Finally! Dynaudio and Oppo Team Up: Wireless IEM "Enco X"
Feb 15, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #16 of 38
I gave in and purchased them. I will post my impressions when I had some time with them.

Feb 17, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #18 of 38
sounds good finalstan, thanks for the reply. look forward to hearing your thoughts 😁

I've had them for a couple of days now and think they are incredible value. My use case for them is gym and running, basically, and for that the fun tuning works really well. Bass is boomy, extended well into sub-bass with some bleed into mids but not bad. I have no problems with mids whatsoever, I don't actually think that they are recessed at all. I think the bass bleed might give that impression but to me they are crisp and forward enough. Treble is nothing to write home about, it does not lack detail but isn't particularly extended - inoffensive but that is a good thing. There's just enough of good bass, mids and treble and they are all crisp enough to not leave an audiophile wanting more - but only just. Sound-wise then, it's a safe tuning most people will enjoy. I heard Airpods Pro and these fare much, much better SQ-wise.

What really surprised me is how well designed the hardware is. From the case (wireless charging is supported) to the touch controls and the fact that you can connect them to two devices and switch between them with one simple touch control. This was important to me as I want to be able to change between my running watch and phone quickly and that works well here. Connection is established quickly and very stable, something my BT20s suffered from when connected to my Garmin watch particularly. You can customise the gestures using the app. It's all very well thought out. If you need eq, just use Wavelet (I have an android phone) but I guess having this in-app would've been better to some (I don't really care about it). Not tested the noise-cancelling much at all, it seems fine to me and I have it enabled at all times.

I experimented a little with tips. Problem with them is that other tips might not fit into the case, you need really short tips like the ones that come with the buds and you achieve a fit through a combination of the tip and the way these 'hook' into your ears. All in all, happy with the purchase.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #19 of 38
I've had them for a couple of days now and think they are incredible value. My use case for them is gym and running, basically, and for that the fun tuning works really well. Bass is boomy, extended well into sub-bass with some bleed into mids but not bad. I have no problems with mids whatsoever, I don't actually think that they are recessed at all. I think the bass bleed might give that impression but to me they are crisp and forward enough. Treble is nothing to write home about, it does not lack detail but isn't particularly extended - inoffensive but that is a good thing. There's just enough of good bass, mids and treble and they are all crisp enough to leave an audiophile wanting more - but only just. Sound-wise then, it's a safe tuning most people will enjoy. I heard Airpods Pro and these fare much, much better SQ-wise.

What really surprised me is how well designed the hardware is. From the case (wireless charging is supported) to the touch controls and the fact that you can connect them to two devices and switch between them with one simple touch control. This was important to me as I want to be able to change between my running watch and phone quickly and that works well here. Connection is established quickly and very stable, something my BT20s suffered from when connected to my Garmin watch particularly. You can customise the gestures using the app. It's all very well thought out. If you need eq, just use Wavelet (I have an android phone) but I guess having this in-app would've been better to some (I don't really care about it). Not tested the noise-cancelling much at all, it seems fine to me and I have it enabled at all times.

I experimented a little with tips. Problem with them is that other tips might not fit into the case, you need really short tips like the ones that come with the buds and you achieve a fit through a combination of the tip and the way these 'hook' into your ears. All in all, happy with the purchase.

thanks for the feedback bud, really appreciated - these buds sound promising.

i've never heard Airpods Pro and they're universally praised so if you think they sound better (at almost half the price), i think we have a winner.
my ears are on the smaller side so the design of the enco x look like a better fit than say the larger design of the galaxy buds pro and jabra range.

i'll be using them for calls too... any thoughts on the call quality, does your voice sound passable to the other caller?
i also wanted to ask whether you've received any updates since owning them, and what they've improved if anything?

the white ones are out of stock on Amazon atm, but think i'll pull the trigger next month when they're back in.
again, thanks for the feedback - any on going thoughts on the buds as you spend more time with them would be greatly appreciated.

cheers finalstan

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #20 of 38
thanks for the feedback bud, really appreciated - these buds sound promising.

i've never heard Airpods Pro and they're universally praised so if you think they sound better (at almost half the price), i think we have a winner.
my ears are on the smaller side so the design of the enco x look like a better fit than say the larger design of the galaxy buds pro and jabra range.

i'll be using them for calls too... any thoughts on the call quality, does your voice sound passable to the other caller?
i also wanted to ask whether you've received any updates since owning them, and what they've improved if anything?

the white ones are out of stock on Amazon atm, but think i'll pull the trigger next month when they're back in.
again, thanks for the feedback - any on going thoughts on the buds as you spend more time with them would be greatly appreciated.

cheers finalstan
Happy to provide more feedback. Oh, and I bought the last white pair!

