Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 26, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #9,451 of 11,629
If you do not need a lot of bass, the F7200 will serve you really well. They are incredibly detailed for a single BA earphone and with a deep-fit you'll get fantastic imaging and instrument separation. Even the lower-end F3100 has quite good instrument separation for the price. The vocal performance is phenomenal as well (basically the F-series on a whole has a specialty in vocal rendition).
I haven’t got the chance to test the F line, but reviews suggest that they are too analytical, which might be boring to me. I used to have the RHA MA750 before, it turned out too dry and flat for my taste. I prefer just enough bass and it should not bleed into low-mid rather than no bass at all

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #9,452 of 11,629
I haven’t got the chance to test the F line, but reviews suggest that they are too analytical, which might be boring to me. I used to have the RHA MA750 before, it turned out too dry and flat for my taste. I prefer just enough bass and it should not bleed into low-mid rather than no bass at all

I guess then you can look into either the F3100 or the B2. Both of them will have great vocals, just enough bass (need a deep fit with the F3100 to get that) and smooth treble that's not fatiguing.

Apr 27, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #9,453 of 11,629
1587778936949.png
1587778948030.png
1587778954168.png
1587778972249.png
1587778964264.png

Erm..... any hype? :D
Any Evangelion fan here?

Details coming soon......
So Mark 01, Mak 02 and Mark 06 eh? I actually am more interested with the FA2020 IEM that has the battery plug charger the Eva has as the 3.5 jack strain relief ha! that's unique looking indeed.
I am seeing a lot of very interesting true wireless iems on the S’next store. They bear the mention “Tuned by Final” and retail under the ag brand name - is that Final’s own TWS department? Does anyone have experience with them?

There is a new one, the 04K, that seems mighty interesting.
it seems TWS is like the SUV of IEM manufacturers now, everyone seems to be making them. Noble now Final
Oh yeah!

I need one with either of Mari Makanami’s color schemes. Also, what, no Rei Ayanami color schemes!? Blasphemy!
Yea it's weird I think it's because black is more sex neutral color but then again, White and orange so is too also, Mark 06 is destroyed on movie 2-3 so next movie won't have em, it's kinda strange to have Mark6 color now, having Mark 00 Ayanami's Eva color would suit both original series and Re Movie fans better.

Apr 27, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #9,454 of 11,629
So Mark 01, Mak 02 and Mark 06 eh? I actually am more interested with the FA2020 IEM that has the battery plug charger the Eva has as the 3.5 jack strain relief ha! that's unique looking indeed.

it seems TWS is like the SUV of IEM manufacturers now, everyone seems to be making them. Noble now Final

Yea it's weird I think it's because black is more sex neutral color but then again, White and orange so is too also, Mark 06 is destroyed on movie 2-3 so next movie won't have em, it's kinda strange to have Mark6 color now, having Mark 00 Ayanami's Eva color would suit both original series and Re Movie fans better.

I wasn’t attentive there and attributed the blue/yellow unit to Kaworu. My bad. Thanks

I would much prefer the Mark 00 colors. So much history and symbolism with the Mark 00! The Mark 05/08 units and Kaworu (Mark 13) also have their fans. I see the business side of demand vs. production costs, where Final had to keep it to three variations. Of the units shown, 02 is a buy for me. If there was the Mark 00 color scheme then that would be a definite purchase. Mark 05/08 are insta-buys for me, if Final makes them. Also, these need to be released worldwide. Maybe through an agreement with Amazon or (Mass)drop?

Apr 27, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #9,455 of 11,629
You're not wrong, As Kaworu did pilot the Mark 06 briefly at the end of Re Movie 2 it's the one that impaled Shinji in his rampaging Mark 01 before the third Impact fully manifested. After that it doesn't play much role as its change to an autonomous unit, so yeah, I don't think picking that one is a good choice, Mark 00's color scheme would be much smarter option.

Apr 27, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #9,456 of 11,629
It seems like there are some speculation regarding the EVA2020 project, please allow me to clarify it here.
Unfortunately, there are some limitation bounded by the agreement we have with Evangelion and Nippon TV, not all information could be disclosed yet.

