FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Nov 16, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #557 of 732
Does the X7 with the standard music app implement Replay Gain? Both on the track and album basis? Most of the FLAC files have implemented Replay Gain as way to counter act the loudness war and large dB swings in between tracks.

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #558 of 732
Does the X7 with the standard music app implement Replay Gain? Both on the track and album basis? Most of the FLAC files have implemented Replay Gain as way to counter act the loudness war and large dB swings in between tracks.

I've seen no replay gain settings on the X7.

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #559 of 732

Nope, sadly not an option. Any chance FiiO?

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #560 of 732
My video with humble first impressions. As usual, sorry for my english

Nice video review!

I agree with you that it lacks a little bit of speed, or could be a little too smooth on fast and complex music.
beerchug.gif

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #561 of 732
There is replay gain via the Neutron app though 
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #562 of 732

There is replay gain via the Neutron app though :wink:

Isn't Neutron a paid app, though? Being an iPhone user, I'm not up to speed on how to install paid apps without an app store. Is it easy? Man, I wish the X7 had an app store installed...

Not that it matters for me, as I'm not a shuffle play kind of guy and have already sent the X7 on to the next tour member.

Might help someone else, though!

FINAL EDIT: Ah, you can buy and download direct from the developers. That's good. Much better than downloading apk files from sketchy apk sites!

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #564 of 732
Isn't Neutron a paid app, though? Being an iPhone user, I'm not up to speed on how to install paid apps without an app store. Is it easy? Man, I wish the X7 had an app store installed...

Not that it matters for me, as I'm not a shuffle play kind of guy and have already sent the X7 on to the next tour member.

Might help someone else, though!

FINAL EDIT: Ah, you can buy and download direct from the developers. That's good. Much better than downloading apk files from sketchy apk sites!

I installed from an APK - and it wasn't paid. But it was really fully featured for those who like to tweak a lot - including crossfeed and other DSPs.  But as Sunny has indicated, it looks like RG is on the horizon for the default app.  And the more robust they make that - the better it is for all of us 
wink.gif

Pretty sure I'm buying the X7 - do you think you will Nic, or not quite what you needed?

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #565 of 732
A bit of side tracking but I made this cable last night so I can use X7 with Mojo via SPDIF  - of course arguably that is a bit pointless given I don't really think Mojo is going to improve X7 in any real way, but X3II and X5II can both use the same cable as well and I will probably get Mojo very soon. Will probably make another cable for micro iDSD next week, then we can have a three way comparison

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #566 of 732
FiiO Sunny: Glad that FiiO is responsive to user feedback, as always!

Brooko: I'm not sure yet to be honest. I'd like to see how FiiO's app develops, as I can see myself using Pure Music mode to conserve battery life but their app just isn't quite there for me yet. I'd also want to see how the other amp cards perform. And part of me just really loves old-skool DAPs.

I'm really curious where this journey FiiO started will take us, though. I'm sure the X7 will be a success, and the X7ii will be even better yet. And then there will be responses from other manufacturers, who'll put their own spin on things and help push each other forward even faster. That's what I'm looking forward to!

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #567 of 732
Nice ClieOS!!

Depending on the headphone/IEM the Mojo can be very redundant, but I do like the sound of both very much. The X7 sounds very good, but currently the IEM module obviously holds it back for certain cans.

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #568 of 732
So xRelicx, what would you prefer to use then, X7 on its own or x5ii and Mojo (or Smartphone and Mojo)?

I use IEMs (Shure 535s) mostly, but Bose QC25 on planes and Beyer dt880 600ohms at home.

Trying to decide what the best path to go down is :)

Thanks,

Pete

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #569 of 732
Nice @ClieOS!!

Depending on the headphone/IEM the Mojo can be very redundant, but I do like the sound of both very much. The X7 sounds very good, but currently the IEM module obviously holds it back for certain cans.

I will agree on this. I found that my HE-400 is not a huge fan of the current module. Spotify is barely able to squeak a quiet listening level. Fiio music does a bit better. But at 120 volume (max) I should be throwing the cans across the room and writhing in ear pain instead of telling others to pipe down XD. I hold this to no negative review from Fiio, as the module included isn't meant for this, and with anything else it works great at around mid volume.  Then again, I don't have any other demanding phones to test realistically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back