Final Four predictions
Mar 22, 2002 at 12:51 PM Post #46 of 70
Eddie you are a freak'in genius!
Good call on Duke upset, Jason William chokes big time at the line,
I almost had a heart attack when Indiana fouled him shooting the trey last play! Won't have to listen to Vitale go spastic every time
he pumps up the Dukies now.

(I would be more impressed if all four of your predictions were correct.)

Mar 22, 2002 at 5:10 PM Post #47 of 70
Note to Indiana: if you are up by four with 11 seconds left, stand there with your hands in the air. Let them shoot!! They got REALLY REALLY lucky. When he missed the foul shot and Boozer got the rebound I thought things were over and done with, and we had seen the infamous 5 point play. I think indiana could have pulled away in OT considering Duke's foul trouble but I also think that was the worst officiated game I've seen in the tourny so far, against both ends of the court.

Anyway, I'm glad Indiana and Kent State won, that makes it fun.

Now that every team I said would get to the final four lost (2 in the first frickin round) I fully expect Maryland, who I predicted would choke, is going to win the championship. Just you frickin wait.

Mar 22, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #48 of 70
I only got to see the last 2 or 3 minutes of the Indiana-Duke game because the game we had was Oklahoma-Arizona, but I was watching the score. They kept getting closer and closer. Finally, they switched us over. This game was a lot like the Duke at Virginia game. Duke was ahead by about 20 in that one also, but just went dead in the last 10 minutes. It was really lucky for Indiana that they won it. I thought that Duke was going to win when they got fouled on the three-pointer at the end, especially after Boozer got the rebound and had what looked like any easy put back.

You're right, DarkAngel, it would have been more impressive if I had gotten more that 2 out of 4. I'm really doing bad in the office pool. Most people's bracket is messed up with Missouri, Kent State, and Indiana going so far, but mine's even messed up more because I picked Gonzaga to go to the Final Four. The lesson I learned: never pick a 6 seed to go to the Final Four. My bracket is in the bottom 25%.

predictions for tonight's games:

Maryland over Kentucky.
Connecticut over Southern Illinois.
Kansas over Illinois.
Texas over Oregon.

Mar 25, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #50 of 70
And then there were four...

- Oklahoma vs Indiana
- Maryland vs Kansas

Well, don't think too many people expected Indiana to be here. I certainly didn't. Poor Kent State, almost made it. If I had seen more of Oklahoma before, I might've picked them instead of Arizona. Still, at least I got Maryland and Kansas right.

So, who's still alive in their tourney pools? I can still win mine, but only if Maryland beats Kansas. Then I'd have a 90% chance of winning, regardless of the other games. Man, I wish Illinois had knocked off Kansas when they had the chance. Oh well, go Terps and the ACC!

Mar 25, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #51 of 70
I can win if Maryland gets to the finals, only 'cause I picked alot of the early upsets... Everyone's bracket is so screwed up it's scary :p BTW, Maryland is my only team left...ugh.

Mar 25, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #53 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
[...]
Well, don't think too many people expected Indiana to be here. [...]

deep in their heart at least, most people didn't expect kansas to be there either (cf. also usa today, ny times etc.)

Mar 31, 2002 at 3:48 AM Post #54 of 70
Indiana 73, Oklahoma 64

Maryland leads Kansas with less than five minutes left in the game (as of this posting).

Mar 31, 2002 at 4:24 AM Post #55 of 70
Fellow HeadFizers,

Which team will you root for (to win the NCAA Basketball Championship Title)? Indiana or Maryland?

Feel free to crap on this question.

Mar 31, 2002 at 5:05 AM Post #57 of 70
I'm glad Indiana is doing so well, ESPECIALLY now that Knight is gone!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 31, 2002 at 5:20 AM Post #59 of 70
Anyone watch the Uconn vs. UT women's game? Speaking of coaches you like and coaches who are ******** . . . that UT coach is EVIL looking when she's screaming from the sidelines. She's been around a while too. I much prefer watching a coach who seems in control (like Duke's Coach K, I'm NOT going to try to spell it.)

The Indiana coach now is definitely a cool seeming guy, I'll agree. I want Indiana to win because that would be cool as hell, the Indiana fans were going to crucify him for taking Knights place and then he goes and gets in the Championship Game 2 years later. How do you like DEM apples!!?!

Mar 31, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #60 of 70
My pops is from Indiana, went to IU. He even looks like Bobby Knight
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
We had a good time watching the last two games.

I don't even care if IU loses the title game. It's been quite a run already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back