Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 29, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #9,601 of 11,629
As I have became quite a big fanboy of the E3000 in the last couple of months, here are my impressions comparing with other IEMs in my collection (from favorite to least favorite order). Please note these are only my impressions with my set of ears, and can be very different for other folks :)

E3000: Superior staging, imaging. Good separation. Perfect tuning, perfect amount of bass, mids and treble. Pretty good attack and clarity. Can be used with any type of music. The biggest advantage is the superior natural / lifelike timbre. It can sound so realistic from M11 Pro that is "unreal" (a bit less realistic from my other sources but still superior to other iems)... Certain instruments are coming from above my head which makes them even more realistic. The most emotion inducing IEMs I have ever heard.

<snip to save space>

What I have learnt from this hobby: money won't buy you better sound. The E3000 is one of the cheapest and hands down the best IEM I ever heard, even comparing to big dogs like M9.
All in all, I don't really understand why certain chi-fi IEMs are hyped to death (looking at you BLON), while I can barely see any mainstream reviewers even mentioning the E3000... Maybe the E3000 is tuned only for my ears :)
If final will ever produce an upgraded E3000 with more sturdy / better / replacable cable, that would be an instant buy for me.

I'm a bit worried that Final will push only B and A lines which are mostly mids/treble detail centric :frowning2: Hope they won't forget about the bass which is equally important in music and necessary to give you emotions.

The E3000 (and E2000) deserve much more attention and accolades here for what they deliver. I am looking forward to more final products. Perhaps a budget B1, 2, and 3?

I somewhat disagree with you about the need for a detachable cable. The little earphones are so small and light that connectors and a heavier cable would nearly ruin the excellent everyday carry ability and fit of the less expensive E series.

Tanks for this.
I have never tried the e3000, I had the e5000 but they did not convince me.
I tried e5000, fiio fh5, shure se 215 and fiio fa1.
In the end a like the Fiio FA1 100 euro vs 250 euro just not so gut base, is whery fast but mids is high whery gut for me.

I have the Fiio FA1. I would think the E5000 would be a great complement to the FA1’s tuning and construction. Like having a Stratocaster and a Les Paul.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #9,602 of 11,629
Actually, Final products are currently available on most of the Amazon in Europe which includes, Italy, Germany, Spain and France.

We actually do not encourage purchasing from Amazon Japan because no matter how good a product is, there is still a slight chance for it to breakdown.
Amazon Japan would not help you with the repair and replacement process but the local Amazon will.

While considering better and more convenient aftersales support, we strongly recommend to purchase it from the closer dealers.

I totally agree with you. Too bad that not all, and not even most Final IEMs (e.g. E500, and many others) are available on amazon.it or even .fr .de or .co.uk

As a matter of fact, I do prioritarily purchase from Amazon in EU (vs JP or USA or CN) due to their super effective no-question product return policy, together with faster leadtime of course.

I can also add that national / regional "value added distributors" or dealers - not only in the audio market, tbh - have so miserably failed to prove the "real value" of their supposed "added value" in my views for such a long time now, that it would take a very special event for anyone of them to catch me again as a customer / patron. Nothing is impossible of course, but I strongly doubt it will happen.

May 29, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #9,603 of 11,629
When listening, the cable must be straight, or else the sound is on and off.
Sounds like the cable is damaged and the signal gets cut off. Cable break is actually not a valid warranty claim because this happens due to improper use. If you got it like that out of the box, there is a very slim chance the soldering wasn't done right. (Depends on where you have to bend it.) But we are talking about final and not a Chi-Fi brand, so this is really not something one would expect to happen during production.

Instead, it's probably more likely the dealer repackaged a used item or is selling refurbished as new or got tricked by a customer returning a defective item as "unused". You should definitely turn to the dealer and see if you can settle the dispute.

May 29, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #9,604 of 11,629
The E3000 (and E2000) deserve much more attention and accolades here for what they deliver. I am looking forward to more final products. Perhaps a budget B1, 2, and 3?

I somewhat disagree with you about the need for a detachable cable. The little earphones are so small and light that connectors and a heavier cable would nearly ruin the excellent everyday carry ability and fit of the less expensive E series.

I have the Fiio FA1. I would think the E5000 would be a great complement to the FA1’s tuning and construction. Like having a Stratocaster and a Les Paul.
Gotta collected them all like Pokemon :-D

May 29, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #9,605 of 11,629
@Final Audio
Well, i just purchased e3k for 1 month, and when listening music, my right earphone sometimes has sound and sometime don't.
When listening, the cable must be straight, or else the sound is on and off.
I bought it via online store in indonesia,
Already message the store, and they need returned to them complete with the box.

Unfortunately, i threw the box away, so i can't claim the warranty.
I don't know that they just making up excuses or what.

I think get another e3k is better option.
Hi @Dicoy , cable disconnection is considered to be the most common thing that we have faced in warranty.

According to our policy, warranty return for repair and replacement only need 2 things, the product, and purchase receipt. If the dealer decline to offer their support to you, please private message me and I will have our distributor to offer their direct after-sales service to you.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If they are only 1 month old, just get them replaced under warranty
Final offer 2-year-warranty to most of our product except E500 and E1000. So even if the malfunction happen after 1 month, we are still very happy to offer our support.

I totally agree with you. Too bad that not all, and not even most Final IEMs (e.g. E500, and many others) are available on amazon.it or even .fr .de or .co.uk

As a matter of fact, I do prioritarily purchase from Amazon in EU (vs JP or USA or CN) due to their super effective no-question product return policy, together with faster leadtime of course.

