Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 7, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #6,106 of 11,640
  What is the difference between the Heaven II and the Heaven IV. Is the Heaven  IV appreciably better? Love the Heaven II and I think it is a hidden gem I just wish it was a little more detailed 

The Heaven IV has better bass and detail - seems more lush and full, in my opinion.  The real step up is to the Heaven VI, but with the significant step up in price.  Day to day, I find myself grabbing my Heaven IV, first choice, Heaven II, second choice.  For those times of critical listening, the Heaven VI comes out.  If lost, the IV and VI would be replaced immediately, the II probably would not.

That all said, I too think the Heaven II provides excellent value.

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #6,107 of 11,640
  What is the difference between the Heaven II and the Heaven IV. Is the Heaven  IV appreciably better? Love the Heaven II and I think it is a hidden gem I just wish it was a little more detailed 

iirc, the iv, vi and ss share the same sonion 2354 driver while the ii has driver from another brand called molex. i picked the iv after tried both ii, iv and vi, cuz i feel the better detail and less harsh treble from the iv really worth the extra money. now i got the a used heaven vii for about 300 usd. i'm really satisfied with the vii and i guess i won't spend more money on iems unless some really interesting iems are released. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #6,108 of 11,640

II needs amp, IV sounds from any source, basically no necessary dependence in a good powerful source. 
II has deeper bass, but much less punch. Mids are a little bit opener, treble quality and quantity is -+ the same. IV offers better instrumental separation, sound images are bigger, soundstage is bigger in width and depth. Generally SQ is more warm and more colored, but in a good way. Bass is much more punchy. II is a little bit faster, so they can be better for metal music in this case, IV are not good for this genres, but actually better in all other music. Twice more expensive? Yes, this is a good price for all this benefits. You don't need to have super source, you've got super case, you've got very good SQ in general.
Top SQ? Not a t all, but middle->high level is a good mark. Not the highest, not the super top. lol:)
Peace{-_+}

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #6,109 of 11,640
I have a Heaven V and a Sonorous VI here, can't say I think they ever need an amp as they sounds quite damn good out of anything really. The weird things about these Finals are that despite their ease of driving, they require an really delicate amp that specifically designed for IEM to sound their best, most amp these day would just introduced hiss to them or have high output impedance. The E12A is a good choice, higher up there would be Cypher lab Piccollo or Pico Slim (I haven't heard them yet though, people craved for DAP these days so hard pressed to find anyone still use amp for these easy to drive headphones). That or just buy a good DAP lol (most DAP these days are designed to drive IEM after all with low output impedance and little hiss).
Tl;dr: Finals are easy to drive, but can be very picky if you want to tame them.

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #6,110 of 11,640
  I have a Heaven V and a Sonorous VI here, can't say I think they ever need an amp as they sounds quite damn good out of anything really. The weird things about these Finals are that despite their ease of driving, they require an really delicate amp that specifically designed for IEM to sound their best, most amp these day would just introduced hiss to them or have high output impedance. The E12A is a good choice, higher up there would be Cypher lab Piccollo or Pico Slim (I haven't heard them yet though, people craved for DAP these days so hard pressed to find anyone still use amp for these easy to drive headphones). That or just buy a good DAP lol (most DAP these days are designed to drive IEM after all with low output impedance and little hiss).
Tl;dr: Finals are easy to drive, but can be very picky if you want to tame them.

i have the heaven vi and fibass here. with amps, it just destroy its natural sound :frowning2:

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #6,111 of 11,640

i have the heaven vi and fibass here. with amps, it just destroy its natural sound :frowning2:

Both of you can be right, but let me add 50cents.
1) Low output impedance is a must for all portable DAPs these days.
2) No hiss is a good requirement for all stuff. 
3) Synergy. Yes, some A-DAP can be perfect, some B-Phones can be top-notch, but together - crap. So this is a good practice to match all your stuff from one element to another.
4) Drive power. Some people can live with normal devices, some can't without amping, even if the phones doesn't require amping. Placebo? Maybe too. 
Synergy rules:)  

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #6,112 of 11,640
I often use my Heaven V Aging with a iFi iDSD Nano and I IMHO the sound benefits a lot of the amplification

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #6,113 of 11,640

I agree- E12A and Heaven V is a good paring with no hiss. "Silent" DAP or amp is a must with these IEMs. High output impedance also kills them.
I also use them with Cambridge DacMagic XS which sounds very good. You can hear some hiss only without the music playing and when you turn the volume all the way up.

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #6,114 of 11,640

I agree- E12A and Heaven V is a good paring with no hiss. "Silent" DAP or amp is a must with these IEMs. High output impedance also kills them.
I also use them with Cambridge DacMagic XS which sounds very good. You can hear some hiss only without the music playing and when you turn the volume all the way up.

ok maybe for the heaven v but vi and fibass definitely not

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #6,115 of 11,640
Which heaven iem would be the next step up for me? ATM I am using the heaven 2 and I love them, the speed, nimble bass, clarity and air. So I want the same but even better.

V? IV? VI?

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #6,116 of 11,640

Good Air, better than on II, better instrumental separation and placement, better bass punch. Less clarity on the mids and less speed. So, basically not good for heavy metal speed genres, guitars has not enough speed, like on Sennheiser IE8/80 for example.
But they are not DAP-dependent, so even on SanDisk player they are sounding very good, you don't need a good player/amp to get a good SQ.
II needs amp. But even if II amped, IV sounds better. IMO.

Does anyone tried modifications of Heaven series? I've read somewhere in this tread, that 4-6 are based on the same driver, so, anybody tried to play with a silver cable and/or filter modification? Generally drivers are very good in this phones.

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #6,117 of 11,640
  Good Air, better than on II, better instrumental separation and placement, better bass punch. Less clarity on the mids and less speed. So, basically not good for heavy metal speed genres, guitars has not enough speed, like on Sennheiser IE8/80 for example.
But they are not DAP-dependent, so even on SanDisk player they are sounding very good, you don't need a good player/amp to get a good SQ.
II needs amp. But even if II amped, IV sounds better. IMO.

Does anyone tried modifications of Heaven series? I've read somewhere in this tread, that 4-6 are based on the same driver, so, anybody tried to play with a silver cable and/or filter modification? Generally drivers are very good in this phones.

lol no VI better

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #6,119 of 11,640

i compared only II and IV) No words about V and VI from me)

being a final audio user who has went through all their iems in the heaven series before here is the conclusion
VI>IV>II (Considered as a lineup itself in which VI is the most refined version)

V Aging (Unique in a sense but can't match the VI for intimate vocals)
VII (Very very sweet, probably mini LAB 1 (for those who are unaware, LAB 1 is a limited edition dual ba iem by FAD) )
VIII (I would find this average, nothing unique)
Fi-ba-ss (Being the flagship, there is obviously a need to be unique. With the raw sound of the Fibass, listener will be deeply immersed with the vocal reproduction like the VI but different approach. Fibass is more analytical)
LAB1 (The most sweet sounding vocal iem but tad too sweet for me, lack of forwardness)

Which one?
For me, I like vocals so I got the VI and FIBASS.
For those who prefer smth down the spectrum, VII or LAB1
For warm sounding, V

Cheers,
audio123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back