FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 6, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #5,521 of 6,207
Mar 7, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #5,522 of 6,207
Reformat the cards and load everything up again. My X7 has ruined two 200 GB Sandisk cards.
Yes, it happened to me a few days ago. Connected to PC and transferred a few songs. It got stuck when I was trying to scan and it stopped recognizing the card after that. But the card worked fine on my phone and PC. Reformatting the card fixed the issue.
This is my second unit, the first one damaged my 64GB card. I got it replaced by Sandisk.

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #5,525 of 6,207
I will try reformatting when i get home , i notice the X7Ii is fat32 what did you guys that solved this reformat too? fat32, Exfat or ntfs.
And thanks in advance.

I let the X7 mk II format all my cards, so they are all fat32

Mar 8, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #5,527 of 6,207
Ok well I just reformatted one of my cards to exfat and still wont scan it. I will try formatting in the X7ii to fat32 later but to be quite frank I'm sick of this and fiio and my patience is running out with them , I'm just hoping it can be resolved by an update if it have no joy ..I owned X7 and that in my opinion was buggy as hell until they released the x5iii and the new firmware that followed with it , if it takes them as long to get this new firmware right as it did previously especially after the X7Ii being out so long then this is a rediculous situation ,fiio are not a small company and other much smaller companies like ibasso are much more reliable on fixing issues....to be honest this is probably my last fiio dap as essentially if I can't get it to scan my card's and only play from folder then it's semi bricked in my opinion and all caused by another update, can't even sell it in that state. ...absolutely awful fiio.
I will keep you guys informed and keep trying.

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #5,528 of 6,207
Ok well I just reformatted one of my cards to exfat and still wont scan it. I will try formatting in the X7ii to fat32 later but to be quite frank I'm sick of this and fiio and my patience is running out with them , I'm just hoping it can be resolved by an update if it have no joy ..I owned X7 and that in my opinion was buggy as hell until they released the x5iii and the new firmware that followed with it , if it takes them as long to get this new firmware right as it did previously especially after the X7Ii being out so long then this is a rediculous situation ,fiio are not a small company and other much smaller companies like ibasso are much more reliable on fixing issues....to be honest this is probably my last fiio dap as essentially if I can't get it to scan my card's and only play from folder then it's semi bricked in my opinion and all caused by another update, can't even sell it in that state. ...absolutely awful fiio.
I will keep you guys informed and keep trying.
Try putting your cards in a windows machine and see if it says the card has errors.

Mar 8, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #5,530 of 6,207
I have 3 daps plus phone and no issues with any cards ...the new fiio app is the culprit no issues previously.
Dear friend,

Please send email to us(support@fiio.com) if the issue remains. We need the log information for confirming the reason of that issue. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 9, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #5,531 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Please send email to us(support@fiio.com) if the issue remains. We need the log information for confirming the reason of that issue. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards
Will do,.
Currently reformatted a brand new 400gb in the x7ii ie to fat32 and just transferring approx 300 gb to it which will take a while I will let you all including FiiO know the outcome, just to make it clear I was constantly getting "FiiO music app has stopped working" when trying to scan anyone of my 3 cards this is a brand new card formatted in x7ii so definitely shouldn't be card.

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #5,532 of 6,207
OK no joy at the moment FiiO music app still crashing when trying to scan this brand new card which I formatted in the x7ii, I will try deleting cache hard reset again later and a reformat to ntfs just so I have then tried all options., I will contact FiiO support also.
All this has happened since the last update and as stated previously I have no issues with the cards in any other device.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #5,533 of 6,207
OK no joy at the moment FiiO music app still crashing when trying to scan this brand new card which I formatted in the x7ii, I will try deleting cache hard reset again later and a reformat to ntfs just so I have then tried all options., I will contact FiiO support also.
All this has happened since the last update and as stated previously I have no issues with the cards in any other device.

try formatting the card in a pc as exfat then put the music on then try scanning. Will the card scan with another music app? Send the log to Fiio that you have now before you do anything else.

Mar 9, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #5,534 of 6,207
try formatting the card in a pc as exfat then put the music on then try scanning. Will the card scan with another music app? Send the log to Fiio that you have now before you do anything else.
I have not tried another app yet and will do , I tried formatting another 200gb card yesterday to exfat and that still wouldn't scan.... I'm a bit busy at the moment but I will contact FiiO tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back