Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 27, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #6,080 of 11,640
Hello,

just wanted to share that FAD Heaven V finally arrived!!! It sure does sound like a piece of Heaven in your ears!!! So for some time my search is over...

Will post some pictures and impressions later.

Season's greetings to all!

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #6,081 of 11,640
That's fantastic. Am also a Heaven V owner. Try to upgrade the stock tips to JVC Spirals!
Only downside for me is the microphonic cable, otherwise it's a grade IEM, pairing fantastically
with DAPs with aound signatures on the brighter side. I am using it with a Sony A17!

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #6,083 of 11,640
  That's fantastic. Am also a Heaven V owner. Try to upgrade the stock tips to JVC Spirals!
Only downside for me is the microphonic cable, otherwise it's a grade IEM, pairing fantastically
with DAPs with aound signatures on the brighter side. I am using it with a Sony A17!

How did the sound change using JVC tips?

Yes, the cable is microphonic, but it helps to wear these IEMs around the neck "style" plus the shirt clip.

Haven't tried it with different DAPs. When I was looking for the IEMs, one of my goals was to find some with good enough detail but without overall brightness. Heaven V delivers in that regard :))

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #6,084 of 11,640
I was trying for short listening Heaven IV with Colorfly C4, SanDisk Jam and SGS3. So i was totally blown that there were no difference! Yes, very-very small, but let's skip it (volume level for example, and more/less warmth). 
Nice phones, but mot for hardcore and speed metal. 

Mar 27, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #6,085 of 11,640

How did the sound change using JVC tips?

Yes, the cable is microphonic, but it helps to wear these IEMs around the neck "style" plus the shirt clip.

Haven't tried it with different DAPs. When I was looking for the IEMs, one of my goals was to find some with good enough detail but without overall brightness. Heaven V delivers in that regard :))

I'm interested in BartSimpson's response on the JVC Spirals.  My humble experience with the Final Heaven series and the Spiral Dots is that the bass gets flabby and the highs sibilant.  I find the stock bubble tips and Spinfits both very good, and the Spinfits especially comfortable.

Mar 27, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #6,086 of 11,640
I think I mentioned it before already. I used SpiNFits and was extremely happy with them on my previous
IEMs. However, they did not work for me on the Heaven. They did not want to stay in my ear. With the SpiralDots
I achieved a much better fit and seal and I found the sound to be more crisp.
Soundwise the wide bore stock tips are also great for me but I could not wear them for more than one hour. 

Mar 27, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #6,087 of 11,640
  I think I mentioned it before already. I used SpiNFits and was extremely happy with them on my previous
IEMs. However, they did not work for me on the Heaven. They did not want to stay in my ear. With the SpiralDots
I achieved a much better fit and seal and I found the sound to be more crisp.
Soundwise the wide bore stock tips are also great for me but I could not wear them for more than one hour. 

Cool.  Sounds like you had the direct opposite problem that I have.  Love the Heavens for sure.

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #6,088 of 11,640
  Cool.  Sounds like you had the direct opposite problem that I have.  Love the Heavens for sure.

Another example that everything people are telling here is always based on personal preferences/experiences/opinions.
Everybody has different ears, different hearing and different preferences. 

Enjoy the Heavens! I tried the Heaven VII recently at CanJam and found they simoply great. Was tempted to upgrade my
V, but I will jump on the CIEM train with my next purchase I believe....

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #6,089 of 11,640
Stock tips for my Heaven VII are not bad, but I wanted to try some other tips. So I bought SpinFit, Sony Hybrid and Comply.

SpinFit doesn't work for me. Sony Hybrid is good, but Comply is the most comfortable so I think I'll stick with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back