Final Audio Design Piano Forte X-G (Gold, 3 months old, mint)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
May 12, 2015 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rotijon

100+ Head-Fier

Item(s):
Piano Forte X-G (gold one)

Package includes:
Everything

Price:
USD1200 or best offer. Price is inclusive of fees and shipping to anywhere in the world.

Warranty:
1 year 10 months

Age of item:
Since February 2015.

Item(s) conditions:
10/10. Mint.

Possible trades:
Schiit Ragnarok
Schiit Yggdrasil
Cary Audio 805 monoblocks
Cardas Clear Beyond Speaker Cables
HE-1000
HD800 with 4 pin balanced cable (mint)
SR-009
BHSE

Some Information:
These are the gold plated Piano Forte X-CC. The reference for Final Audio Design alongside The LAB 1.

In terms of earphones, they are the king of vocals and jazz. Quite simple unbeatable in Jazz and Acoustic songs. If you go to orchestra/ intimate live performances often, these will bring you right back there.

I have loved 4 earphones in my life. The Fitear MH335DW, Noble K10U, Final Audio Design LAB 1 and Final Audio Design Piano Forte X-G. These earphones do a something the other cannot and they are the best in their category.

Of all the earphones i've loved. These are the most polarizing (they are the least polarizing among the PF line tho IMHO). You will either hate it or love it. The FAD PF VIII was the earphone that pulled me into head-fi and this is its big brother.

On the sound, I honestly find it very difficult describe, its just very airy and natural. They remind me of horn speakers paired with audio note amps. Let me just say, you wont forget the way it plays vocals. I hate to use these words, but they are very "emotional" and "musical".

I bought these as i've always wanted to own one, but since i have speakers at home and i rarely use earphones in the office. I dont see a reason to keep these around. As i have also just purchased a pair Franco Serblin Accordo's speakers, i would rather the money go to fine tuning these. My preamp needs eight 6922 tubes, and each Telefunken EC88 is about USD190 =_= , so these will need to go fund those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread