Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 1, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #9,482 of 11,629
Really loving the E3000...
@palestofwhite Thank you! And omg, you are using the E3000 as your avatar!

hey @Final Audio what are the difference between these 2

As @Licht has kindly shared, (ありがとう!) indeed, we made the stem into different color so that for some user, they can use Red stem for certain side for easier LR identification.

The sealing property should be the same.

Black ones, originally sold in grey stems only, are now sold only in set of grey stem + red stem for left and right.

This is just my guess, but red stem on clear type significantly affects aesthetics, (it looks like some medical equipment?) thus it is up to you to buy one more red stem set and use it for right (or for both left and right).
Thank you for your detailed explanation. :)

Out of curiosity, what is the loudest you will listen to your music before you feel it gets too loud for healthy listening? With over-ears I have a good idea what a healthy listening volume is due to them being open backed and can compare them to outside sounds. That said, with IEMs that have excellent seal I don't have a good reference what is too loud.

For example, when using Tidal (line level) and listening to my B3's that are being powered by a Chord Mojo, I usually run it so the Chord's volume is red. For those of you who have similar equipment, is this a safe volume?
This is actually a very good practice! While enjoying your music, taking care of the ear is very important too.
Hearing degrades through age, which is unavoidable, but as a music lover ourselves, speeding up the process is definitely something that we should try to avoid.

According to research, to protect your hearing,
1588379176283.png

The first column is listening volume level in Decibel, 2nd column is 1 week maximum listening period, 3rd column is 1 day maximum listening period before the volume actually going to hurt your hearing capability. Of course this is just for your reference, we believe that it differ for different people as well.

For an example, if a person listening to 80dB, then he should not be listening to this volume more than 40 hours per week and 8 hours per day.

If a person is listening at 92dB, then he should not be listening to this volume more than 2.5 hours per week and 0.5 hour per day.

Unfortunately, it is actually very hard to actually know that at which volume you are listening to. We have attempted to produce a reference for our users by making measurement based on certain guidance as below:

Earphone: E500
Sound source: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nRYMXrVOLEwE_ZOg_dgsUHTBX4_Myxsu?usp=sharing
Player: Apple Iphone 8 with original lightning to 3.5mm, Sony NW-A50, iriver AK70 with all EQ and special setting OFF

Apple Iphone 8
Volume setting step 7: 74dB
Volume setting step 8: 78dB
Volume setting step 9: 82dB
Volume setting step 10: 86dB

Sony NW-A50
Volume 64: 75dB
Volume 74: 80dB
Volume 84: 85dB

iriver AK70
Volume 79: 75dB
Volume 89: 80dB
Volume 99: 85dB

Unfortunately, this test can only be done if you accidentally own either one of this players and the E500.

As this measurement was done for special program in Japan, we had took our time to work with our R&D partners for the measurement. Making more measurements might be possible but it would consume quite a lot of time and cost. If there is any chance that we extend the range further in the future, we will share it out.

I bought both the B1 and B3 a while back to test and I think the B3 would be better suited for your music tastes. In my opinion, Final Audio tuned the B3's to better fit Japanese/asian audiophile preferences and music. The B3 excels in the mid frequencies with emphasis on vocal clarity. The sound signature of the B3's is more balanced imo than that of the B1 which has more emphasis on the low end as well as treble. The B3's low-end is more focused on speed and crisp delivery rather than amount of bass and is the least pronounced region. I don't know if I can say that the B3's have a very wide soundstage as they are not the widest I've heard in an IEM but I can say that vocal clarity and instrument separation are very good. In the end, I returned the B1's and kept the B3's since I love how balanced and clear they are. Hope this helps!
Thank you very much for your sharing. Your retailers must be so kind to accept the good return. :D

I have wrote an in-depth written review about Final B2 and B3 :)

B3 is the better one, while B2 is the entry-level model. B2 is thick, warm, lush, rich sounding, intimate. B3 is colder, analyical, detailed, wide. Liked both!

More info in the full review! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/one-bright-and-one-thick-final-b3-and-b2.html
Hi @Dobrescu George , thank you for your effort and time to write the long and detailed review for us. Awesome as always!

