Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 16, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #6,616 of 11,640
One thing I don't fully understand on their product page is the mechanical equalizer integrated housing. There are two pictures, first this one...

... and then a second one:

Does this possibly mean they have housing variants with different sound signatures available? Or is it just to illustrate the equalizer variants they tested, before settling on the topmost one for production?

In any case, that mechanical EQ thingy is typical Final imo: most original, intriguing, weird, brilliant and crazy at the same time.
smile_phones.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #6,617 of 11,640
  One thing I don't fully understand on their product page is the mechanical equalizer integrated housing. There are two pictures, first this one...

... and then a second one:

Does this possibly mean they have housing variants with different sound signatures available? Or is it just to illustrate the equalizer variants they tested, before settling on the topmost one for production?

In any case, that mechanical EQ thingy is typical Final imo: most original, intriguing, weird, brilliant and crazy at the same time.
smile_phones.gif

Best description for Final (past, present, future).

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #6,618 of 11,640
I have enjoyed my 3 different pairs of the Heaven series for a couple of years now....BUT, i find 

the price of these Labs obscene and insulting. This is how companies like Mark Levinson

started to disconnect from their patrons and forgot about the real goal here. This pricing suggests

that less than 1% of us will ever own these.
amen brother!! +1 it is simply ridiculous

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #6,621 of 11,640
amen brother!! +1 it is simply ridiculous

I remember talking to some guys from Final at Munich High End, earlier this year.
What I noticed was how they're deliberately targeting the boutique market with their offerings. The Sonorous VII and X and the Piano Forte in particular are for those who like the bling-bling. "Something they'd gift their wifes". Similar to Ornaments.

Seems like they are continuing that trend with the LAB 2.
Not my cup of tea.

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #6,622 of 11,640
I’ve just stumbled across the Final Audio Design range (surprised I haven’t heard of them before). I was wondering whether anybody who has heard their lineup, could recommend something based on the following:

Sound
I prefer a bright and dynamic sound as opposed to smooth.  I’m definitely a bit of a treble head who also likes vocals fairly intimate.  I would prefer something with some kick to the bass as opposed to completely flat, but not so bassy that it makes the sound too warm.

Isolation
It seems from what I read the isolation varies among the Final Audio Design range depending on the design.  I’m really looking for something with very high isolation.  In fact, if it came down to choosing between isolation and sound quality, isolation would win (provided the sound signature is right).

By the way, I don’t mind if the sound is fatiguing.  These would be used for commuting and not long listening sessions.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #6,623 of 11,640
I’ve just stumbled across the Final Audio Design range (surprised I haven’t heard of them before). I was wondering whether anybody who has heard their lineup, could recommend something based on the following:

Sound
I prefer a bright and dynamic sound as opposed to smooth.  I’m definitely a bit of a treble head who also likes vocals fairly intimate.  I would prefer something with some kick to the bass as opposed to completely flat, but not so bassy that it makes the sound too warm.

Isolation
It seems from what I read the isolation varies among the Final Audio Design range depending on the design.  I’m really looking for something with very high isolation.  In fact, if it came down to choosing between isolation and sound quality, isolation would win (provided the sound signature is right).

By the way, I don’t mind if the sound is fatiguing.  These would be used for commuting and not long listening sessions.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

With the exception of the bass, the Fibass will fit the bill to the t. Try audition one.

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #6,628 of 11,640
  I'm sure it's great but I really don't want a vented IEM. I have tried them before.

There are wide differences in isolation between vented IEMs. The FIBASS with a deep seal has pretty high isolation, despite its rear vent.

Even the bass would fit your bill imo, it's fast but definitely north of neutral and has some nice kick.

Oct 21, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #6,629 of 11,640
I remember talking to some guys from Final at Munich High End, earlier this year.
What I noticed was how they're deliberately targeting the boutique market with their offerings. The Sonorous VII and X and the Piano Forte in particular are for those who like the bling-bling. "Something they'd gift their wifes". Similar to Ornaments.

Seems like they are continuing that trend with the LAB 2.
Not my cup of tea.
ya I don't get it. And to be fair this company is not the only one with crazy prices. And for bassicly for plastic. But the more we buy the more they make .can't see the prices coming down anytime soon.unfortunately I can't afford the higher priced iems anymore it's a shame really.it was only a few years ago that a flagship was around 500 .who knows where it will be in another few years.really can't imagine walking around with over 10000 in my pocket but I guess if it isn't an issue for some all power to you .maybe I'm just jealous lol .

To be clear I wasn't talking about final audio phones being plastic..other offerings:blush:

Oct 21, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #6,630 of 11,640
ya I don't get it. And to be fair this company is not the only one with crazy prices. And for bassicly for plastic. But the more we buy the more they make .can't see the prices coming down anytime soon.unfortunately I can't afford the higher priced iems anymore it's a shame really.it was only a few years ago that a flagship was around 500 .who knows where it will be in another few years.really can't imagine walking around with over 10000 in my pocket but I guess if it isn't an issue for some all power to you .maybe I'm just jealous lol .

To be clear I wasn't talking about final audio phones being plastic..other offerings:blush:

Indeed. Though, I was extremely disappointed with 90% of the line-up. Don't mind the price. They just straight up sounded bad. The only one's I enjoyed were the Sonorous IV/VI, FI-BA-SS and the Heaven IV. The Sonorous X was terrible. Plus the weight of six tons was unbearable. I remember a guy walking to the booth with his Mojo in hand. He puts in the Sonorous X, listened to it for 10 seconds, puts it down, looks at me and shakes his head, walking away, never to be seen again.

Anyway. If it sells, why not. Still unfortunate to see such a great brand go down the hill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back