Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #7,051 of 11,640
Mar 14, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #7,052 of 11,640
Hi everyone, a few questions regarding heaven III's. Is it possible to get a set of Heaven III's to Australia? Are they even available anymore? Is it worth the extra money and effort over a pair of Heaven II's?

The Heaven IIIs are Massdrop exclusives. Check to see if they ship down under. I can't compare them to Heaven IIs as I don't have them. I can say that the Heaven IIIs are my favorite sub$100 IEM.

Mar 14, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #7,055 of 11,640
I'm awaiting my iii's to arrive. Would you know how they compare to the Iv's?

The IIIs have the IV's BA in the II's body.

Please see this review by hi-fi'er of the Heaven III: http://www.head-fi.org/t/674105/review-final-audio-design-heaven-vi/225#post_13206348

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #7,060 of 11,640
hello what is the best final audio product when it comes to soundstage? IEM or earbud

Don't just blindly go for soundstage, more importantly is what kind of music you like or normally listening to.
The PF series might have huge soundstage but not suitable for certain type of music.

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #7,061 of 11,640
hi jalo, the lab 2 has a protective mesh at the opening (in contrast to the pictures from the catalog), so you dont need mutch work to clean them, a cloth is enough. when the mesh is to dirty to clean with a cotton swab you have spare parts in the package for a exchange, woulden't use any air pressure. 

at this moment i use the utopia 1/3 of the time and 1/3 the lab 2, 1/4 the sr-009 and then the rest (closed iem mostly for travelling or noisy places (plane), dont like the pressure on the inner ear to much). the blue hawai is best after 20 minutes so i need to power it up befor listening. my diy dynalo (same as the headamp gs-x mkii but with the newest design evolution from kevin gilmore) is fine after 5 minutes, the diy ksa5 need a bit more time. the ak380cu sound fine from the start, so easy to grab and listen, dito the continental dual mono.

i hope you will enjoy the lab 2, more people should have the pleasure to hear them once.

Thank you so much Rumina for your review a few posts above.
This is a revelation to me!

Loving the Utopia (and TOTL Piano Forte, Sonorous, etc),
I am thinking about buying the Lab 2
but I am concerned about the issue of skin residue accumulating in the outer metallic mesh.

Could you please tell more about the protective mesh you mentioned?
Is it a plastic sheet, is it a hull covering the whole body of the IEM?
I cannot see it on the pictures.

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #7,062 of 11,640

but I am concerned about the issue of skin residue accumulating in the outer metallic mesh.

First of all, FAD is sold out of Lab 2. It is a limited edition, so you will have to find one in the second hand market. Second, it is titanium not plastic on the outside. It is described in detail on Final website with video. I don't notice any skin accumulated in the outer mesh and it is sealed inside the part that is in contact with ears.

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #7,063 of 11,640

hi biden

the mesh is only at the opening at the front, you see it in this picture:

the earphone is made of two shells, only the top part (with the connector) is complete open, the one laying in your ears has only a second layer that is open, the inner "horn" is closed, so no problems here with skin residue. maybee you see it on this drawing better:

the gree parts are solide, only the top in this picture is complete open. if you like the utopia and piano forte x you need to hear the lab2, add the magic mids from the piano forte x to the utopia sound, add some wider soundstage, substract the deep bass and a tad of resolution (both sound and soundstage) and you have the lab 2 - try it if you can.

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #7,064 of 11,640
The IIIs have the IV's BA in the II's body.

Please see this review by hi-fi'er of the Heaven III: http://www.head-fi.org/t/674105/review-final-audio-design-heaven-vi/225#post_13206348

So they're not rebranded IVs. That is incredibly misleading. Putting one BA in a shell made of a different material isn't "rebranding".

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #7,065 of 11,640
Obviously not re-branding since both are FAD. I think we know they really meant:) It is a IV in a II body? Any pics or evidence on what the difference is?  A quick look show both look the same body wise and are stainless steel housings. What is the difference in the body?

I see the heaven II has "final" into the relief and the body is blank. The IV has the final on the body and the relief is blank. The III has final on the body and blank relief and looks like a black IV to me. Think it is a IV tuned a bit different perhaps? Sounds like it is warmer than the IV and more in line with the rest of the heavens. Great deal though and I'll be grabbing a pair as I like good mids and my current best are probably my Elecom followed by B200 as far as sweet mids:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back