FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Nov 17, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #587 of 732
  As far as I have understood, this is correct. DAC functions are not currently functioning in current firmware. So whether this comes in the future or when is kinda of a toss up.

I hope Fiio can implement this relatively soon. I *might* be able to talk myself into living without the USB-OTG, but I definitely don't want to. The X7 can be a self-contained single unit when mobile, but when I'm at home, which is a majority of my music listening, I'd like to use it as just a transport and route the tunes through a Gumby or Yggy. (Which I don't have yet, but I am eyeing them with intent.) 

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #588 of 732
What's going on here? You really don't need or want OTG with the X7. It has coaxial output if you want to use it as a touch screen source for an external DAC like the Yggy or Gumby. I don't understand why anyone would want to connect an audiophile DAP to a smartphone on the go, which is what OTG is for.

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #589 of 732
As far as I have understood, this is correct. DAC functions are not currently functioning in current firmware. So whether this comes in the future or when is kinda of a toss up.

The DAC is currently working. That's most of the secret sauce in the X7 currently. The digital coaxial out works fine currently to use with an external DAC.

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #590 of 732
What's going on here? You really don't need or want OTG with the X7. It has coaxial output if you want to use it as a touch screen source for an external DAC like the Yggy or Gumby. I don't understand why anyone would want to connect an audiophile DAP to a smartphone on the go, which is what OTG is for.

Ah so. I did not realize the coax output bypassed the internal DAC. 

Thanks for the info.

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #591 of 732
Ah so. I did not realize the coax output bypassed the internal DAC. 

Thanks for the info.

Just think of it like this, the DAC is the digital to analogue converter. The music files are digital. The headphone output is analogue. If you output a digital signal through a digital interface like S/PDIF coaxial you are bypassing the digital to analogue converter. If you connect to an analogue interface (line out / headphone out) you are using the digital to analogue converter.

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #593 of 732

Why wouldn't you want OTG? You can use an external drive if you want more or different music than what you have on the DAP. I have a small drive that allows me to use micro cards and it is quick and easy to change out and do a folder view of the music to be played. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #594 of 732
Hold up, Dac functions working??? any particular instructions for connecting to a pc? or am I misunderstanding?
Why wouldn't you want OTG? You can use an external drive if you want more or different music than what you have on the DAP. I have a small drive that allows me to use micro cards and it is quick and easy to change out and do a folder view of the music to be played. 

There a boat load of confusion going on here. The question had to do with using the internal DAC vs external DAC. I understand that the computer DAC function isn't currently working. OTG for storage was getting mixed up with OTG as a digital output instead of coaxial.

My bad for not quoting DougD, and Vividcard didn't specify external DAC function not being implemented. I took the latter as too literal.

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #600 of 732
  I found a bug which is pretty annoying, when change songs use play all on shuffle mode with fiio player and turn off the screen, if next song have different sample rates, like from 16/44.1 file to 24/96 file, or backwards, it will have some electronics crack noise and stop playing, then push any button like play or next, previous won't work at all, it just stopped. But if you turn the screen on, it will continue playing after some electronics crack noise. It happens on both pure music and android mode, sometimes it works just fine, but most time it just stop everytime when next song had different sample rates......however use third party player like Hiby Music didn't had that problem.....

Please confirm it.

I was unable to replicate this issue on my device using current SW.  Tried in both pure music and android mode, Had a mix of 24/96 and 16/44.1, as well as a few 320 MP3s.. If it was an issue it's likely been resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back