Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jul 10, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #2,551 of 4,784
I have posted stuff all over the place and its a wonderful amp.
Its also a world class preamp...
Class A all the time, its on all the time here except when we leave for several days.
IMO its design is very, very special...
Its not cheap but its not going to fly off the desk in a stiff breeze either!!
LOL

Alex
I have reasons not to chase this amp: it's too big for my office, costs too much, and doesn't have a balanced output. It really isn't for me.

...which doesn't stop me from wishing I could hear it. I have a thing for really good solid state.

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #2,553 of 4,784
Hi guys. Has anyone been able to compare the Hifiman Arya Stealth with the D8000 pro?
Already got the D8K pro and it has became my fav TOTL headphone.
But a friend I know is offering an Arya stealth at a decent price.
Was wondering if they could be complementary.
Thanks!

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #2,554 of 4,784
Hi guys. Has anyone been able to compare the Hifiman Arya Stealth with the D8000 pro?
Already got the D8K pro and it has became my fav TOTL headphone.
But a friend I know is offering an Arya stealth at a decent price.
Was wondering if they could be complementary.
Thanks!
I had Arya V2 and IMHO they play in a different league. Complementary? yes! why not? but D8000 Pro is much better

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #2,555 of 4,784
I had Arya V2 and IMHO they play in a different league. Complementary? yes! why not? but D8000 Pro is much better
Gracias compañero! Already know that there's no chance it's gonna be near the same level. I was just looking for a lighter headphone for whenever Im outdoors at the patio and don't wanna expose the Finals to the hot & humid weather of the south.

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #2,556 of 4,784
Gracias compañero! Already know that there's no chance it's gonna be near the same level. I was just looking for a lighter headphone for whenever Im outdoors at the patio and don't wanna expose the Finals to the hot & humid weather of the south.
De nada amigo jaja, I used to have Arya v2 and Clear but couldn't resist to purchase the D8000 Pro from a very good seller over here. Put both for sale after 2 days haha, it is simply that good.

Let me know when you get the Stealth and how do you like both!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #2,557 of 4,784
De nada amigo jaja, I used to have Arya v2 and Clear but couldn't resist to purchase the D8000 Pro from a very good seller over here. Put both for sale after 2 days haha, it is simply that good.

Let me know when you get the Stealth and how do you like both!
Jaja, pues me da que me va a pasar lo mismo :).
Had the chance to try the Focal Clear MG and althought it was quite good, it doesn't stand a chance against the Finals.
I just can't see myself using them while I got the Finals at home. So I might just get a "cheap" guerrilla headphone instead of something like the Arya.

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #2,561 of 4,784
Thought so, thanks! That's a lovely amp and some reviewers say it also works fantastic as a preamp :)
I've read that + many raves about its sound & refinement as a headphone amp.

This amp/preamp is one of those unicorns I'll never catch. It wouldn't work here...

Jul 12, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #2,563 of 4,784
Having gone thru many amps of all types...I mean at least 30 + many are very very good, some are good and just a few were not so good.
That said the PassLabs HPA-1 is a rock solid standard, as is the iFI ICAN Pro amp. They are my two basic used most all the time amps. I do have several others
but they dont get much play anymore. A lot of amps have extra stuff that I dont need in my use case. I dont need a pre-amp as well, but I have used it for comparison with the
HPA-1. The iFI amp is a great amp, lots of extras, many of them that I dont care for or use, but have listened with them.

So many good choices out there.

So fitting ones needs is entirely up to the user and over time these needs seem to change. For me it was many to few, simple to complex and back to simple.

Same with headphones in sorts..

Great hobby!
Enjoy the music!
Alex

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #2,564 of 4,784
Having gone thru many amps of all types...I mean at least 30 + many are very very good, some are good and just a few were not so good.
That said the PassLabs HPA-1 is a rock solid standard, as is the iFI ICAN Pro amp. They are my two basic used most all the time amps. I do have several others
but they dont get much play anymore. A lot of amps have extra stuff that I dont need in my use case. I dont need a pre-amp as well, but I have used it for comparison with the
HPA-1. The iFI amp is a great amp, lots of extras, many of them that I dont care for or use, but have listened with them.

So many good choices out there.

So fitting ones needs is entirely up to the user and over time these needs seem to change. For me it was many to few, simple to complex and back to simple.

Same with headphones in sorts..

Great hobby!
Enjoy the music!
Alex

Thanks, it's very cool to read when our stuff is liked this much. We won't mind Pass as a neighbor :D

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 12, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #2,565 of 4,784
If I may ask, it doesn't fit your needs?
Unfortunately not. I have 4 issues w/it:
  1. It's too large physically to go in either of the two systems in my office: neither the headphone + speakers/sub system (in which I would use it as a preamp), or in my headphone-only side system
  2. No remote control
  3. No balanced output
  4. And the cost of it would be a stretch for me, even on a used basis
I'd still like to hear it, but it just doesn't work IMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back