I can also add that national / regional "value added distributors" or dealers - not only in the audio market, tbh - have so miserably failed to prove the "real value" of their supposed "added value" in my views for such a long time now, that it would take a very special event for anyone of them to catch me again as a customer / patron. Nothing is impossible of course, but I strongly doubt it will happen.
Actually our Amazon EU has been just updated very recently. Basically you can find the whole E, F, B series on all of the Amazon in EU.
For an example, E500 can be found on Amazon Italy now too. [Link]
And another good news is, soon we will have our authorized distributor available in Italy again.

Sounds like the cable is damaged and the signal gets cut off. Cable break is actually not a valid warranty claim because this happens due to improper use. If you got it like that out of the box, there is a very slim chance the soldering wasn't done right. (Depends on where you have to bend it.) But we are talking about final and not a Chi-Fi brand, so this is really not something one would expect to happen during production.

Instead, it's probably more likely the dealer repackaged a used item or is selling refurbished as new or got tricked by a customer returning a defective item as "unused". You should definitely turn to the dealer and see if you can settle the dispute.
Thank you for sharing the information. Sometimes, some dealers has their own policy while dealing with products and that is what worried us the most. Not every dealer is sharing the same ideal business concept we are having.

Like mentioned above, if the dealer is not willing to offer their support, we will have our distributor handle it or we will resolve it directly from Japan.

May 30, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #9,607 of 11,629
Like mentioned above, if the dealer is not willing to offer their support, we will have our distributor handle it or we will resolve it directly from Japan.
Exemplary.

May 30, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #9,608 of 11,629
My wife daily drives her E2000 since it was purchased during launch and have had no issues with the cables.

I helped her clean down her earphones today and the only wear were found around the edges of driver barrels, where the black paint had slightly came off in some places.

If this pair ever fails, I'm getting her an upgrade to the E3000 or E3000C.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #9,609 of 11,629
My wife daily drives her E2000 since it was purchased during launch and have had no issues with the cables.

I helped her clean down her earphones today and the only wear were found around the edges of driver barrels, where the black paint had slightly came off in some places.

The E2000 and E3000 are pretty much the same except for tuning. Maybe I am just being a nitpick. No offense intended.

May 30, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #9,610 of 11,629
The E2000 and E3000 are pretty much the same except for tuning. Maybe I am just being a nitpick. No offense intended.
nah I think the E3000 has some better SQ in comparison to the E2000 besides the tuning.

May 30, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #9,611 of 11,629

Hifiheadphones.co.uk will ship to Italy (may take longer at the moment, obviously) and stock Final.

Jun 1, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #9,612 of 11,629
After a couple of months (maybe 5 months?) Using the E5000 I feel this iem will change it sound due to Eartips size , and how to use it (over ear vs straight down).

Have u guys experienced that?

When I use it over ear, using M size tips , it had little quantity of treble. Then I switch it to L , it has more treble.

Today , I'm using it straight down with L Eartips. I'm just curious how it feels in terms of comfort. But I surprised that the treble extend much more + extra quantity. And the technicalities is improved.

Fyi , my my Eartips size is M for all iem I've ever had. L is too large for me , but with final E5000 i think L works best for me , because the iem doesn't lock into my ears since it has bullet design.

What do you guys prefer to use this iem? For Eartips size and how to use it (over ear vs straight down) ?

Thx , sorry my bad English :D

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #9,613 of 11,629
After a couple of months (maybe 5 months?) Using the E5000 I feel this iem will change it sound due to Eartips size , and how to use it (over ear vs straight down).

Have u guys experienced that?

When I use it over ear, using M size tips , it had little quantity of treble. Then I switch it to L , it has more treble.

Today , I'm using it straight down with L Eartips. I'm just curious how it feels in terms of comfort. But I surprised that the treble extend much more + extra quantity. And the technicalities is improved.

Fyi , my my Eartips size is M for all iem I've ever had. L is too large for me , but with final E5000 i think L works best for me , because the iem doesn't lock into my ears since it has bullet design.

What do you guys prefer to use this iem? For Eartips size and how to use it (over ear vs straight down) ?

Thx , sorry my bad English :D
Yes, these things can indeed affect the sound. Tips can change the distance between the eardrum and the IEMs, as well as the seal, and cable down or around the ear can change the angle and seal of the IEMs too. When I had the E5000 over for a review, I preferred to use them cable down and with quite a deep insertion to get a nice bass response. Similarly I always use the E4000 cable down and a deep insertion when I train in my gym or go running because the bass is a bit tighter and gives a nice impact, which is good for training.

Jun 1, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #9,614 of 11,629
Yes, these things can indeed affect the sound. Tips can change the distance between the eardrum and the IEMs, as well as the seal, and cable down or around the ear can change the angle and seal of the IEMs too. When I had the E5000 over for a review, I preferred to use them cable down and with quite a deep insertion to get a nice bass response. Similarly I always use the E4000 cable down and a deep insertion when I train in my gym or go running because the bass is a bit tighter and gives a nice impact, which is good for training.
Ah glad to hear that , feel better for my e5k now , with more treble for any rock / band song. But using it over ear isn't bad too for me , love the mid bass-upper bass bump for modern song like Billie eilish or Bruno Mars lol and much thick and smoother tone overall.

Now I already place my order for E4000 , wish it will be complement for E5000 rather than downgrade :D

Thx for your reply :)

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #9,615 of 11,629

You can try e5000 also , it's a good pair of iems. The tuning is very musical , I wear it about 3 hours without ear fatigue at all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back