Final Four: NCAA college basketball
Mar 31, 2008 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
We made it! Yeah! Today's game between Kansas and Davidson was a real nail biter, and the Jayhawks were lucky to squeak by to make it into the Final 4, but a win is a win at tournament time, and we'll take 'em any way we can get 'em.

UCLA had a scare earlier in the tournament against Texas Tech but they managed to pull that one out, and have been playing as strong as ever. Likewise, Memphis managed to pull out a close win against Mississippi State in the second round. But my gosh, North Carolina appears to be unbeatable!

What an amazing couple of weekends of basketball now behind us, and what promises to be an even more amazing Final 4 weekend ahead of us! No matter what happens next weekend, each of these four #1 seeded teams will have every right to look back on this season with amazing pride.

But oh, to win it all, and especially this year!

Go 'Hawks!
cool.gif

(By the way, there are no predictions being expressed here, and my only expectation is that the guys give it their best next weekend. Instead it's just a thread about school pride, and that big smile that keeps coming back on my face as I think back to '88 when I was at KU when they won their last national championship.)

A quick link for those who have not been following the tournament: NCAA.com - The Official Web Site of the NCAA

Mar 31, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 16
Alas, I see a North Carolina vs Memphis final and Memphis' questionable free-throw shooting will be their downfall.

Mar 31, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alas, I see a North Carolina vs Memphis final and Memphis' questionable free-throw shooting will be their downfall.

That was pretty impressive free throw shooting today though, I thought. Lord, my bracket is all messed up.

Mar 31, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is sad to see Davidson go. This will be an amazing final four though. One thing is for sure: whoever wins it all this year truly deserves it.

Let's just hope that there are no tight games that are decided based on bad calls by the refs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but man its sad to see davidson gone, love underdogs coming through.

Quote:

It is sad to see Davidson go.

Were they playing anyone but Kansas, I would of course agree! What a totally amazing basketball team for a small, private liberal arts college with a student body of only 1,700 students! Most schools that size are playing in Division III. They play a suffocating zone defense and of course Curry would be an absolute star on any team in the nation.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #7 of 16
By the way, in the Mike & Mike in the Morning bracket wager, Mike Greenberg--the first time in four years!--won the wager over Mike Golic because Memphis clobbered Texas in the regional final, what with 83% success rate in free-throw shooting, of all things!
eek.gif
The "big guy" will have to go on a NutriSystem diet before doing that eating contest.
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #8 of 16
I am really pumped. I love and hate this time of the year. It has so many up and downs. Here is a neat part of a e-mail I got.

Our Father, who art in Lawrence,
Hallowed be thy Game.
Thy tourney come,
Thy championship will be done,
In San Antonio as it is in Allen Field House.
Give us this day our deserved victories.
And forgive us our turnovers,
As we forgive Roy who double-crossed against us.
And lead us not into defeat,
But deliver us from East Coast bias,
For Kansas is the basketball kingdom,
And the tradition,
And the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.
BEAK 'EM HAWKS!!!!

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #9 of 16
As a die hard XII fan, I will be rootin' hardcore for the Hawks. They are our conference's flagship B-Ball school. It's time they break the XII"s droubt and bring home the big trophy! However...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101
Alas, I see a North Carolina vs Memphis final

I have to agree with Sacto. In terms of athletism, those two are a head above everyone else. Luckily for people who think and root like me, they still have to play the games. You never know about the tourney. One bad shooting night, and it's goin' home time.

Mar 31, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

It is sad to see Davidson go. This will be an amazing final four though. One thing is for sure: whoever wins it all this year truly deserves it.

It was sad to see them go but man they played Kansas tough, really tough. I thought that Kansas was going to blow them out. Although I can 't believe that with 16 seconds they only got one shot off.

Mar 31, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #12 of 16
i took the odd road of having all the #1s be in the final four, which usually never happens. as a result i'm #3 in the league now, and if UCLA gets in the Final and NC wins, I should win too!

Mar 31, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #13 of 16
GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!

Ride Psycho T to the title.

Mar 31, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BEAK 'EM HAWKS!!!!

Shouldn't it be Rawk Chalk Jayhawk!!??
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back