Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 30, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #8,716 of 11,640
Interesting, I have had Kanas in my radar for a while, and now Kxxs has also picked my interest.
wonder if there exists an IEM with similar resolution and as refined as E5000 with minimum sound leakage at a reasonable price (reasonable meaning below 400$ for me).
My head is spinning with so many new IEM models popping up every week. Makes it so difficult for me choosing sight "unheard"

Yeah, the Kxxs seems to get closer to the E5000 technically. If you can do with less mid-bass and a brighter mid-to-treble transition, you have some options. The Kxxs, Oxygen, and No.3 Ti all seem to compare favorably even if they're not quite as warm as the E5000. For me, I wanted the same warmth, so I picked up the one with the most bass. And even though I still prefer the E5000, the Kanas gets close enough for when want to dig my music and I'm not at home.

ETA: Apparently the Kxxs has more bass than the Kanas Pro, which, okay, makes it the Moondrop IEM to get if you like the E5000 and need something quieter and more efficient. All things being equal, I still prefer the E5000's smooth, detailed, rich sound to just about any IEM I've ever heard. [/off-topic]

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #8,717 of 11,640
I wish I were articulate about correct audio descriptions, but I am just a regular person who appreciates good quality products and sound. Simply put, these sound muffled, have no clarity in any area (base, mid, highs), have no depth, no expanse. They just sound busy and convoluted. I would say dirty.!

It is important that you go through all the tips to find the best ones that fit you but if you already have then you might just like over emphasised peaks in the frequency, the goal of these earphones was to make everything balanced but to you that could mean dull and boring. I dont hear muffled sound but they dont have amazing separation either but still better than cheaper earphones. Their strength is a smooth balanced response with decent tonality. New sound takes time to adjust to how long have you been using them for?

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #8,718 of 11,640
It is important that you go through all the tips to find the best ones that fit you but if you already have then you might just like over emphasised peaks in the frequency, the goal of these earphones was to make everything balanced but to you that could mean dull and boring. I dont hear muffled sound but they dont have amazing separation either but still better than cheaper earphones. Their strength is a smooth balanced response with decent tonality. New sound takes time to adjust to how long have you been using them for?

To be fair, not long. Three or so days. Maybe 6 or 8 hours total. They actually are peaky - more accurately, harsh. Yes. Tried all tips. Seal is fine with either the medium or large for my ears. I think I just expected them to be as good as all the reviews said they are, but they are far from it. To me, their sound quality is so poor that it doesn’t even justify putting any thought into their specific sound characteristics. Even compared with $60 Flare Pro 2’s, the difference is night and day. These sound like disposable earphones. I was also very disappointed that these were not manufactured in Japan. Made in Japan vs. in made in China are a universe apart.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #8,719 of 11,640
To be fair, not long. Three or so days. Maybe 6 or 8 hours total. They actually are peaky - more accurately, harsh. Yes. Tried all tips. Seal is fine with either the medium or large for my ears. I think I just expected them to be as good as all the reviews said they are, but they are far from it. To me, their sound quality is so poor that it doesn’t even justify putting any thought into their specific sound characteristics. Even compared with $60 Flare Pro 2’s, the difference is night and day. These sound like disposable earphones. I was also very disappointed that these were not manufactured in Japan. Made in Japan vs. in made in China are a universe apart.

"Made in Japan vs. in made in China are a universe apart" not true at all. People have a misconception that anything made in China is inferior. This is not true, there are factories that produce extremly high quality items in China, as there are in other countries. The Final IEM's are all designed in house then outsourced to a factory they have chosen to produce their products to Finals standard. The B series are incredibly well finished, and they are still made in China, as were the Heaven series.

I hate this xenophobic way of thinking that the Chinese cannot produce quality products.

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #8,720 of 11,640
"Made in Japan vs. in made in China are a universe apart" not true at all. People have a misconception that anything made in China is inferior. This is not true, there are factories that produce extremly high quality items in China, as there are in other countries. The Final IEM's are all designed in house then outsourced to a factory they have chosen to produce their products to Finals standard. The B series are incredibly well finished, and they are still made in China, as were the Heaven series.

