Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 8, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #9,346 of 11,642
@kmmbd Just tried the Tin Hifi P1 and no hiss or noise at all, so yeah might be the impedance/sensitivity rather than the tubes itself.

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #9,347 of 11,642
20200408_150548.jpg
20200408_150558.jpg
20200408_150605.jpg
20200408_150738.jpg

FAD B1 and A8K

Apr 8, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #9,349 of 11,642
hi guys, im new here :D
aleady got my E5000 for about 3 months.
fitting on this iem is super amazing, wear it over ear and its like this iems just dissapear on my ear. super comfort.
i love how it sounds too, the vocal are engaging, but i found that the treble are a lil bit muted and the upper bass was a lil bit bigger. it can be good or be bad for some people i think.
separation between instrument/vocal is very good too. overal, this iem has very relaxing tuning, far from aggressive.

it best with song style like billie eilish, bruno mars, adele, john mayer and etc,
but its not perform it best on rock/metal song, the drum kick and the cymbal are lack off aggresiveness.
now im a fan of final product , beside the iems are good, i just love japanese brand lol.

now im looking for a refference headphone (openback) for studio use. now im using ATH R70X, love how it sounds (balanced, no frequency boosted i think) ,and its made in japan too lol. but i just dont like the build quality.
are there any final openback headphone (balanced/refference) that have that kind of tuning that in the same price range or max $100 more (maybe $500 max)? no problem if it used or brand new.
mind to get beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO , but the price is till crazy high in my country.

sorry my bad english lol

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #9,350 of 11,642
@Final Audio any plans will be realised low-entry series A? I very curious about this model, because A8000 are to expensive for me, but for me the best earphone.
Eventually, yes, we will. But cannot actually promise much on when. Our headquarter has just been shut down for 1 month following the declaration of emergency state in certain areas in Japan. Even though we can still working at home, but our engineer can have very little progress when the labs are not accessible. /sad

But please note that A8000 could perform so well not only because we have spent many years in designing the drivers and internal structure, but the material used is also a big factor. Due to those materials especially beryllium are not common, they are quite expensive even as raw material, and processing them with the current latest technology also costs a lot.

Therefore to realize the same concept into a cheaper model, it is possible but we are forced to use other materials. However, there is no material that are cheap in cost but still possessing the same lightness and hardness that beryllium has. Luckily, by applying the latest technology, it is possible to enhance common material and that is what we are working with now. It is our dream to bring out products under the A series in the price range of the E series.

But as mentioned before, due to material property limitation, there will be a gap from A8000, but it is our challenge in minimizing the gap. :) Good and rare material is there for a reason.

Decided to go for a closed-back pair of headphones after using open-backs for years. Thus, the Final Sonorous III.
Being a fan of Final's IEMs, was really curious to see how their full-size headphones would perform. Will post impressions after a few days of proper use.

IMG_6856.JPG
IMG_6862.JPG
Thank you for your support! :)

It's likely impedance mismatch issue since those other IEMs have high sensitivity and low impedance so the FR graph likely shifts abruptly and the drivers themselves distort. It may also lead to phase issues on multi-driver hybrids. E5000 seems to be the perfect candidate for trying out some tube rolling. Will get into it hopefully once the current situation blows over.
Interesting, can I assume this as one of the merits of the low sensitivity of the E5000? /laugh

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #9,351 of 11,642
Eventually, yes, we will. But cannot actually promise much on when. Our headquarter has just been shut down for 1 month following the declaration of emergency state in certain areas in Japan. Even though we can still working at home, but our engineer can have very little progress when the labs are not accessible. /sad

But please note that A8000 could perform so well not only because we have spent many years in designing the drivers and internal structure, but the material used is also a big factor. Due to those materials especially beryllium are not common, they are quite expensive even as raw material, and processing them with the current latest technology also costs a lot.

Therefore to realize the same concept into a cheaper model, it is possible but we are forced to use other materials. However, there is no material that are cheap in cost but still possessing the same lightness and hardness that beryllium has. Luckily, by applying the latest technology, it is possible to enhance common material and that is what we are working with now. It is our dream to bring out products under the A series in the price range of the E series.

