Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 12, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #6,063 of 11,629
Mar 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #6,065 of 11,629
  thank you for the quick reply, ill see if i can root for more info. detachable cables already sounds good!

Removable cables are great, usually. I contacted A&K about getting a replacement and got no response. The connectors are not available anywhere (or so several custon cable makers have told me). So the bottom line seems to be that there are no options for replacing the cable, so it might as well be a fixed cable.

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #6,066 of 11,629
Hi guys,

After trying to find a worthy upgrade from my Grado GR10(e), i stumbled upon the Sennheiser IE-800.
I then found a place where i could listen to them (Ears Unlimited, Delft, Netherlands) and found them to be absolutely not what i wanted.
The owner then suggested a number of IEMs that i might like, and, after i rejected them all (including a few FADs), i finally listened to the FI-BA-SS.
and i was sold.

I asked if it was possible to have them with a TRRS termination, for balanced input, and so he asked this question to Final.

An answer never came from Final, and thus i decided to have them without the TRRS, but with the more common TRS.

The owner of Ears Unlimited then ordered them for me, and today i picked them up. while too early for a proper impression, it is never too early for a few nice photographs.

First though, i want to say in writing just how nice the whole package is; it feels very heavy, and later i realised why.

the packaging is a black shiny faux crocodile leather box, with a nice handmade paper wrap around it, and a silver string.

after taking off the string, paper, and lid of the box, you find another piece of handmade paper hiding the earphones behind them.
unfolding them reveals a round brass case with a stylised "final" etched into it. (the box itself weighs quite a lot)

after taking off this lid you find the FI-BA-SS in all their glory.

this was a great unpacking experience to start with.

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #6,067 of 11,629
  Hi guys,

After trying to find a worthy upgrade from my Grado GR10(e), i stumbled upon the Sennheiser IE-800.
I then found a place where i could listen to them (Ears Unlimited, Delft, Netherlands) and found them to be absolutely not what i wanted.
The owner then suggested a number of IEMs that i might like, and, after i rejected them all (including a few FADs), i finally listened to the FI-BA-SS.
and i was sold.

I asked if it was possible to have them with a TRRS termination, for balanced input, and so he asked this question to Final.

An answer never came from Final, and thus i decided to have them without the TRRS, but with the more common TRS.

The owner of Ears Unlimited then ordered them for me, and today i picked them up. while too early for a proper impression, it is never too early for a few nice photographs.

First though, i want to say in writing just how nice the whole package is; it feels very heavy, and later i realised why.

the packaging is a black shiny faux crocodile leather box, with a nice handmade paper wrap around it, and a silver string.

after taking off the string, paper, and lid of the box, you find another piece of handmade paper hiding the earphones behind them.
unfolding them reveals a round brass case with a stylised "final" etched into it. (the box itself weighs quite a lot)

after taking off this lid you find the FI-BA-SS in all their glory.

this was a great unpacking experience to start with.

they have changed the casing haha
mine is                                            
carrycase.jpg

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #6,068 of 11,629

they have changed the casing haha
mine is                                            
carrycase.jpg

hmm yeah, i believe mine is a NOS, and i'm quite happy about that. this really shows it's a flagship earphone. i think these earphones don't sell very often due to their price :wink:

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #6,069 of 11,629

hmm yeah, i believe mine is a NOS, and i'm quite happy about that. this really shows it's a flagship earphone. i think these earphones don't sell very often due to their price :wink:

its honestly one of the best iem in the market. Love it with female vocals but my heaven vi proves serious competition to the fibass. I always interchanged the both of them

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #6,070 of 11,629

its honestly one of the best iem in the market. Love it with female vocals but my heaven vi proves serious competition to the fibass. I always interchanged the both of them

i'm still amazed how close its sound signature compares to my GR10e, whilst using a completely different driver.

at this moment my fibass is only a few hours in use, and it's definitely not yet at its best though.

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #6,071 of 11,629

i'm still amazed how close its sound signature compares to my GR10e, whilst using a completely different driver.

at this moment my fibass is only a few hours in use, and it's definitely not yet at its best though.

ortofon eq8 is nice too

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #6,072 of 11,629

Users who are viewing this thread

Back