I hate this xenophobic way of thinking that the Chinese cannot produce quality products.
Yeah, I agree. Plenty of high quality stuff coming from China these days and not just built in China, but developed there as well. "Chi-Fi" is quickly losing its negative connotation and there are several big companies that work very hard to create high quality and highly regarded products. Plus, I don't think that Final would outsource anything to anyone if they were not 100% convinced it would meet their standards.

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #8,721 of 11,640
I think personally it's more the tuning of the chifi products that seem to be the issue for the majority. The aisan's seem to prefer a bit of a treble peak compared to the rest of us, or at least that is what the general common "fault" is with these iems. Rarely seen any comment on build quality, and those there are seem to get sorted very quickly.

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #8,722 of 11,640

I recall reading about Japanese made product being viewed as highly inferior in the 1950s/60s ... now they are viewed as a world class manufacturer. The same happened to China and South Korea when they first started exporting product in volume since low price was the mechanism used to gain acceptance in other markets. Now both China and South Korea make some very high quality product. It’s just part of the evolution of developing countries moving onto the world stage.

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #8,723 of 11,640

You took the words out of my mouth, thanks! I was too lazy to start a debate. :)
Today 99.9 % of EVERYTHING is Made in China and I'm talking about the big companies along with the same standards and quality control, and STILL people are under the influence of this "ghost" stereotype : "If is Made in China is bad quality." No, not at all.

Anyways, I'm waiting for my E3000 to arrive...
I asked in other threads for a front-vented IEM with a warm signature with full bodied vocals and non-fatiguing high-mids and highs, to replace my Shure SE215 which is too isolating / claustrophobic / ear-canal pressure - generating for me.
Other IEMs were suggested but not the E3000. Well, I hope I won't be disappointed :)

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #8,724 of 11,640
I just received word from the US distributor that my B Series review samples are shipping today which means I’ll receive them next Monday. I’ll need to burn them in for 100 hours before I begin my evaluation process and then write my reviews, but I should have my reviews posted in the showcase by the middle of the month.

Very excited to hear the newest designs by final ... :ksc75smile:

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #8,725 of 11,640
I just received word from the US distributor that my B Series review samples are shipping today which means I’ll receive them next Monday. I’ll need to burn them in for 100 hours before I begin my evaluation process and then write my reviews, but I should have my reviews posted in the showcase by the middle of the month.

Very excited to hear the newest designs by final ... :ksc75smile:

So u're getting B1, B2, B3?
I have listened to B1 and B3 three times, their characters are quite extinct. In the listening session both weren't run in, so I would like to hear ur views with more run in time.

I bought B3 and is running in with my new A2P TU05 now. IMO B1 sounds more all rounded and right in terms of imaging and spacing, while I like B3 emphasize more on vocals/high for my songs. I have some other earphones sound similar to B1, so I would like to have B3 to play my vocal centric collections.

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #8,726 of 11,640
So u're getting B1, B2, B3?
I have listened to B1 and B3 three times, their characters are quite extinct. In the listening session both weren't run in, so I would like to hear ur views with more run in time.

I bought B3 and is running in with my new A2P TU05 now. IMO B1 sounds more all rounded and right in terms of imaging and spacing, while I like B3 emphasize more on vocals/high for my songs. I have some other earphones sound similar to B1, so I would like to have B3 to play my vocal centric collections.

Yes, I will be getting all three next week. I read someone else comment they liked the B3 as well. We’ll see ...

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #8,727 of 11,640
Yes, I will be getting all three next week. I read someone else comment they liked the B3 as well. We’ll see ...

Yes, I've seen some prefer B3 over B1 not because of the cheaper price in twitter and some prefer B1 over B3. It's quite hard for me to choose one from these 2, if it's the only IEM I could have.

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #8,728 of 11,640

2 of my colleagues prefer the B3, I personally prefer the B1. I find the B1 to be a little snappier and neutral with a little emphasis on the low end, the B3 are a little smoother but have incredible soundstaging.

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #8,729 of 11,640
Glad to see quite a number of people prefer B3 over B1, I would say my opinion may not be correct as in my listening session both of them nearly did not run in at all. Would like to experience their full potential later on.

Hope the next final iem - A8000 would come out soon...

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #8,730 of 11,640
Glad to see quite a number of people prefer B3 over B1, I would say my opinion may not be correct as in my listening session both of them nearly did not run in at all. Would like to experience their full potential later on.

Hope the next final iem - A8000 would come out soon...

I didn’t know there was going to be an A Series ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back