Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Mar 30, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #631 of 817
A8000 decay and settles too quickly. Making it perfect for quick metal tracks. It can keep up without hazing the presentation.

But this very same asset can be a problem when listening for classical tracks. Where you may want things to linger longer.

Great for metal.
Thanks, that's encouraging. I'm glad to hear the A8000 is fast.

I know it's not a bass-head IEM, but does the bass reach deep when called for?

Mar 30, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #632 of 817
Thanks, that's encouraging. I'm glad to hear the A8000 is fast.

I know it's not a bass-head IEM, but does the bass reach deep when called for?
It does indeed. Fast impactful bass. It does need to be run in for several hours for the brightness to calm down.

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #636 of 817
I'm newly cooked owner of A8000 and actually blown away how good this IEM can be. Details are on another level compared to my EM10. The only genres where EM10 can be as enjoyable is certain electronica/hip hop or pop tracks, but A8000 is completely different beast, though needs the right music to shine and show its qualities. At the start I was a bit confused as A8000 sounded thin, treble got annoying in some cases, but that was because of my spotify playlist which was spinning not so well recorded tracks. Once I hit an intro of Cherry Blossom by Matthew I had to sit down...

It is not all-rounder like ones that you plug and hit the road, but nonetheless it can be very rewarding and show the real insight into music. EM10 bass now sounds woolly to me and details restrained, treble doesn't have sparkle and extensions of A8000, but I'll keep it as it plays decently with everything I throw at it while A8000 can be truly unforgiving.

Soundstage is a mystery to me I've never experienced out of head, "open stage" with any IEM, but A8000 gives a very clean window into the music and if the view is nice you will be amazed

May 16, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #637 of 817
So I was cycling though all the Final E Tips and found the medium had the best treble. Found the 2 larger sizes to be more sibilant in nature. Seems like the best fit is key.

I’m still in search for a more comfy tip that won’t affect the sound too negatively. Any suggestions?
Anyone using any new tips with these iems?

May 16, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #638 of 817
I'm newly cooked owner of A8000 and actually blown away how good this IEM can be. Details are on another level compared to my EM10. The only genres where EM10 can be as enjoyable is certain electronica/hip hop or pop tracks, but A8000 is completely different beast, though needs the right music to shine and show its qualities. At the start I was a bit confused as A8000 sounded thin, treble got annoying in some cases, but that was because of my spotify playlist which was spinning not so well recorded tracks. Once I hit an intro of Cherry Blossom by Matthew I had to sit down...

It is not all-rounder like ones that you plug and hit the road, but nonetheless it can be very rewarding and show the real insight into music. EM10 bass now sounds woolly to me and details restrained, treble doesn't have sparkle and extensions of A8000, but I'll keep it as it plays decently with everything I throw at it while A8000 can be truly unforgiving.

Soundstage is a mystery to me I've never experienced out of head, "open stage" with any IEM, but A8000 gives a very clean window into the music and if the view is nice you will be amazed

Really transparent sound, among the best iems I’ve ever listened to. 👍

May 17, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #639 of 817
Anyone using any new tips with these iems?
Moondrop Spring tips, but only if you can have a shallow seal. It won't go deep.

May 17, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #640 of 817
May 23, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #641 of 817
Really transparent sound, among the best iems I’ve ever listened to. 👍

It totally killed the itching to re-buy utopias and I can’t imagine anything being noticeably better than A8000, but haven’t tried any other high end IEM’s apart EM10.

It shines so well with electronic/instrumental music that I’m into. With this IEM I’m stuck in soundcloud realm digging for new goodies. The further I go in this hobby the more I see that there is no headphone/iem which would be exceptional for all genres of music. Jack of all trades can sound good at many genres, but will not give you such exceptional performance once matched with right music

May 23, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #642 of 817
It totally killed the itching to re-buy utopias and I can’t imagine anything being noticeably better than A8000, but haven’t tried any other high end IEM’s apart EM10.

It shines so well with electronic/instrumental music that I’m into. With this IEM I’m stuck in soundcloud realm digging for new goodies. The further I go in this hobby the more I see that there is no headphone/iem which would be exceptional for all genres of music. Jack of all trades can sound good at many genres, but will not give you such exceptional performance once matched with right music

Funny, after I received a sample from final for writing a review, I was so ecstatic with the sound I knew I had to buy a set, so I sold my Utopia to do so. 🤣

May 23, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #643 of 817
Funny, after I received a sample from final for writing a review, I was so ecstatic with the sound I knew I had to buy a set, so I sold my Utopia to do so. 🤣

I enjoy headphone presentation a bit more, but A8000 is very technically efficient IEM that doesn’t shy away from Utopias capabilities. That level of quality in speakers most likely to bring you to 5 digit playground…maybe one day

May 24, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #645 of 817
If you are somehow looking for a similar sound signature to take on the go, I would recommend checking out the Final Audio A4000. It really is surprising how similar the two sound. They're $160 USD and you can worry less about losing them while on the go.

Well it's more about isolation that A8000 lacks a bit. I can hear all the background noise when I'm at the gym or outdoors in busy areas of town. Of course I could dial volume bar up, but one of the reasons why I love A8000 is that I can enjoy music on low volumes. The other thing is that while traveling I sometimes enjoy just playing random music/live sets without worrying on record quality and A8000 can be very unforgiving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back