Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #6,827 of 11,640
Agreed, personally I think the fibass is miles ahead of the Lab 1

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #6,829 of 11,640
I think it seems like I'm flat out hating on the Lab 1 but truly I'm not, but it is a highly unremarkable headphone, personally I think if you're a final fan the Lab 1 is even more dissapointing as imo it's missing most of what makes final so special. It was wildly overhyped and over priced.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #6,830 of 11,640
Seem like I am one of the only people that like Lab 1 then - I have pretty much most of the other FAD flagships and still highly rate the Lab 1 - decent seal is essential to get the deep dark velvet bass. I really rate them - but looks like a lot of other don't.

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #6,832 of 11,640
Just dark

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #6,833 of 11,640
The Lab 1 does have truly beautiful bass with the right source and recording, honestly fantastic but imo that all it has going for it, but that's to my ears, maybe I'm wrong but I can only express what I hear.

Feb 8, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #6,835 of 11,640
Yes I owned all 3. My preferred one was the III. IV & VI share same technology (hybrid) and they share same signature : large soundstage with good bass, recessed but clear mids and hot trebles. III which a dynamic driver is much smoother than IV & VI, I found the sound more balanced, more intimate with good mids.
Pick your poison

Feb 8, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #6,836 of 11,640
So to ask the IV and VI only differ in the Design ? Becuase one got more the plastic construction while the other one is having the aluminium body.
So if you want to have more the boost sound you go for the VI and IV ? 
I only got partly your description, are the III very like Monitoring Headphones as an Example the MX 50 from Audio Technica ? 
Because I got this kind of Headphones allready.
I am more searching for the most impressive Soundstage that you can imagine not a clear Studio Headphone to monitor.

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #6,838 of 11,640
  Seem like I am one of the only people that like Lab 1 then - I have pretty much most of the other FAD flagships and still highly rate the Lab 1 - decent seal is essential to get the deep dark velvet bass. I really rate them - but looks like a lot of other don't.

Just dark

I really like the LAB1 and I'd probably prefer to describe them as "smooth" instead of "dark". However, how good they sound depend a lot on the tips used and the fit so I can understand that some people may experience them as "dark" sounding.

I haven't tried all the Finals but I definitely enjoyed the LAB1 more than the Heaven VII & VIII and after getting the LAB1, I sold my SE846, IE800 and JH19 Pros so the LAB1 are definitely one of the IEMs I've liked the most (to the point where I almost, just almost, would like to buy them again...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back