Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 2, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #6,811 of 11,629
Any difference or preference between the pfx gold and chrome copper?

No difference in the sound. Although there is a point of view that the chrome (X-CC) bit better.

in Russian store absolutely wonderful remnant sale Piano Forte's for half price (69 990 rubles=1 160 USD). 

http://www.re-store.ru/catalog/PIANOFORTEX/

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #6,813 of 11,629
I owned the Lab1 and to my taste it was the most overrated iem I heard.

You're the only person other than me that I've heard say that.

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #6,815 of 11,629
On top of what others have said, I would add Lab2 to the top of everyone's list... its something you have to try to believe...
it has no isolation at all, and things sounds more distant than what I am used to from an IEM,
but its weirdly euphoric and "heavenly" (don't know how to describe it).
Definitely something that FAD must be applauded for, since its the only IEM that has achieved such a sound IMO.

My grail, I'm so jealous

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #6,816 of 11,629
Feb 3, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #6,819 of 11,629
I always used Comply with my fi-ba-ss

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #6,820 of 11,629
I'm considering getting a PF IX, big difference from the X? I've only ever had the PF VIII and never really knew the sonic differences.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #6,821 of 11,629
I'm considering getting a PF IX, big difference from the X? I've only ever had the PF VIII and never really knew the sonic differences.

PF VIII - 50% of PF X, PF IX - 70% of the PF X :) the main difference is noticeable in the MIDs. Tangible difference in low and high frequencies, I have not noticed.

All the Piano Forte series needs a very long burning for a full disclosure of their capabilities. About 200-300 Hours (Ideally you should to reach 500 hours) !!!
Before long burning PF X, I could not even understand the difference between them and PF IX. After thorough burning PF X have become inaccessible to anyone (at the MIDs, on the Bass is debatable).

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #6,822 of 11,629
So the IX is the sweet spot perhaps for value performance ratio. For me the X is just too much of a leap from the IX for a very niche earphone that's only suitable sometimes. Problem is I still want the X!!!!

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #6,823 of 11,629
Question, I am keen to get my hands on the piano forte x. I currently have the heaven IV, vi, vii, and viii, with the iii currently being delivered. Should I complete the set and wait for a year to get it or should I sell all of them and buy it sooner ( like in a month's time, as I've already made some big purchases this month). I also have the fi-ba-ss which I intend to keep. Thoughts?
I'm also waiting for the hiii to be delivered. I'm very curious on how close to the iv it actually is. I've read that it's the same iem. Not to sure about that but for the price of the iii that would be really nice:blush:

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #6,824 of 11,629

A small overview of the Russian-speaking LAB 1 owner. My translation into English (original here: https://doctorhead.ru/product/final_audio_design_lab_1/?comments=yes )

Strange, but I never thought that such small earphones are so interesting and efficiently serve the music. To be honest while listening, I felt a physical pleasure to the body. I do not know how to explain it. Music played so interesting and exciting that some energy charge passed through the body in the most climactic moments, and sometimes I felt a formication and the hair rises on my hands. In other headphones I such do not felt, and I heard not a little: AK Layla and Angie, and Westone W60, and Sony all sorts, all of them interesting, high-quality sound. But! what I heard in LAB 1, nobody could repeat. Maybe of course this is all subjective, but it seems to me that the Final Audio create something incredible with these headphones. And I really liked their placement in the ears. Because everyones Layla and other high-end headphones are very bulky and stick out from the ears that affects the sound when walking, because they strive to fall. And the LAB's size as normal headphones, put in and everything is fine, but for them, I would recommend foam tips. In general, they have produced a magical impression on me.

Accessories that I use:
Sony Walkman NW-ZX2
Astell & Kern AK240 Gunmetal
Sony PHA-3
Similar products that I've got:
Westone W40
Ortofon e-Q8
Sennheiser HD 650 Blue Stage Edition
AKG K812

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #6,825 of 11,629
And I could not disagree more! Shows how subjective this all is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back