Thank you for your understanding.

not really :joy: but get a dragon ball version and money will roll in for you :smile:.
Hopefully we have the chance in the future! :D

Will these be sold outside of Japan (e.g. USA)?
Eventually yes. But not now. There are actually many issues to be overcome this time.
1. TWS product, due to Bluetooth signal related, different country has different requirements and different certifications to be applied. They do not cost only a lot of money, but also a lot of time for product testing by the authority. This is a new zone for us.
2. This project is a project that we do together with Evangelion and Nippon TV. Evangelion as the rightfully owner of the trademark, Final does not have full control of this project.

When there are new information, they will be updated here. And we will also post a thread under the sponsor announcement soon.

I already inquired, unfortunately, not :frowning2:
Thank you for sharing. We just got new updates yesterday. :)

What about importing with Amazon.jp?
They are not available on Amazon.jp. The product is not even out yet. Currently, both Evangelion and Nippon TV are only accepting pre-orders. The actual sales in Japan are expected to be in June 2020.

Some sites do mention overseas sales (https://unwire.hk/2020/04/25/eva-final/mobile-music/headphones/). I wonder what those regions are.
Those sites are actually not authorized dealers. They are people who are trying to buy the product locally in Japan as a customer and resell it with higher price to the other country.
We do not encourage purchase from them because product purchased from them is actually very hard to claim for after-sales service.

Product purchased from Evangelion and Nippon TV, the after service will be handled by Evangelion and Nippon TV themselves. We could not guarantee that they will offer oversea after-sales services.

I am seeing a lot of very interesting true wireless iems on the S’next store. They bear the mention “Tuned by Final” and retail under the ag brand name - is that Final’s own TWS department? Does anyone have experience with them?

There is a new one, the 04K, that seems mighty interesting.
The true wireless you mentioned is called AG. A new brand created by SNEXT.
I think this might be slightly confusing.

SNEXT is the main company name and SNEXT create our own brand, Final focusing on researching and making earphones and headphones ourselves.
AG is another brand that we work with a TWS manufacturer, and Final provide our tuning knowledge and technology to them and help them sell those TWS in Japan. SNEXT is also the authorized distributor of DITA, MEZE and QUESTYLE in Japan.

AG is currently limited in Japan only too.

I have tried a number of tips with the E-series IEMs, and finally reached the conclusion that the following three offered the best tonality and performance overall, albeit depending on the genre. They each add their own "flavor" to the default signature, and depending on music you can mix and match. They are, from left to right: Final E-type (stock), Final E-type Clear (red-stem version), Spinfit CP-500.

E-type stock: This provides the best seal and isolation and the color-coded stems are a boon. Due to the high level of seal (and noise isolation as a byproduct) this tip also provides the deepest bass and is absolutely perfect for EDM/Rap/Hip-hop or other bass heavy genres (e.g. 80's synthwave). They are also perfect for on-the-go/commute usage as the engine noise/crowd hum usually attenuates the bass frequencies, so these tips actually make the IEMs sound more balanced while being used in a noisy environment.

E-type clear: The clear type provides a moderate seal, and isolation isn't as good. This results in slightly lowered mid-bass impact and the overall bass is balanced and evened out with the lower-mid frequencies. The treble energy also comes through more easily and so you get this subtle yet noticeable boost in clarity. Ideal for Rock/Metal/Acoustic/Singer-songwriter genres.

Spinfit CP-500: Spinfit/Dunu (Dunu now owns Spinfit) especially made these tips for Final IEMs and they do fit really well. These have the lowest degree of seal and thus isolation is the poorest among the three. Bass frequencies take a hit as unlike the E-type clear that only tones down mid-bass, sub-bass impact is also hit with the CP-500. As a result, the IEMs often lack the dynamics required for many genres and can sound... boring. Ironically, they sound with live/concert hall tracks or recordings as the overall ambience is really well portrayed. Many live recordings also have boosted bass frequencies, which is further toned down here so you can focus on the other instruments.

I hope this gives a good idea as to what you can expect from the aftermarket tips while using E-series IEMs.
Wow, thank you for your detailed sharing! Could not say much regarding Spinfit, but Type E stock and clear indeed bring the difference as described.

