Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 26, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #5,311 of 11,642

Yeah, I like everything about the H8s except for that bass. To me, it's got plenty of weight but lacks definition and is a bit bloated. One reason might be that my current Sennies and older GR-01s had fast, tight bass and I'm not used to the H8's slow, heavy approach. However, after playing with my EQ I've managed to tame it a bit and am really enjoying the phones. I'm not sure they're worth the equivalent of USD $500, but there's definitely a lot to like about them.

I can understand why you might think the H7s were harsh. Compared with the H8s, the highs are more aggressive on the H7s.

I can't say they lack definition. They definitely ain't one-note bass, that's very apparent to my ears. Slower? Yeah, something like that. To me, the thicker bass serves as emotional EQ rather than to convey the faster tempo of certain genres. Slow, impactful bass sounds superb with vocal-centric songs. I really root for the smooth bass of H-8.

H7 reminds me a lot of my Heaven C and from distant memory, the FIBASS, when quite a lot of FAD have that kind of treble texture. Nevertheless, a rather amazing pair of brothers!

FAD redefines music in their own way, they always do

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #5,312 of 11,642

I can't say they lack definition. They definitely ain't one-note bass, that's very apparent to my ears. Slower? Yeah, something like that. To me, the thicker bass serves as emotional EQ rather than to convey the faster tempo of certain genres. Slow, impactful bass sounds superb with vocal-centric songs. I really root for the smooth bass of H-8.

H7 reminds me a lot of my Heaven C and from distant memory, the FIBASS, when quite a lot of FAD have that kind of treble texture. Nevertheless, a rather amazing pair of brothers!

FAD redefines music in their own way, they always do

Well, we both live in Malaysia (I'm based in Ipoh) so if I decide to sell them I know who to contact!

S

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #5,313 of 11,642

Well, we both live in Malaysia (I'm based in Ipoh) so if I decide to sell them I know who to contact!

S

lmao. didn't notice your location. miss the chicken rice lol.

Anyway, USD500 for H-8? I'll get it in a heartbeat!

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #5,315 of 11,642
Just out of curiosity, where are you? KL?

I'm in kuching. Will be at KL next week.

Btw, I just tried H-8 on LP. A random.bossa nova vinyl. Please DO NOT TRY THIS AT SHOP! Will have sleepless night later... Omg the tone is so beautiful.

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #5,317 of 11,642
Ah... I don't actually have the parterre and I let go of my TG334 to a good friend some time back. What I'll say is the Heaven 6 is good but it will not be as rich as the 334, which has a very alluring slow decay.
smily_headphones1.gif

I see. I really want to get the Heaven VI but the Fitears are really alluring as well apart from price...

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #5,318 of 11,642
I tested the heaven 8s the other week and really liked the sound but hated the design, color and weight. The lower down heaven models seem to be more suited to my preferences. Out of the heaven V and VI which is more like the heaven 8s signature?

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #5,319 of 11,642
  I tested the heaven 8s the other week and really liked the sound but hated the design, color and weight. The lower down heaven models seem to be more suited to my preferences. Out of the heaven V and VI which is more like the heaven 8s signature?

I listened to both the V and VI and felt that the VII and VIII were a significant step up in sound quality.

I don't remember much about the sound signatures of the V and VI, but one of them (the VI ??) was noticeably more aggressive in the highs than than the buttery-smooth VIIIs.

S

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #5,320 of 11,642

Slow, impactful bass sounds superb with vocal-centric songs. I really root for the smooth bass of H-8.

I have to agree with out about the Heaven VIII's bass being suited to vocal-centric songs.

I'm listening to Norah Jones at the moment and I've never heard her sound better. That deep, slow bass, that piano, that voice ...

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #5,321 of 11,642
  I am looking for an upgrade of my Klipsch R6 which I use on my Sony NWZ-A17. I recently listened to the Heaven IV and V
and I really liked both, the Heaven V a bit more. . Think it is a nice match. (I preferred it over the IE 800)
But I also really liked the ATH-CKR9 and was hoping anybody has an idea about the Heaven V against the Aurisonics ASG-1Plus which
recently caught my attention? 

The Aurisonics is much flatter and less bass than the Heavens.   The ears of Kanemori Takai were much more musical, sophisticated and artistic than Dale Lott's big band idea of music.   For me no comparison.

In fact, I just got the Pandora Hope VI and it makes my jaw drop(and my neck sore, LOL:  its heavy)  The Hope VI sounds like the Heaven V with a much bigger, wider sound and bigger more impactful bass!   Yet soooo musical!   After putting on aftermarket pads(Shure 840) my only complaint is the wt.  My solution for the wt and feeling some strain on my arthritic neck is to either lie in bed or sit in my recliner with a small pillow under my head and then I'm once again in my FAD Nirvana!!!

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #5,322 of 11,642

To my ears? NONE. Both V and VI don't have that impactful bass as VIII. But if for vocals. VI is much more sweeter than V, which in a way resembles VIII.

I have to agree with out about the Heaven VIII's bass being suited to vocal-centric songs.

I'm listening to Norah Jones at the moment and I've never heard her sound better. That deep, slow bass, that piano, that voice ...

Piano attack is very very impactful! And once it returns back to the vocals, you don't feel anything lack at all! Main difference between VII/VIII and the II/IV/V/V-aging/VI is that VII/VIII are much more "stable" sounding. As if it has much depth and can scale better.

The Aurisonics is much flatter and less bass than the Heavens.   The ears of Kanemori Takai were much more musical, sophisticated and artistic than Dale Lott's big band idea of music.   For me no comparison.

In fact, I just got the Pandora Hope VI and it makes my jaw drop(and my neck sore, LOL:  its heavy)  The Hope VI sounds like the Heaven V with a much bigger, wider sound and bigger more impactful bass!   Yet soooo musical!   After putting on aftermarket pads(Shure 840) my only complaint is the wt.  My solution for the wt and feeling some strain on my arthritic neck is to either lie in bed or sit in my recliner with a small pillow under my head and then I'm once again in my FAD Nirvana!!!

Wait till you get the PH-VI balanced... Hehehe...
*teaser ends*

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #5,324 of 11,642

I take it then as if the A17 would be a nice match with the Heaven V?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back