Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 2, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #7,876 of 11,642
Is there an single driver dynamic IEM which sounds similar to the final e5000 but with higher resolution?

I love the overall smoothness musicality, and sweetness of the e5000, but as someone who listens to iems at a relatively low volume, I find the resolution and details slightly lacking.

Sony MDR-EX1000.

Beware, it might be information overload though.

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #7,877 of 11,642
My review on final Audio E4000 is live now!

Quite the lively IEM, with a large soundstage, good instrument separation, a really lively sound, a smooth and enjoyable treble, and an outstanding build quality. Those ones are going to be a true love for many, especially those looking for this kind of thicc, lush and organic sound on a budget!

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/09/final-audio-e4000-review-musically-magic.html

Final-Audio-E4000-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-75.jpg

Final-Audio-E4000-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-40.jpg

Final-Audio-E4000-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-73.jpg

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #7,880 of 11,642
It has both a large soundstage and it isolates very well :)

Second question isn't quite clear of what you're asknig...

Think he wants to know which older Final models suit which genre? Ie which ones for rock, or classical etc.

Sep 9, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #7,883 of 11,642
Nano takes a look at the new Final Audio IEMs, the E4000 and E5000. We really loved the E2000 and E3000, will we like these as well? Now on Headfonia!
https://www.headfonia.com/review-final-audio-e4000-e5000/
What is the "KZ6" you are referring to when you said: "t’s not as impressive as the KZ6 but over time, I think the Final "are a better choice if you want to go for long listening session."?
Did you mean the KZ ZS6? Thats pretty high praise if so

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #7,884 of 11,642
Jut received the Final E5000s and I really love them. My only issue is a sentence in the manual about maintaining the cable. It says that the cable is sensitive to certain chemicals and especially human skin oils. These can cause the cable to become stiff. This doesn't seem at all practical to me. How do you clean or store the cable without touching it? Anyone have any insight into this concern? I'd sure appreciate getting input on it? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #7,885 of 11,642
Jut received the Final E5000s and I really love them. My only issue is a sentence in the manual about maintaining the cable. It says that the cable is sensitive to certain chemicals and especially human skin oils. These can cause the cable to become stiff. This doesn't seem at all practical to me. How do clean or store the cable without touching it? Anyone have any insight into this concern? I'd sure appreciate getting input on it? Thanks.
More or less the same for the Piano Forte IX-T; the instructions recommend wiping the cable down with a slightly damp cloth after use and avoid alcohol (-based solvents).

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #7,886 of 11,642
So, are you actually doing that after each use. Seems so inconvenient. I would have been better off not reading the instructions. I talked to a guy at Audio46 and he was not intense about it at all - as if it was no big deal. These are the absolute best sounding IEMs I've come across. To my ears they beat the FH5s. Beautiful and smooth sound. I just don't like the idea of having to baby them. The cable seems too delicate. Why should I have to worry about that?

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #7,888 of 11,642
Snagged a pre-loved pair of E5000, practically brand new. Totally enjoying them paired with my WM1A.
The way vocals are presented, nice and forward really makes this pair of IEMs great for jazz standards. I'm so reluctant to take them off and go to sleep. The bass is just right for me. I'm not a basshead and some.ppl have said they're a touch heavy, but I find they provide a great amount of body to the music. Really easy to listen to all day.

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #7,889 of 11,642
Does anyone know of a decent cable that I can purchase for these? I'm looking for something extremely light that isn't as fancy as the original cable. Honestly .. something like the Periodic Be cable would be nice..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back