1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Bloos, Apr 27, 2017.
First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48
Next

Last
  1. jwbrent
    The final distributor stocks the proprietary connectors that twist lock. You can order them from audio46.com or another final dealer for about $50.

2. jwbrent
    I have a D8000 Pro coming as a review sample, so I’m excited to hear the difference between it and my D8000.

jmills8 likes this.
  3. jmills8
    Cool , I demoed each , side by side a few times. I could easily hear the difference.

jwbrent likes this.
  4. jwbrent
    9FF6B358-7C84-47EA-9C42-1ABBA1D0DFE6.jpeg

The Pro arrived. The silver aesthetic looks really good. Lots of listening to do between the review sample Pro and my D8000 ...

jmills8, kid vic and PeteSTRADAMUS like this.
  5. PeteSTRADAMUS
    I thought I heard the silver version is for Japan? And do tell on the differences.

6. jwbrent
    I’ll definitely do so.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  7. jmills8
    So , hows the comparision going ?

8. jwbrent
    I’m still burning in the Pros, so it will be a while before I have any firm thoughts on the comparison. I should have my review up in a couple weeks ...

PeteSTRADAMUS likes this.
  9. DrummerLeo
    I received pro weeks ago, I'm writing a review little by little. General speaking the pro version is more refreshing, the treble extension, bass tightness and the overall texture are significantly improved from previous D8000, but it also trade off some warmth. I would say D8000 is more to a laid-back relaxing headphones, pro is more energetic and fun. As I listen to a lot of metal and hard rock ( about 60%-70%), pro is more appealing to me.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ liheng@uniquemelody.org
    bidn and jmills8 like this.
  10. jmills8
    Agree , I demoed both over 5 times and ended buying the Pro. I pair it with a Burr Brown Dac to keep the warmth. I also use the N8 dap with a amp.

11. jwbrent
    I agree with your assessment. I haven’t listened much since I’m still putting hours on them, but clearly the bass and midrange is re-voiced from the D8000. More to come soon ...

12. jwbrent
    Not to say the non-Pro D8000 doesn’t have its charms as well. :L3000:

13. jmills8
    Any info on the 8000 vs 8000 Pro ?

14. jwbrent
    I’ve had a family issue come up, so unfortunately, I’ve had to put my review aside. I hope to have it posted next week ...

15. jmills8
    Understood and hope goes better.

jwbrent likes this.
First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48
Next

Last