I have added , f3100 to my collection and as well as the f4100 now
Thank you @mochill . I hope that you are going to like both of them.

May 1, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #9,483 of 11,629
@palestofwhite Thank you! And omg, you are using the E3000 as your avatar!

As @Licht has kindly shared, (ありがとう!) indeed, we made the stem into different color so that for some user, they can use Red stem for certain side for easier LR identification.

The sealing property should be the same.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. :)

This is actually a very good practice! While enjoying your music, taking care of the ear is very important too.
Hearing degrades through age, which is unavoidable, but as a music lover ourselves, speeding up the process is definitely something that we should try to avoid.

According to research, to protect your hearing,
1588379176283.png
The first column is listening volume level in Decibel, 2nd column is 1 week maximum listening period, 3rd column is 1 day maximum listening period before the volume actually going to hurt your hearing capability. Of course this is just for your reference, we believe that it differ for different people as well.

For an example, if a person listening to 80dB, then he should not be listening to this volume more than 40 hours per week and 8 hours per day.

If a person is listening at 92dB, then he should not be listening to this volume more than 2.5 hours per week and 0.5 hour per day.

Unfortunately, it is actually very hard to actually know that at which volume you are listening to. We have attempted to produce a reference for our users by making measurement based on certain guidance as below:

Earphone: E500
Sound source: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nRYMXrVOLEwE_ZOg_dgsUHTBX4_Myxsu?usp=sharing
Player: Apple Iphone 8 with original lightning to 3.5mm, Sony NW-A50, iriver AK70 with all EQ and special setting OFF

Apple Iphone 8
Volume setting step 7: 74dB
Volume setting step 8: 78dB
Volume setting step 9: 82dB
Volume setting step 10: 86dB

Sony NW-A50
Volume 64: 75dB
Volume 74: 80dB
Volume 84: 85dB

iriver AK70
Volume 79: 75dB
Volume 89: 80dB
Volume 99: 85dB

Unfortunately, this test can only be done if you accidentally own either one of this players and the E500.

As this measurement was done for special program in Japan, we had took our time to work with our R&D partners for the measurement. Making more measurements might be possible but it would consume quite a lot of time and cost. If there is any chance that we extend the range further in the future, we will share it out.

Thank you very much for your sharing. Your retailers must be so kind to accept the good return. :D

Hi @Dobrescu George , thank you for your effort and time to write the long and detailed review for us. Awesome as always!

Thank you @mochill . I hope that you are going to like both of them.
I will everything from final as none have disappointed me so far , can wait to receive the f4100 and heaven v aging

May 2, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #9,484 of 11,629
I don't think it's using liquid crystal polymer diaphragm like ex1k
From my experience with ZX700 and Z1000, the LCP isn't the big differentiation on sound, it's more on pads on that one. thus in the much smaller EX's driver I tend to not think it's that different either, heck even on graph its low to up is quite similar. sure there's difference, but kinda minor compared to the difference in price.

May 3, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #9,487 of 11,629
@mochill, how many final IEMs do you now have, I’m envious! :relaxed:

May 3, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #9,489 of 11,629
All the e series , f3100 , f4100(coming ) , heaven v aging , b1 , a8k , piano forte ii ( coming)

12 by my count. I am envious!

May 4, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #9,490 of 11,629
Hello everyone,
Currently I'm planning to buy a new pair of IEM & Final Audio A8000 is one of the serious contender among my wish list, so I'd like anyone of you to share your thoughts and/or recommendation for me to make my decision more easily.
Gears that I'm using and owned:
Sony ZX2 player (daily use)
ATH ESW11Ltd / CK100PRO (daily use)
Chord HUGO 1 (occasionally use)
ATH W3000ANV (occasionally use)
iBasso DX100 player (still own but long time no use)
ATH CKR100 (owned & have sold) / CK100 (owned but dead now) / Sennheiser Momentum (owned but dead now)
Music I listen:
J-Pop + Anime (30%): Ayumi Hamasaki, Nishino Kana, YUI, Nana Mizuki, LiSA, Luna Haruna, Yukari Tamura, Eir Aoi, Kalafina...
Heavy Metal / Hard Rock / EDM / Pop (30%) : BABYMETAL, Wagakki Band, BandMaid, QUEEN, Eagles, U2, Adele, Depeche Mode, YAZOO, MJ, Madonna...+ LIVE Concerts
Classical (20%): Concertos, Symphonies, Choral / Arias
Audiophiles (10%): Jazz + Easy listening + OST
Others (10%): K-Pop / Mandarin Pop / Cantonese Pop...