I've had more time with them and they perform very well. I do not want to hype them up for you, I think you need to keep your expectations in check; you get a lot of tech for the price so the SQ is not going to be like expensive sets. In hindsight, they do lack a little detail across the board, but what you do get is very enjoyable, they are an easy listen. More thoughts would include the fact that mids are strong in this set, which is not what people are generally saying, I think the tuning may be distracting from that but to me the mids are very good. The bass is still soft and boomy (not as bad as Apple) and the treble drops off a little too soon. I like how they fit, it's a little 'loose' fit to what I am used to but they've never fallen out and I work out in them. It makes them non-fatiguing.

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #21 of 38
some quick thought after using them for a few days. basically a pretty good all rounder.

- case is compact, the spring loaded mechanism on the lid is perfect, usb-c, wireless charging
- earbuds fit is really good for my ears. It's not the tightest, so passive isolation isn't the best, but the plus side is that when jogging (IP54 rated) with them very minimal thumping sound from my footsteps.
- battery life has been decent for me and better than advertised (maybe because they tested it using LHDC?). With aac on my android phone i can get around 7 hours of playback at 75% vol, and with ANC on it's about 5 hours.
- touch controls are easy to use and it has a fast device switching feature too (long press 3secs). So i can switch devices pretty easily without the need turn off bluetooth on my phone first before connecting with another.
- has app support for firmware updates as well as minor tweaks to the touch controls. no built-in EQ though.
- ANC is decent, but not great, though not a deal breaker since when music is playing, it will drown out the remaining noise anyway.
- Ambient mode sounds pretty natural, and it has a smart feature where if you take out 1 side of the earbuds the remaining side will automatically go into ambient mode.
- call quality is okay for me. voice sounds quite natural, but like almost every other TWS it will still struggle in noisy environment since the mic is quite far away.
- sound wise it's pretty good and enjoyable enough for me. Not the tightest bass, but has a decent sub bass reach and has a nice punch when the track calls for it. Mids can sound a little recessed at lower volumes to me, but sounds okay at higher volumes. Though I still find that the lower mids can sound a little thin for my taste though. Other than that no other complaints. Decent elevation in the upper mids but not too shouty. Treble is present, but inoffensive, which I prefer as well. Detail retrieval is probably above average for TWS too, maybe will be better with LHDC codec? no idea. well, overall it's not going to beat wired gear at the same price point, but that's the norm for TWS anyway.
- volume output is a bit on the lower side compared to other TWS i guess, since i often need to play it at like 75-80%. But i never have to max it out, so can't really say it's lacking too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rUj4sBl.jpg

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #22 of 38
thanks for the feedback guys!

i pulled the trigger and bought the white ones on Amazon today 😁

forgot I had a £50 voucher from Xmas so got them for £85 in the end which by the sounds of it is an incredible price for the tech included.

can't wait to test these beauties out

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #23 of 38
Oppo Enco X blues edition announced with 2 new eq presets from what i can tell. I cant tell if its limited to the new edition or if the presets will apply on the older one. Would be interested again if i could push these a little more towards neutral, i love the form factor - its just the sound signature is too much as is.

Mar 12, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #26 of 38
Maybe in addition to the firmware for the buds theres a pending app update itself which is yet to release?

Mar 18, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #28 of 38
There was an app update for this on the 9th of march but china only so far, which brings the new features. Cant wait, contacted oppo to ask about the app for their headphones and they were basically like "its not our app, we wont support the software for our own product" essentially. Contacted the dev direct and no reply, hopefully it filters through and we get the added features soon. Looking forward to changing the EQ directly on the buds. Still think these are the best all-rounder I've tried, If the EQ's could make them sound close to the mu3 I'd be in TWS heaven. Getting a oneplus 9 pro when its released soon to take advantage of LHDC too.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #30 of 38
Nice find typo2! I would have thought the non-chinese version of the app will receive the update too. Fingers crossed. Btw is LHDC confirmed for OP9Pro? I have the OP8Pro and it doesn't support the codec, hoping OP will add it in the future, Android 12 perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back