FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Nov 19, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #601 of 732

I agree about the holographic presentation. Elements of the song are so easy to pick out and it almost lingers in front of you. Listened to entire albums on it today, which is something I never do, but the X7 sounded so good I couldn't stop lol.

Going back and forth between the iPod classic and X7, astonishing just how much of a gulf there is between the two, in terms of sound quality. If I had to describe the X7 in one word it would be 3D. Just so darn addicting :)

Cant wait to pit it against the Mojo later on :p

+2 for holographic presentation. Listening to it now with the Havi (IT CAN POWER THE HAVI???!) and maaan I can actually heard where the instruments are. Holographic DAP + holographic iem with massive soundstage = bliss. Does anyone else feel that the original FW was smoother though? Not that I'm complaining, it sounds a little more dynamic now.

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #602 of 732

+2 for holographic presentation. Listening to it now with the Havi (IT CAN POWER THE HAVI???!) and maaan I can actually heard where the instruments are. Holographic DAP + holographic iem with massive soundstage = bliss. Does anyone else feel that the original FW was smoother though? Not that I'm complaining, it sounds a little more dynamic now.

Just barely enough power for the havi, but I don't have the newest revision which is apparently a bit easier to drive :)

Havi sounds DOPE out of the X7

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #603 of 732

Sounds like a good improvement. Haven't tried the new firmware because already passed the X7 to you 
biggrin.gif

But honestly the previous fw I tried was a tad too smooth for my taste 
redface.gif

If now Fiio improve the dynamic, that's a good sign to me 
smile.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #604 of 732

Just barely enough power for the havi, but I don't have the newest revision which is apparently a bit easier to drive :)

Havi sounds DOPE out of the X7

Mine is also the old school plastic box version so same parameter there haha.. The Havi's speed really shines out of the X7. Good match! A $60 iem for a $650 DAP. 
eek.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #606 of 732

The Havis don't sound like 60 dollar iems with the X7 :p  I will be getting the new version of the Havi eventually 

To be fair they never sounded like $60 iems from the start. 
tongue_smile.gif
 I'll probably just wait till the B6 comes out, got too many iems already. All them hybrids wanting attention.

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #607 of 732

Sounds like a good improvement. Haven't tried the new firmware because already passed the X7 to you 
biggrin.gif

But honestly the previous fw I tried was a tad too smooth for my taste 
redface.gif

If now Fiio improve the dynamic, that's a good sign to me 
smile.gif

Haha we could always meet up to demo again.

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #608 of 732
Has it been confirmed if a 200gb sd card will work on the X7?

Also I understand Google play services causes problems, does that include Google play music or can that be installed on the DAP?

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #609 of 732

Quote:
Has it been confirmed if a 200gb sd card will work on the X7?

Also I understand Google play services causes problems, does that include Google play music or can that be installed on the DAP?

Have not been able to test a 200+ micro card as I don't have one with me to test. However, I have tested google play music as well as the new youtube music. Short answer is no. Same with Youtube. Google play music will play your local music library if its in a supported format. But this is as much as you can get. See pics below for relevant errors.

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #610 of 732

To be fair they never sounded like $60 iems from the start. 
tongue_smile.gif
 I'll probably just wait till the B6 comes out, got too many iems already. All them hybrids wanting attention.

I am mistaken. The Havi sounds plenty loud on low gain actually and am not even maxing out the volume. The X7 has plenty of power on tap 
beerchug.gif

I am getting the new version as a sample will post how it pairs with the X7.

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #614 of 732
Yep, Zen 1 is okay with X7 IEM module but certainly not at its best as I get better result with X7-E12DIY- zen1. But Asura does go excellently with just X7. Can't wait to listen to zen 2 on X7 one day.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #615 of 732
I can report that those who have an E12 amp... it works well with the X7....  the X7 has a very good LO....  
Will Fiio create a stacking cradle for the X7/E12 like they did for the X5 ???
Advantage X7 with E12...
More power for headphones
relocates the headphone output to the top
Crossfeed option
Bass switch
Gain switch options
Extended battery life of the X7 vs a more powerful amp module...

its a good option.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back