FiiO's Crown Jewel of Portable Music Player M11 Plus LTD Is Officially Released!
May 21, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #31 of 211
Does the DAP have Google Play Store support for installing custom apps?
Being android 10 I would be highly surprised if it didn’t. Even the m11 pro has store access

May 21, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #32 of 211
It's android 10. Should have a decent operating life. Value for money, the m11 Plus and implementation is a fabulous entry point for mid-fi.
I have the m11 pro which has a nice selection of I/O, drives all IEM's well and even some easy to drive dynamic driver cans to a reasonable level.

If it's a non-android TOTL player being contemplated, the options are usually well beyond the m11 price point. This is incorporating some of the latest tech and I was very impressed with the M11 until I upgraded.
I had the M11 pro and sold it because of the Android. I am just not a fun and when I buy a dedicated music player I expect a dedicated software. If it’s android I’d better use my mobile with a Dac. What bothered me the most was the battery life and the android as a platform with all its problems.

May 21, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #33 of 211
@FiiO

What's the estimated price range?

How many volume steps will the M11 Plus LTD have?
Can the volume slider be disabled in the settings in order to using just the volume adjustment buttons? Where are the volume adjustment buttons located (I assume in the same position as the slider, but I'm asking anyway)?
Does the volume adjustment happen immediately or is there a small delay or fading in/out (as on the M5)?

Why is the output impedance stated as <1.4 Ohms on the product page? Why do FiiO's more recent product releases have a rather high-ish output impedance of more than 1 Ohm whereas of the older products have a much more favourable output impedance of around 0.1 Ohms?

May 21, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #35 of 211
I have the M15 which I really like (and the M11 not the pro model) would this be considered a step up from the M15? I thought nothing was coming out till the end of summer- M17? I hate to spend the money, disabled and funds limited, and find out another player coming out.
This really looks good, does anyone know the price?
Thanks for any help.
Is the music sounding wrong or something on your current DAP? This is too much money unless you can replace the battery for something that appears to be a throwaway once the battery runs out of cycles.

May 21, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #36 of 211
Does the DAP have Google Play Store support for installing custom apps?
Of course, Google Play is pre-installed.

@FiiO

What's the estimated price range?

How many volume steps will the M11 Plus LTD have?
Can the volume slider be disabled in the settings in order to using just the volume adjustment buttons? Where are the volume adjustment buttons located (I assume in the same position as the slider, but I'm asking anyway)?
Does the volume adjustment happen immediately or is there a small delay or fading in/out (as on the M5)?

Why is the output impedance stated as <1.4 Ohms on the product page? Why do FiiO's more recent product releases have a rather high-ish output impedance of more than 1 Ohm whereas of the older products have a much more favourable output impedance of around 0.1 Ohms?
$749.99/$899.99

M11Plus have high, middle and low gains, each gain have 120 level volume.

You can disable the Volume silder by hold or turn off it in the settings, the volume buttons are at the top and bottom of the volume slider.

The output inpedance is PO≤1Ω, BAL≤2Ω, it a little smaller than M11Pro.

Does anyone know how this would compare to the Hiby R6 2020? Are they even competitors with each other, or likely to be in a completely different price range?
M11Plus use AK4497+THX AAA-78, and it based on Android 10, with 11.5h battery life; Hiby 6 use ES9038Q2m, based on Android 9, with 10h battery life.

Nice!
Will it have balanced out?
And what's the maximum output power? Will it be able to drive the Sundara?
Of course, it have balanced phone out and balanced line out, the max power is 588mw/32Ω

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 21, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #39 of 211
$749.99/$899.99

M11Plus have high, middle and low gains, each gain have 120 level volume.

You can disable the Volume silder by hold or turn off it in the settings, the volume buttons are at the top and bottom of the volume slider.

The output inpedance is PO≤1Ω, BAL≤2Ω, it a little smaller than M11Pro.

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please also answer the following questions that you did not reply to?

Why do FiiO's more recent product releases have a rather high-ish output impedance of more than 1 Ohm whereas of the older products have a much more favourable output impedance of around 0.1 Ohms?

May 21, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #40 of 211
I understand they don't want to use a Pro Plus name like apple but M11 Plus sounds like its positoned in between the M11 and M11 Pro rather than being an upgrade of the M11 Pro.

M11 Pro LE would have sounded much better
No, the "Pro" designation goes on gear for people who listen to music for a living. Every audio manufacture follows this rule scrupulously.

May 21, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #41 of 211
I had the M11 pro and sold it because of the Android. I am just not a fun and when I buy a dedicated music player I expect a dedicated software. If it’s android I’d better use my mobile with a Dac. What bothered me the most was the battery life and the android as a platform with all its problems.

Total agree that Android has its problems. Regular app updates are really annoying and it can get very slow, especially when it comes to app loading times. And not to forget boot time.

I also prefer a dedicated OS with a fast and compact UI. But I also understand that manufacturers cannot provide all the integrations to all those streaming services, as this would be too much effort.

For having all this flexibility (for those who need it) a stripped down Android is probably still the best option.

May 21, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #42 of 211
Total agree that Android has its problems. Regular app updates are really annoying and it can get very slow, especially when it comes to app loading times. And not to forget boot time.

I also prefer a dedicated OS with a fast and compact UI. But I also understand that manufacturers cannot provide all the integrations to all those streaming services, as this would be too much effort.

For having all this flexibility (for those who need it) a stripped down Android is probably still the best option.
Sure. Just not for me. I’d rather stick with my basic and modestly powered Sony W1MA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back