Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 10, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #9,361 of 11,642
I love the final e5000 and am considering the a8000. Is this a good upgrade or are they very different? I'm also considering dunu luna, fibae 7 and solaris

Apr 11, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #9,363 of 11,642
IMG_20181010_181346.jpg
Lawton pads will tame the highs a bit while keeping the SS very similar. Pads are pricy but it is the best quality. Period. For me, the Shure pads open the soundstage and make the fit a dream! I am not listening to classical (check my profile page maybe). There might be other pads compatible, but I have the luck to know a Final insider. I can tell one thing: forget the stock pads. Give these 2 alternatives a chance and decide by yourself. Shure or Lawton. The way to go.

Oh, and remove the mesh of the BAM (treble driver), sound improves a bit, to me at least
Thanks for the hint about removing the mesh. The clarity improved not only by a bit. I previously cut a hole on the pad for the BA-s which helped a bit as well.

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #9,364 of 11,642
I love the final e5000 and am considering the a8000. Is this a good upgrade or are they very different? I'm also considering dunu luna, fibae 7 and solaris
Solaris is the worst there. You need to audition a8000 and Luna. Luna is more colored and forgives the quality of recordings.

Apr 11, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #9,367 of 11,642
The FAD is the only pure berrylium driver iem , Luna is suspended with polyurethane
Really????!!!! Any proofs? I’m asking because Dunu announced that Luna is first true beryllium iem.

Apr 11, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #9,368 of 11,642
Really????!!!! Any proofs? I’m asking because Dunu announced that Luna is first true beryllium iem.
Yup even periodic audio claims to be pure berrylium , the periodic audio is suspended with peek , Luna with polyurethane
Screenshot_2020-04-10-21-23-36.png
Screenshot_2020-04-11-19-53-07.png

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #9,369 of 11,642
Apr 12, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #9,371 of 11,642
The FAD is the only pure berrylium driver iem , Luna is suspended with polyurethane
I think there must be some misunderstanding over here.
When a manufacturer mention about Pure Beryllium, including DUNU, Periodic Audio or Final, it is referring to the center of the diaphragm (the part which is right on top of the voice coil and also the major part which work in sound producing). The center of the diaphragm is then needed to be supported by a surround that is softer and with high elasticity.

Imagine, if the whole diaphragm is made with Beryllium which is so hard and solid, how can it vibrate right? The application of the Beryllium is because of its hardness and lightness.

Hardness = No deformation of the center at any frequency = Less distortion
Lightness = Less inertia and therefore fast response towards frequency signal = High accuracy and definition

If even the surround is made with Beryllium, it is causing the center become unable to move and therefore no sound can be produced.
That is why a flexible surround is very important. Surround not only could support the Beryllium at the center and make sure that it is always staying at the center without dislocation during sound production, it also needs to be flexible and light. If the surround is not flexible enough, it will become an opposite force which prevents the Beryllium at the center from moving as it should.

Therefore the design of the surround is also very important too. What kind of material, how big the area should be. If the material and thickness of the surround stays the same, the bigger the area is, the better the flexibility it provides and therefore more freedom to the center Beryllium. However, when the surround is set to be too big, the great flexibility also will lead to the risk that the Beryllium center might off-center (dislocated) and which is what we need to prevent.

Therefore the size ratio of Beryllium area and surround has to be well controlled. The ratio used for the A8000 was decided after countless simulation and actual sample testing and measurements.

Hope this helps.

@Final Audio
Should i get Final Audio earphones based from Final audio recommended ?
I believe that if you share with everyone over here on what kind of music your normally listen to, and also the source (smartphone, PC, music player, etc), the kind community definitely would help you with their experience and suggestion. :)

By the way, the Direct Shop of Final is only opened to Japanese users.

Apr 12, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #9,372 of 11,642
I think there must be some misunderstanding over here.
When a manufacturer mention about Pure Beryllium, including DUNU, Periodic Audio or Final, it is referring to the center of the diaphragm (the part which is right on top of the voice coil and also the major part which work in sound producing). The center of the diaphragm is then needed to be supported by a surround that is softer and with high elasticity.

Imagine, if the whole diaphragm is made with Beryllium which is so hard and solid, how can it vibrate right? The application of the Beryllium is because of its hardness and lightness.

Hardness = No deformation of the center at any frequency = Less distortion
Lightness = Less inertia and therefore fast response towards frequency signal = High accuracy and definition

If even the surround is made with Beryllium, it is causing the center become unable to move and therefore no sound can be produced.
That is why a flexible surround is very important. Surround not only could support the Beryllium at the center and make sure that it is always staying at the center without dislocation during sound production, it also needs to be flexible and light. If the surround is not flexible enough, it will become an opposite force which prevents the Beryllium at the center from moving as it should.

Therefore the design of the surround is also very important too. What kind of material, how big the area should be. If the material and thickness of the surround stays the same, the bigger the area is, the better the flexibility it provides and therefore more freedom to the center Beryllium. However, when the surround is set to be too big, the great flexibility also will lead to the risk that the Beryllium center might off-center (dislocated) and which is what we need to prevent.

Therefore the size ratio of Beryllium area and surround has to be well controlled. The ratio used for the A8000 was decided after countless simulation and actual sample testing and measurements.

Hope this helps.

I believe that if you share with everyone over here on what kind of music your normally listen to, and also the source (smartphone, PC, music player, etc), the kind community definitely would help you with their experience and suggestion. :)

By the way, the Direct Shop of Final is only opened to Japanese users.
Thank you for the information , it was my mistake for misunderstanding the definition of pure berrylium driver :,-)

Apr 13, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #9,373 of 11,642
@Final Audio, just want to wish you guys the best with the outbreak of the coronavirus in Tokyo.

Apr 13, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #9,374 of 11,642
Thank you for the information , it was my mistake for misunderstanding the definition of pure berrylium driver :,-)
No problem! It is actually our fault for not stating it clear enough in the first place. /Peace

@Final Audio, just want to wish you guys the best with the outbreak of the coronavirus in Tokyo.
Thank you. Everyone here is safe enough. Actually, the lockdown in Japan is somehow different with the lockdown of the other countries.
Due to the limitation of law, basically the government cannot force the citizen to stay at home but only through "request".
So basically it is still very common to see people walking on the street, but at least, everyone is having a mask on and all stores are providing alcohol to clean the hands.

Thank you very much for your kind concern.

Apr 14, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #9,375 of 11,642
Dear Final fans,
After all the necessary fine tunings I am now in love with my Sonorous VI. My source is an SP1000CC with balanced cable from Forza and modded C type pads. The sound is full, rich, vivid, energetic. Great bass and mids with sparkling highs. Very good stage as well I am so in love that it turned my head completely to Final. Meaning that I started to search for an IEM in the line up of Final cause my beloved JH Angie started to sound kind of boring compare to the Sonorous.
What do you think guys which IEM from final has the most similar character to Sonorous VI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back