Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 4, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #6,661 of 11,640

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #6,663 of 11,640
Haha! I can understand why the persons who had listened to this previously had been impressed. It doesn't seem to suffer from the limitations of the earlier PFs. More balanced finally. Early days yet. Now for the Sony...

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #6,664 of 11,640
Haha! I can understand why the persons who had listened to this previously had been impressed. It doesn't seem to suffer from the limitations of the earlier PFs. More balanced finally. Early days yet. Now for the Sony...

The PF series are really too unique to everyone's liking. And Lab 2 seek a balance between that while maintaining a unique and very opened presentation.

By the way you are back in Singapore now? Any idea when the new sony players will hit our shore?

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #6,665 of 11,640
I realy loves my pf x but the fq responce ist limited, with most acoustic instruments it's fine but with electronic music a lot is missing. I hope the lab 2 shares the genius mids from the pf x and extends it to the whole fq. The mids of the pf x are some of the best i heard, even the resolution competes with good electrostatic headphones.

Nov 4, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #6,666 of 11,640
  Reunited with the Heaven VI - the best of the series, IMO, after owning them(Heavens) all at one point.  Love it that it sounds spectacular out of my Sony Z3c phone, and without the need for a dac/amp.  Money well spent - again.

Nice glad its back with you - dont sell it this time !

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #6,667 of 11,640
The PF series are really too unique to everyone's liking. And Lab 2 seek a balance between that while maintaining a unique and very opened presentation.

By the way you are back in Singapore now? Any idea when the new sony players will hit our shore?

Yes, I agree. The Lab2 is like the PF experiment carried to its logical conclusion. Excellent sense of space. But with a fuller range of sonics than any of the other PFs. I also think it's much more nuanced as well. Truly excellent stuff!

Only thing that drives me nuts is I can't find how to tell the left from right. :wink:

As for Sony...

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #6,668 of 11,640
Yes, I agree. The Lab2 is like the PF experiment carried to its logical conclusion. Excellent sense of space. But with a fuller range of sonics than any of the other PFs. I also think it's much more nuanced as well. Truly excellent stuff!

Only thing that drives me nuts is I can't find how to tell the left from right. :wink:

As for Sony...

Wow. Must be a wonderful morning with these accompanying you. By the way did you get your sony from local store or overseas?

Guess the only way to tell them apart is by running the music else you could try to tape or make a marking on the cable once it is identified.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #6,669 of 11,640
Wow. Must be a wonderful morning with these accompanying you. By the way did you get your sony from local store or overseas?

Guess the only way to tell them apart is by running the music else you could try to tape or make a marking on the cable once it is identified.

Indeed it is! Now switched to the Tralucent Plus5.

One of the local chaps just messaged me to tell me how to tell the difference. Very subtle marking on the sleeping just.before the connectors.

I picked the Sony from Jaben. :)

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #6,671 of 11,640
Back on the Lab2 off the Sony WM1Z. Very nice and balanced sonics. I'm asking JabenSG to check if the Kimble Kable cable with 4.4mm connectors will work with Lab2. :)

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #6,672 of 11,640
Is there something similar and in the same price range as the Heaven IV but faster? I listen to metal and want a neutral-warm sound. I think the II is decent, IV coming soon, I'm just anxious it won't be great because apparently it's slow with electric guitars. Would the IV at its slowest still be faster than a dynamic?

Nov 20, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #6,673 of 11,640

Only thing that drives me nuts is I can't find how to tell the left from right.
wink.gif

As for Sony...

I just use a black magic marker and write "L" on one side!

Nov 20, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #6,675 of 11,640
I have all of those except px. Fibass sounds more like an open headphone very raw and bass is light due to the openness. Heaven the VIII is more brassy and fulll but less detail and open sound/less separation but still good. Lab1 has more extension than either and you can see the possibilities with it. It is less bass heavy than the Heaven as well. I use all of these in different situations. I'm sure there's more to be said but I'm trying to do it on a cell phone so that's a quick one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back