Finally getting my first amp! The Meier 2Move!
Apr 21, 2008 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chickenman

500+ Head-Fier
Well, This is a special time for me. I just ordered the 2Move off TTVJ and now I start the wait! This will be my first amp ever and I've been begging my parents since the start of March, so hope its worth it!
biggrin.gif

First, I would like to know, is it advisable to get a good IC if I'm going to be using it with my Cowon D2 and with 320kbps song files? Or does that not matter? And secondly, any experiences with q-JAYS or MS1's? I'm going to be using it with those phones! I hope I dont regret this!

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 6
Congrats on your first amp! I know I was pretty excited when I started using amps 3 months ago, and still am today (actually waiting for my RSA Predator, which should arrive in a few days). I also use a Cowon D2, and it amps very well! In case you don't already know, on your player you'll need to turn off all JetEffects (though I use leave BBE at '1') and leave the EQ at 'Normal', and crank the volume to about 49 (50 is hardly better, but eats a lot more battery) to simulate a line-out. No more controlling volume through your D2, it'll be pure amp volume from now on
wink.gif

You'll want a sturdy cable, so you might want to spend a bit more (~$30 and up, depending on the length and grade of cable/sleeving). However, most people can't tell the difference between an expensive grade cable and a coat hangers, so you won't really hear a difference between a Radio Shack IC cable (which I use for longer amp-to-player applications) and a silver-coated copper IC cable, which I use when travelling.

Apr 21, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #3 of 6
I'm curious about what headphones you're amping. If you own only the headphones in your signature, simply using the amp money to buy better headphones would have been the better choice, in my opinion (unless you're going to get heavy use out of the DAC maybe).

Either way, congratulations. The amp in the 2Move sounds great.

Apr 21, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #4 of 6
Congratulations on a very wise choice made. I also use my Cowon D2 with the previous Meier model Corda Move. I listen using either the Senn CX300 while on the move and my Ultrasone Proline 750 at home. I know that the CX300 is not considered so called high-end, but the Meier Move make them sound very good together with the Cowon D2. By the way, I use lossless FLAC files and I recommend that you do, too. In terms of IC, I bought a high quality 5" IC but sound difference is not so great if you intend to use just portable gears. I think it may make a difference if you try critical listening using high end headphones.

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious about what headphones you're amping. If you own only the headphones in your signature, simply using the amp money to buy better headphones would have been the better choice, in my opinion (unless you're going to get heavy use out of the DAC maybe).

Either way, congratulations. The amp in the 2Move sounds great.

He said Q-jays and MS-1.

Apr 21, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that I made this decision and I'll most likely buy a nice DIY IC because I'm too poor right now
tongue.gif
Hopefully I can find somebody to make me a nice one for a decent price and robojack, thanks for telling me how to use the amp with my D2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back