Haha, the world is improving and therefore wireless is also a big interest for us. Even though you can expect wired is having better sound quality than wireless, but this gap has been obviously narrowed down during the past 2 years with the improvement of Bluetooth technology and chipset.

Final will continue working with wired products, but at the same time, we also need to keep up with the pace of the new world. We did not step into TWS before this because of the limitation of Bluetooth technology was limiting the sound quality to a level that we could not accept. However, recently, those new technology has convinced us of the bright future of Bluetooth, and therefore we start to get interested in this zone.

EVA2020 x Final is only our first wave of TWS, we are working on the others. However, unlike most of the other brands, Active Noise Cancelling and Water Resistance might not be our first priority because our research and experience proof the sound quality degradation caused by these 2 features. Final, what we care about the most is always sound quality. That is it.

Regarding the color choice, as explained above, Final does not have full control of this project. :) Thank you for your understanding.

I wasn’t attentive there and attributed the blue/yellow unit to Kaworu. My bad. Thanks

I would much prefer the Mark 00 colors. So much history and symbolism with the Mark 00! The Mark 05/08 units and Kaworu (Mark 13) also have their fans. I see the business side of demand vs. production costs, where Final had to keep it to three variations. Of the units shown, 02 is a buy for me. If there was the Mark 00 color scheme then that would be a definite purchase. Mark 05/08 are insta-buys for me, if Final makes them. Also, these need to be released worldwide. Maybe through an agreement with Amazon or (Mass)drop?
Thank you very much for sharing us your idea. As explained above, this is not a project fully controlled by Final ourselves. But we will try our best to bring them world wide. We will share the information as soon as possible when we have everything confirmed.

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #9,457 of 11,629
@Final Audio, thank you for your explanations. It really gives Final a friendly presence here.

A question to the community: which Final earphone, under $200 hopefully, would be best for singer/ songwriter tunes using primarily piano, like this:

I have an E3000 and a few E2000s. They do quite a compenent job. But, upgrade fever... I read that the B2 may be what I am looking for, but I have a hard time spending that much on an item I cannot try before I buy.

Apr 28, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #9,458 of 11,629
Hi all,

Just wanted to post here in case anyone was interested, but I am currently selling my pair of the A8000's for $1600 obo. Everything that other members have said here is true, the A8000 sound spectacular, balanced and spot-on in every way. Sadly, I am selling them after about 250 hours of use (200 hour burn in, 50 hours actually listening) so I can fund my PC build. If it wasn't for this I would never sell these. Detailed pictures and more information are provided in the post linked below. PM me for details if interested!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-final-audio-a8000.930980/

Apr 28, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #9,459 of 11,629
Hi all,

Just wanted to post here in case anyone was interested, but I am currently selling my pair of the A8000's for $1600 obo. Everything that other members have said here is true, the A8000 sound spectacular, balanced and spot-on in every way. Sadly, I am selling them after about 250 hours of use (200 hour burn in, 50 hours actually listening) so I can fund my PC build. If it wasn't for this I would never sell these. Detailed pictures and more information are provided in the post linked below. PM me for details if interested!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-final-audio-a8000.930980/
:-O Don't do it , you don't need the PC but you need the A8K :-D

Apr 29, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #9,461 of 11,629
@Final Audio, thank you for your explanations. It really gives Final a friendly presence here.

A question to the community: which Final earphone, under $200 hopefully, would be best for singer/ songwriter tunes using primarily piano, like this:

I have an E3000 and a few E2000s. They do quite a compenent job. But, upgrade fever... I read that the B2 may be what I am looking for, but I have a hard time spending that much on an item I cannot try before I buy.

I'll throw a curveball here, try Radius TWF41?
I like my Adagio V and Heaven II for those type, and also uses IM02 and IM04 which are AT thus are quite competent at it but the radius I find to be the clearest and cleanest of them all, it and a modded EX800ST has been my go to for those genre.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #9,463 of 11,629
hey @Final Audio what are the difference between these 2

1588247193396.png

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #9,465 of 11,629
These are just different colored stems of the clear tip, no sonic difference. You do have to buy them separately unlike the Black tips which come color coded by default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back