail and soundstage is dramatically different after two days of your HD600s being assaulted by 2 days of continous use.

Sep 4, 2001 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 24
Congratulations on your new cans, lucien!
These are great headphones you have now!

BTW: Yesterday was Labour Day, so maybe even Todd wasn't working
wink.gif
. just try again

Bye

Redwoood

Sep 4, 2001 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 24
ahhh... i forgot about labor day over there. that's a relief. i thought he was avoiding me!
smily_headphones1.gif

wow. after all this forum reading, i managed to completely forget about break-in. i'll set them up tonight.

lucien

Sep 4, 2001 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 24
Congrats on your new 600s, Lucien! And remember, it only gets better from here! Well, except maybe for your bank account...
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2001 at 1:34 AM Post #9 of 24
joelongwood... yeah, i don't have much of a choice. my wallet will impose satisfaction on me for some time, i think.

i set them up looping the chemical brothers last night, and they'll stay on there for 72 hours. i don't have my amp anyway, so it's no great loss not being able to listen to them in the meantime.

the sick part is that as i was setting them up, i had this thought that it would be really cool if i had a set of er4ps for my mzr900. only i would need custom earmolds, since i've had trouble getting things into my left ear for years. never get a good seal. will the madness never end?

the only consolation i have is that i won't be able to afford those for a while. rent, food, bills, motorycle registration, etc... seem to be piling up while i buy toys. got to put a stop to it for a while.

lucien

Sep 5, 2001 at 2:54 AM Post #10 of 24
joelongwood,

Judging from your list of gear in your profile I bet you would have wished Bob Dylan's booze soaked prose would have figured more in your life a bit earlier on.

Life is filled full of eternal regrets but at least when you are feeling blue you can whip out a few sets of cans to make you feel better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2001 at 3:14 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Judging from your list of gear in your profile I bet you would have wished Bob Dylan's booze soaked prose would have figured more in your life a bit earlier on.

First off, Heisenberg, I don't think it was booze.
wink.gif
Secondly, his prose has figured very prominently in my life since I first heard him in 1963, at the age of 15. And my acquisition of all the gear in my profile is not an attempt to achieve paradise, because I know that is impossible. It just gives me more options..........and I like options. I don't consider any of my 'phones to be "better" in all aspects than any other pair...........................just "different." And, as you know, "variety is the spice of life." I don't think Bob Dylan said that, but I believe it anyway.
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2001 at 5:05 PM Post #13 of 24
Congratulations, Raymond!

I see that Richer Sounds still has them for that price.
Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of other headfizers from
GB got themselves a pair...

Bye

Redwoood

Sep 5, 2001 at 5:14 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Redwoood
Congratulations, Raymond!

I see that Richer Sounds still has them for that price.
Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of other headfizers from
GB got themselves a pair...

Bye

Redwoood

Please please stop that!!! I have already talked my self out of these once, I dont need more temptation!!

Sep 5, 2001 at 5:29 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by davidcotton

Please please stop that!!! I have already talked my self out of these once, I dont need more temptation!!

I didn't refer to you, I referred to...uh..ah.. Duncan!
wink.gif

Honestly, it's a good offer. But if you prefer to wait, you can always get them from Germany for this price (shipping will be slightly higher I guess).

Bye

Redwoood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back