FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Nov 13, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #541 of 732
FiiO's listening @endus. For instance, I was quite frustrated that pressing either HW or SW skip back buttons resulted in always skipping to the previous track - no matter if I was halfway through the current song. This breaks FiiO's convention of skipping to the previous song only if you're less the 10 seconds into the current song, which is a much more reasonable implementation.

When I brought this up before, I got responses like "It's just different." Nope! I brought it to FiiO's attention, and they confirmed that this is indeed a bug, the skip back feature should work consistently vs. other FiiO DAPs, and that it should be fixed in the next FW release.

Point being guys, if something seems incorrect, don't just assume it's "just different". Bring it up to FiiO. Let them know what you want to see. As I've learned trough many interactions with them, they're pretty darn responsive to user feedback!
beerchug.gif

Agree! 
beerchug.gif

I found a bug which is pretty annoying, when change songs use play all on shuffle mode with fiio player and turn off the screen, if next song have different sample rates, like from 16/44.1 file to 24/96 file, or backwards, it will have some electronics crack noise and stop playing, then push any button like play or next, previous won't work at all, it just stopped. But if you turn the screen on, it will continue playing after some electronics crack noise. It happens on both pure music and android mode, sometimes it works just fine, but most time it just stop everytime when next song had different sample rates......however use third party player like Hiby Music didn't had that problem.....

Please confirm it.

My test tracks are compiled from all different sampling rates, and so far I don't have that problem. Playing the whole folder / playlist was smooth without any glitches or noise when switching from different sampling rate. Same smooth playback on both screen off and screen on, no issue with switching to different sampling rates.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #543 of 732
I believe the X7 needs more time for FiiO to push out better software updates before it can take a spot in the $700 DAP range.

I'm currently running V1.0 w/ V1.3 Music App only with nothing else running and a 32GB SD card mostly of LAME -v0 MP3 but including files of almost every other type for testing. The auto media library has run and is filled. No other setting changes, no EQ, etc.

I get crashes, or something that causes glitches in audio every 30minutes or so. I have hope in FiiO and so I'll hold my review.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #544 of 732
I use different cards with the X7 but I don't get any crashes. I did have to do a reset, which cleared up some problems. Maybe if there are issues try a reset. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #546 of 732
I would have hoped for one more gig of ram

Yea, I agree. My guess is that the FW updates would be easier to implement with an extra gig. I also think there would be a lot less discussion about apps and such with an extra gig. I love Fiio and own quite a few of their products (like most ppl on this thread) but I'm concerned about the UI with so little memory. I hope there's some improvements, with the UI before it hits the states. It's a beautiful unit with a lot going for it.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #547 of 732
KC33: To be clear, the X7 has 1Gb of RAM but 32Gb (IIRC) of internal storage. Plenty of room for FW + Apps, but if you use a lot of offline storage in apps like Tidal then you might need to direct those to your external card.

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess it was clear that's 1Gb of RAM. My sense is that X7 was meant to be a more controlled environment with just the stock music apps + a few others that FiiO blessed with Whitelist status after testing to make sure they worked ok with the limited CPU + RAM.

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #548 of 732
I only had one crash that required a reset in my time with the X7.

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #549 of 732
  I use different cards with the X7 but I don't get any crashes. I did have to do a reset, which cleared up some problems. Maybe if there are issues try a reset. 

Different cards? Micro SD cards? 

By reset do you mean system shut down and power back on? I do those quite often. I am on the go between classes so I do shut down and reboots like four times a day maybe. 

I didn't have crashes, either. I did get an occasional freeze / hang-up, though.

Most were freezes yes. About 3 full FiiO Music crashes.
I only had one crash that required a reset in my time with the X7.

I've counted 3-4 in where that screen has popped up and once where I had to perform a hard reset (during updating of firmware)

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #550 of 732
That sucks bowei006. Has there been any FW updates since November 3?

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #551 of 732
That sucks @bowei006. Has there been any FW updates since November 3?

I don't believe so. I'm running the latest V1 general and V1.3 music.

I don't have any other apps in use. Music App generally the only application running and no other touches to the settings besides small personal things like time format, brightness, gain etc. No EQ, and playing mostly MP3's with stereo headset with no inline control (this can affect devices sometimes).

Will wait for more updates

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #553 of 732
I don't believe so. I'm running the latest V1 general and V1.3 music.

I don't have any other apps in use. Music App generally the only application running and no other touches to the settings besides small personal things like time format, brightness, gain etc. No EQ, and playing mostly MP3's with stereo headset with no inline control (this can affect devices sometimes).

Will wait for more updates

Actually, after that crash I used the pure music boot option. After selecting it in the settings you need to reboot the device but after that the regular Android home screen is not accessible. I found this to be the most stable operation, but obviously not ideal for everyone's use. To get back select the Android boot mode in the settings and do a reboot. Worth a shot to see if the crashes go away.

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #554 of 732
  Does it happen in Pure Music mode @bowei006?

Gonna try tomorrow. Either way, it should work well in both modes 
Actually, after that crash I used the pure music boot option. After selecting it in the settings you need to reboot the device but after that the regular Android home screen is not accessible. I found this to be the most stable operation, but obviously not ideal for everyone's use. To get back select the Android boot mode in the settings and do a reboot. Worth a shot to see if the crashes go away.

I have only used Pure Music Mode once. Haven't used it since but I will be trying that next.

Yeah, I know you have to reboot it :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back