FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Oct 16, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #5,911 of 6,207
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried removing the cards, but the internal storage is visible in the X7ii's file browser and FiiO Music. The unit works perfectly apart from that one thing. It's not a big issue, as I don't use the internal storage, just the two 400gb cards, just wondered if it was an easy fix. The internal storage used to show up and I don't know when this problem started.

Oct 23, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #5,915 of 6,207
@Darren Cotter

I have X7ii and M11, FH5 and FH7 and recently bought an AM5 module for the X7ii as I didn't quite like the sound of the X7ii with AM3 with the FH7's.

Firstly, I must say the difference between FH5 and FH7 is night and day, jaw dropping stuff. It's like the FH7 is what the FH5 should be and only by hearing them you realise what you've been missing :)

Now as to M11 vs X7ii, the sound boost by changing amp should not be sniffed at. I noticed a major improvement by moving to the AM5, and it elevates the X7ii to above the M11 imho. It's a different sound for sure; the M11 is laid back and mellow compared to the X7ii with AM5 which gives a very exciting, powerfully dynamic, visceral sound. Ref the AM3D, I think therefore it would be well worth a try given its pedigree. I'm tempted myself :)

Also, the M11 is a lovely machine for sure, but it's irksome not having the Google Play to be able to load apps like UAPP, which is quite sad for me. I am torn in daily use between the 2 players, lol. What a terrible choice! :) - To sum up... in retrospect, had I had the AM5 with the X7ii to start with, I'd probably not have gone for the M11.

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #5,919 of 6,207
Is it worth trading in an X7ii for either the M11 or the Pro, or would I be better off just getting an AM3D? I'm using FA7 and FH5's.
I would say skip the M11Pro, get the AM3D for now if you want THX flavor that's the only selling point of M11Pro. Wait for M15 or M15 Pro, that might be a worthy upgrade.
My friend who got both M11 and Pro told that there is hardly any difference between the two in sound quality. Pro sound little natural, has little bit extension at both sub bass and upper treble and noise level is low but it is not dead silent with his Andros.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #5,920 of 6,207
OK... If you like the FH5 then the FH7 are really similar in sig (imho) i lived with the FH5 for a year and now have lived with the FH7 for 3 months. I listen around 2-3hrs per day. A mix of classical, rock, jazz , country. The FH7 better the FH5 in clarity, separation, detail. They are constantly wowing me. The FH5, i liked a lot, but ALWAYS felt there was something a bit lacking, i always felt i wanted a bit more... the FH7 gives that in spaded. Need the right tips of course. But I simply moved my complys from the FH5's to the FH7.

Imho... go for it!! I'd be really interested to hear your views. The FH7's reduce me to tears regularly, which is what it's all about.

PS... I never get to audition stuff either. I buy from reviews and comments. Never really been unsatisfied with a purchase fortunately :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back