Finally done it - Bought Anapod
Feb 25, 2006 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't know if i'm alone here, but since iTunes 6.0.2x I have been unable to restore my iPod without having major nightmares, iTunes would crash after copying across about 8-900 tracks, and then the iPod itself would lose the info of the files already transferred...

I must admit to being a total anapod newbie... but, looks okay and transfers seem to be going okay as well - not to mention that it has the all important play count
biggrin.gif

...Not sure if I can live without the itunes layout, but - drag and drop is cool
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 26
The biggest problem with Anapod these days is that their support is nonexistant.

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 26
Hmm... not so good
frown.gif

But - on the bright side, I've copied about 2/3 of my 40gb worth of music, and it hasn't crashed
biggrin.gif
- One up over itunes for sure
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 26
Hiya...

The ipod display is totally stock, although I am having issues with album art, so this could be a short lived cure to my itunes blues
frown.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidJr
The biggest problem with Anapod these days is that their support is nonexistant.

Yeah. And it's a shame because Anapod (and Notmad for the Creative crowd) are excellent products, reliable and a refreshing change from the 'bloatware' software options that come with the players. I don't know what is going on a RedChair... no customer support these days and it seems product development has stopped as well. It's a small operation I think and perhaps some life emergency has them distracted for a while... understandable if so but it would be nice if they would at least post a brief message letting their customers know what is going on...

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
You guys are really making me appreciate the plain 'ole windows (software free) drag and drop of my iRiver/iAudio.....

Yes, there is something to be said for simplicity...

However there are good alternatives that are well supported. Like XPlay from Mediafour and all of the stuff from iPodsoft.com too.

And in the free arena there's Yamipod, Ephpod and a few others.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #9 of 26
I use foopod with foobar2k. I can use drag and drop with my iPod just like with my H120. I just have to leave all of my music in the iPod_Control/Music directory just like iTunes usaully does, but I can leave it in my normal directory structure, it is so nice....

But once I get all of my music on the iPod, I just pull up foobar2k and tell it to rebuild the iTunesDB on the iPod, then it works like a charm. I do this mostly in preperation for rockbox, but it is nice to be able to load my music on anycomputer and always have easy access to it.

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #10 of 26
Just to let you know...

I had the same exact problem with my 5G iPod and I realized that it kept getting stuck at around the same point (about 4GB). I tested this by just throwing in some random files in disk mode and it stopped at around 4GB again.

I just went to the Apple Store where they actually tested to see if it would stop at around 4GB on their computers and after it did, they swapped me with a new/refurb iPod. Now, I have no problems with syncing my 17GB of music.

Feb 26, 2006 at 11:03 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoblaze01
Just to let you know...

I had the same exact problem with my 5G iPod and I realized that it kept getting stuck at around the same point (about 4GB). I tested this by just throwing in some random files in disk mode and it stopped at around 4GB again.

I just went to the Apple Store where they actually tested to see if it would stop at around 4GB on their computers and after it did, they swapped me with a new/refurb iPod. Now, I have no problems with syncing my 17GB of music.

Thanks for the heads up... never really thought that it could be faulty hardware...

I wonder if the UK Apple store will be as good with their returns policy if I need to take advantage of it...

...Fingers crossed, what I have done after feeling let down by anapod, is to download iTunes 6.0.1 which completely killed what little there was of iTunes, then - reinstalled the latest version... 1200 songs and counting...
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 11:26 AM Post #12 of 26
Yup... iTunes appears to have come back to life...

If someone wants to buy my anapod license off of me for a few US$... drop me a PM... I'm going back to iTunes
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #14 of 26
Does anyone use MediaMonkey? I have been testing with it for about a week and it seems to be quite a nice piece of (free!) software. Syncs are fast and reliable even with huge playlists. Also can import and export .M3U playlists which is nice. A lot of features in there (although you have to look for some of them.) Overall a very nice effort. Works with iPod and all MTP players (which covers most everything on the market right now.)

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Yup... iTunes appears to have come back to life...

If someone wants to buy my anapod license off of me for a few US$... drop me a PM... I'm going back to iTunes
smily_headphones1.gif

The anapod license isn't transferrable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back