Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 26, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #5,867 of 11,640
I've got an adagio 3. Love it been using gor the past 4 years, from then on been a fan boy of FAD. Looking for heaven viii as the next upgrade maybe planning for next year. Now back to my adagio theres no sound on the right side, im guessing the wiring has come off. Any way of repairing it? Im kind sad to bin it it still gives amazing sound n I thought of relegating to my gym headphones.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #5,868 of 11,640
Just wondering if anybody started a LAB 1 Appreciation Thread, since the number is fairly small (150), could be the quietest Thread ever!!

A Magician made this Lab1 and the superlatives are fairly justified.
Takai San would be so proud of this Masterpiece!

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #5,869 of 11,640
  It's essentially a single driver unit IEM since the dual drivers are wired in parallel to cover the entire range. No crossover as one might expect when something is called a dual BA IEM.

I'd call these twin drivers.

I've got an adagio 3. Love it been using gor the past 4 years, from then on been a fan boy of FAD. Looking for heaven viii as the next upgrade maybe planning for next year. Now back to my adagio theres no sound on the right side, im guessing the wiring has come off. Any way of repairing it? Im kind sad to bin it it still gives amazing sound n I thought of relegating to my gym headphones.

If it's just a fault at the plug, re-terminating would be an obvious solution.

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #5,871 of 11,640
First pay check - pandora hope vi ordered
biggrin.gif

Geez...Hope it's not your rent money!!!!!

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #5,876 of 11,640
I picked the Heaven 8 instead of the Heaven 7 just because they sounded more similar to the Lab I to my ears.
Not too concerned with the "bling factor" of the gold H8's since they seldom leave the house...

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #5,879 of 11,640
After a long detour on the (quite remarkable) R2PRO, I am back listening to the Lab 1. In relative terms, the Lab 1 pushes me away from the hard driving rock and roll that the R2PRO does so well towards music with greater subtleties. Listening to Suzanne Vega's 99.9 F and the Lab 1 reoccupies its unique ambient space. Such a fine IEM. Carry on...

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #5,880 of 11,640
I'm giving a Heaven VII to a friend as a birthday present. I also have a set myself. Being somewhat of a basshead (for example, I like to listen to 'We No Speak Americano' with my Adagio III), I find the bass of the Heaven VII underwhelming. I use mine mostly for vocal music like those by Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

My concern is, how will the Heaven VII be perceived by my friend. Not knowing if she is a basshead herself, I wonder if she would think the Heaven VII is defective or a POS if she's used to bass heavy IEMs. Maybe I should explain to her that the Heaven VII's strengths are treble and mids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back