But as mentioned before, due to material property limitation, there will be a gap from A8000, but it is our challenge in minimizing the gap. :) Good and rare material is there for a reason.

Interesting, can I assume this as one of the merits of the low sensitivity of the E5000? /laugh

Very thanks for answer. I understand working at home, because all worlds fight with COVID-19, most people working in home, some things are not available.
Take care.

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #9,352 of 11,642
I don't own and have never heard any Final Audio products other than the ear tips, but I think it's awesome that you all are so active within the community, constantly answering and replying to current/prospective customers.

Apr 9, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #9,353 of 11,642
hi guys, im new here :D
aleady got my E5000 for about 3 months.
fitting on this iem is super amazing, wear it over ear and its like this iems just dissapear on my ear. super comfort.
i love how it sounds too, the vocal are engaging, but i found that the treble are a lil bit muted and the upper bass was a lil bit bigger. it can be good or be bad for some people i think.
separation between instrument/vocal is very good too. overal, this iem has very relaxing tuning, far from aggressive.

it best with song style like billie eilish, bruno mars, adele, john mayer and etc,
but its not perform it best on rock/metal song, the drum kick and the cymbal are lack off aggresiveness.
now im a fan of final product , beside the iems are good, i just love japanese brand lol.

now im looking for a refference headphone (openback) for studio use. now im using ATH R70X, love how it sounds (balanced, no frequency boosted i think) ,and its made in japan too lol. but i just dont like the build quality.
are there any final openback headphone (balanced/refference) that have that kind of tuning that in the same price range or max $100 more (maybe $500 max)? no problem if it used or brand new.
mind to get beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO , but the price is till crazy high in my country.

sorry my bad english lol

It’s quite a bit cheaper, but how about the Beyer DT 880-600? Only the 600 Ohm model, though. The others don’t have that last little bit of midrange resolution.

Apr 9, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #9,354 of 11,642
Apr 9, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #9,355 of 11,642

Now I want to see what final audio design can do with diamond diaphragm:-D

Apr 9, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #9,356 of 11,642
Apr 9, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #9,357 of 11,642
I know beryllium is very expensive but DLC or carbon nanotubes seem like fairly common driver materials at this point. At least the world of Chi-fi. Has FAD ever even mentioned what the E-series driver is made out of? I want to say some sort of carbon-based material but I have no idea.

Would love to see what they’re doing with other materials since beryllium is a price-out feature for a lot of us. Still not sure how budget IEMs like the Urbanfun ever managed to make that cost-effective.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #9,359 of 11,642
I understand. I hope that somewhere in your product line-up there is room for an upgrade or revision to the E5000 sound. I am treble sensitive and can only get a decent seal with wide-bore Spiral Dot tips, which have a general bass reduction impact compared to most silicone tips.

So, to me, the E5000 sounds less bassy than it probably does for others, and it means that the A8000 probably has more treble to me than for others. This makes it incredibly difficult to find IEMs that suit my taste. Perhaps my experience is very atypical. I hope it's not THAT much because it would mean a lesser chance of seeing an upgrade path that fits.

Though I suppose some of this could be fixed with a matching Final XXL tip? :pray::smile:
OOT, but the Sony N3 with Spiral Dots is a fantastic match. You get the bass just right, mids are clear and present and the treble is smooth yet much more detailed than with Sony's stock tips.

Apr 9, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #9,360 of 11,642
Decided to go for a closed-back pair of headphones after using open-backs for years. Thus, the Final Sonorous III.
Being a fan of Final's IEMs, was really curious to see how their full-size headphones would perform. Will post impressions after a few days of proper use.

I have fond memories of my Sonorous III and from my Sonorous X. The III is quite a departure from their current "transparent" sound tuning, with a soft and relaxed reproduction. The X is a very transparent and amazing sounding pair of headphones, just overpriced tbh, because of the materials used in the making I think. If they share the same driver (a 50mm DD), they are not sharing the same sound signature at all. Still, the III is a very good headphone for late-night listening sessions, a bit soft in the bass, but with a very nice midrange and smooth yet detailed highs. Nice purchase!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back