Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 28, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #6,092 of 11,629
My experience with Comply tips is that they do veil the sound quite a bit. Does it happen when you put them on Heavens? (Currently I have no Complys around to try...)

With any IEM you create a small echo room in your ear. Foam tips always dampen the sound.

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #6,093 of 11,629
My experience with Comply tips is that they do veil the sound quite a bit. Does it happen when you put them on Heavens? (Currently I have no Complys around to try...)

It may slightly, but it is worth it because with the normal tips they droop out of my ear. The Sony hybrids change the sound too dramatically so I don't use them. I started with a pair of fibass and they were a little too shrill with the stock tips so I went through several. They Complys do tone those down a bit which is good and the comfort is perfect while staying true to the sound. Now I use than on the Heaven VIII and the Lab1. What ever slight veil is worth it to me, they still have the final sound, and they feel secure and comfortable.

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #6,095 of 11,629
Has anybody owned / auditioned both the V and the VI? I'm thinking of upgrading to the VI (from fx850) but I'm wondering if the jump would worth it or not. I like the sound of euphonic female vocals in the upper midrange and nothing else (in the context of the Heaven IEM). Thank you in advance.

Edit: from reading this thread, FI-BA-SS sounds like the perfect IEM for me so, what do you guys consider a budget-friendly FI-BA-SS? Should I sidegrade to Heaven V or upgrade to heaven VI?

Cheers

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #6,096 of 11,629
Owned the V and VI.   The V can sound a little rough where as the VI sounds smoother, vocals slightly more lush, and with a more holographic imaging.  If you sell off the V, the VI is a worthy upgrade, IMO.

I have the FI-BA-SS and I think it's hard to find a budget version/alternative.

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #6,097 of 11,629
I have both, and find the VI's to be more euphonic as well as having an additional level of refinement over the V's.
In my mind, the VI's are worth it, as I'd rate the VI's just short of the fibass and lab I's although there are times when I wonder because they can sound so downright beautiful. 

As usual, ymmv but I feel comfortable in saying that if you enjoy the V's you will also enjoy the VI's, yet they are different enough that they will both get plenty of ear time. 

KP

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #6,098 of 11,629
I prefer the Heaven V Aging over the V and VI. Especially voices sound beter IMHO

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #6,099 of 11,629
Has anybody owned / auditioned both the V and the VI? I'm thinking of upgrading to the VI (from fx850) but I'm wondering if the jump would worth it or not. I like the sound of euphonic female vocals in the upper midrange and nothing else (in the context of the Heaven IEM). Thank you in advance.

Edit: from reading this thread, FI-BA-SS sounds like the perfect IEM for me so, what do you guys consider a budget-friendly FI-BA-SS? Should I sidegrade to Heaven V or upgrade to heaven VI?

Cheers

If "budget" means between 300 and 500 euro, then the grado gr10e. Has a bit less treble.

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #6,100 of 11,629
I also have both. The VI is fuller sounder with deeper and larger bass. The vocals are "different" with the V being more neutral sounding and the VI lusher and a little more

"in your face". the VI has more ambience or "echo" and a little more in the high end ie. cymbals are more evident! Nothing at all in a bad way just different and more lush 

overall...

If I had only bought one, I would spend the extra to have the VI...It plays well with all types of music including female vocals!

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #6,101 of 11,629
If "budget" means between 300 and 500 euro, then the grado gr10e. Has a bit less treble.

Owned the V and VI.   The V can sound a little rough where as the VI sounds smoother, vocals slightly more lush, and with a more holographic imaging.  If you sell off the V, the VI is a worthy upgrade, IMO.

I have the FI-BA-SS and I think it's hard to find a budget version/alternative.

true.
the fibass is definitely one of a kind sig.

Cheers

if you can get a fibass, get it.
the vi is good.
the vii is better.
however, if you are coming from fx850, i think its also one of the best iem around right now. and the finals sounds very different.

fibass and fx850 are top tier levels.
the 7 and 6 are a little on the mid level.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #6,103 of 11,629
off topic:

i put my fibass, my pfx for sale @1100 usd as packaged price.
with free senn momentum on ear and akg y50 for free to sweetenthe deal.
pm me guys for those who are interested.
thank you.

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #6,105 of 11,629
What is the difference between the Heaven II and the Heaven IV. Is the Heaven  IV appreciably better? Love the Heaven II and I think it is a hidden gem I just wish it was a little more detailed 
I too am very interested in this comparison. I also have the Heaven II and absolutely love them. I think your right they are definitely a little gem specially for the price.i also have the adagio v which is a dynamic driver and really like them to. I actually like them more then my ie80's. I find they have better treble and better controlled bass and mids are OK not to forward and not to laid back either and fairly good amount of detail and separation. Sound even better when amped. And for almost 1third the price of the ie80's with great altogether package its really a no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back