Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jun 19, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #856 of 4,807
Jun 23, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #860 of 4,807
Hey guys my first impressions are out on the D8k pro and wow it’s a winner

I am also extremely happy with the D8000, which I bought recently. I do not find that they might lack a bit of visceral bass.
I listen to a lot of EDM or Dubstep, which can be very bass heavy. The idea of even more bass would probably kill my ear drums.
And I paid around $3000 for the pair after shopping around a bit. So for half of the price of the Susvara or Abyss TC, I feel I get the same TOTL sonic qualities of these two headphones, but for half of the price of these two phones.

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #861 of 4,807
Hey guys my first impressions are out on the D8k pro and wow it’s a winner

Do you believe the zmf verite closed to be a really nice complement to the Final D8000 pro?
I've really been wanting to purchase one to kinda complete my set of a closed and open back flagship duo.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #862 of 4,807
Do you believe the zmf verite closed to be a really nice complement to the Final D8000 pro?
I've really been wanting to purchase one to kinda complete my set of a closed and open back flagship duo.
Oh yeah for sure. Especially if you are not running tubes. The ZMF line give you very lush beautiful mids as their shining feature, whereas the D8k pro is the absolute detail and resolution king but may be a touch dry. The VC has mids a little more forward so the vocalist gets a little more attention where as the D8k pro just presents the mix as it is.
My other headphone I considered as a compliment headphone to the D8k pro was the Arya. It is warmer and arguably “more enjoyable” on neutral dac/amp combos. Hence why I really advocated a tube amp for the D8k pro.
one interesting thing to note is thst I felt I could hear the room echo better with the VC...
But I need more time to confirm.

Hope that helps.

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #863 of 4,807
I am also extremely happy with the D8000, which I bought recently. I do not find that they might lack a bit of visceral bass.
I listen to a lot of EDM or Dubstep, which can be very bass heavy. The idea of even more bass would probably kill my ear drums.
And I paid around $3000 for the pair after shopping around a bit. So for half of the price of the Susvara or Abyss TC, I feel I get the same TOTL sonic qualities of these two headphones, but for half of the price of these two phones.
Yeah for half the price I believe it’s better than the susvara! The Tc does beat it on dynamics and deep bass slam. However I feel the D8kpro is the best headphone on the market regardless of price. The bass jumped up a lot when I got the tubes in there and used the Bricasti dac which has a very robust power supply.
it’s nice to hear from you, what EDM tracks are you listening too atm and what gear do you pair with the D8k pro?

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #864 of 4,807
Oh yeah for sure. Especially if you are not running tubes. The ZMF line give you very lush beautiful mids as their shining feature, whereas the D8k pro is the absolute detail and resolution king but may be a touch dry. The VC has mids a little more forward so the vocalist gets a little more attention where as the D8k pro just presents the mix as it is.
My other headphone I considered as a compliment headphone to the D8k pro was the Arya. It is warmer and arguably “more enjoyable” on neutral dac/amp combos. Hence why I really advocated a tube amp for the D8k pro.
one interesting thing to note is thst I felt I could hear the room echo better with the VC...

Hope that helps.
I already own the D8k pro and I just purchased the silver cable in XLR(hasn't arrived) , I own the rme adi2 dac the newest version, the topping A90 amp. It sounds amazing no matter what but when I tweaked the dac a bit, pushed the ref level to +13 and kept the volume levels on the dac to 60-70% so there is zero clipping, I put my a90 to high gain and to a decent volume that's when they really came to life, they sound like a speaker system(presentation) along with everything you described. I feel more power makes them sound better.

Jun 23, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #865 of 4,807

Hope that helps.
Arya sounds interesting I thought the ananda was closer to what you're describing. I was thinking of buying a freya+ or some sort of tube pre amp to add that tube flavor when I want/or need it.

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #866 of 4,807
Arya sounds interesting I thought the ananda was closer to what you're describing. I was thinking of buying a freya+ or some sort of tube pre amp to add that tube flavor when I want/or need it.
I personally would go Arya over ananda in every aspect, enjoyment or accuracy related.
The WA2 is a great low cost tube for the D8K pro. Pairs exceptionally well better than the WA22 actually

Jun 23, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #867 of 4,807
I personally would go Arya over ananda in every aspect, enjoyment or accuracy related.
The WA2 is a great low cost tube for the D8K pro. Pairs exceptionally well better than the WA22 actually
But that's an OTL tube amp usually those don't pair well with anything low in impedence

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #869 of 4,807
Yeah for half the price I believe it’s better than the susvara! The Tc does beat it on dynamics and deep bass slam. However I feel the D8kpro is the best headphone on the market regardless of price. The bass jumped up a lot when I got the tubes in there and used the Bricasti dac which has a very robust power supply.
it’s nice to hear from you, what EDM tracks are you listening too atm and what gear do you pair with the D8k pro?
I am pairing the Final Pro with the Questyle 12 CMA, but I try to audition the Bakoon amp, as both amps amplify in the so-called "current domain".
I am quite happy with the Questyle, but would like to find out if the five times more expensive Bakoon will make an audible difference.
I am listening at the moment at Naibu and an artist called Dominik Eulberg.
Recommended very much is the song called "Goldene Acht".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back