From above, you could see I've never used or listened Final Audio products & I've not upgrade my gears for quite a while.
Few days ago, I went out to audition some IEMs (using ZX2+ESW11Ltd, all direct drive 3.5mm no AMP used) : CF Solaris (Original & Special version), Sony Z1R, AK t9ie, Fender Ten5, Acoustune 1695TI.
I said to the shop sales that my intention of music taste towards the future maybe put more emphasis on heavy metal + hard rock genre. So I'm looking for an all rounder with bit more emphasis on female vocals, fast speed, good positioning & separation, reasonable good soundstage.
Suprisingly, the Acoustune 1695TI gives me the most natural & comfortable listening experience, Solaris (both version) vocal is too forward and even a bit aggressive that I feel like it mixes up with the music around, AKt9ie is too small to fit in & with Fender Ten5 both give me a bit unnatural sound between the frequency transition. Sony Z1R sounds nice but is just too hungry for power.
Since I've been already spent 3 hours listening all these & before I left, the guy just asked me have you ever heard Final Audio products (That's MOST IMPORTANT why I come up here now), I said nope since from my inception the Final Audio products house sound may not be my cup of tea (though from the past I may have once or twice to want a try, but anyway maybe now is the time). The guy told me Final has a new flagship A8000. But on that day time is no long allowed me to try A8000. So I've spent quite some time last couple of days to read posts & reviews, texts/videos...& my interest of A8000 is getting higher & higher....
I definitely will go out to audition the A8000 in coming weeks, but before that I have a few questions:
1. Is my audition impression for the above gears correct or not, since I doubt my ZX2's circuits & technology just too old to let these new products to shine to its own. Any thoughts? Any real experience??
2. Single-ended 3,5mm vs 4,4mm balanced - It's very obvious I think
3. Upgrade my player also??? - I now very hesitate to buy the Sony WM1A since I'm looking forward to Sony upcoming new flagship player. I've been waiting & waiting for so long....BTW, anyone know any insider news & speculations about this topic?
4. A8000 / AK SP2000Cu or SP2000SS to suit more with the music I listen?? good synergy?? good power?? Any real experience??Any thoughts??
5. A8000 / Fiio M15 combination?? good synergy (mentioned by the sales guys)?? good power?? Any real experience??Any thoughts??
4. Is Sony ZX2's power enough to direct drive the A8000? any real experience?? (My interim solution would be (if i decide to get A8000) still using ZX2 to drive A8000 for mobile use + connected through Chord Hugo 1 for home use, next step get a new player) Any recommendations??
5. I notice 1 or 2 members in this thread own ATH W3000ANV, how the A8000 compares with ATH W3000ANV?? any experience??

I think I should stop here, it's too long for your reading already sorry guys.
Looking forward for anyone's thoughts/recommendations.
Thanks.
p.s. Stay Safe Stay Healthy

May 4, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #9,491 of 11,629
If I didn't misunderstood csglinux review. The Final A8000 should be pretty consistent to its sound coming bitperfect from different sources.

May 4, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #9,492 of 11,629
I listening A8000 with ZX2 is very good combination, because Sony add body and saturation to lower mids. I love ZX2 for female vocals, especially in j-pop, anison, for me this the best DAP for vocals. For me A8000 not good on natural DAP like DTR1, because no saturation, kick and punch on lower mids.

A more information about A8000 and ZX2 on my review (Polish language) https://kropka.audio/test/sluchawki/final-audio-a8000-recenzja/.

May 6, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #9,494 of 11,629
Oh wow, looking forward to the next couple of days! Quite the dust magnet, though.

_KE60005-Bearbeitet.jpg

_KE60003 1-Bearbeitet.jpg

Congrats on your A8000 purchase! They are really revelatory and a great way to rediscover your music collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back