FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jun 19, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #4,711 of 6,207
Is the SSD a big drain on the FIIO battery?.........................Jim
No. I listen music continuesly with the SSD for about 5 or 6 hours.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #4,713 of 6,207
I wonder if my X5 Gen 3 can power an SSD like that. Last time I tried to plug a portable hard drive and it couldn't power it up.
A hard disk drive (with mechanical parts, a motor to rotate the disk, head moving, etc.) requieres more power than a SSD that only have chips.

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #4,718 of 6,207
Yes same for me.
And if the screen is off and I press the play button on the side, the next thing I hear could be literally any track on the device.

Yes, I think it happens only on the locked screen, and remember there is a customization for activating this play/pause button on locked screen, so it should work accordingly
I think @FiiO should address this as a problem, its not "severe" but its annoying. Its true that after resuming from the 2nd pause it goes wherever it wants, beginning of track, other track...

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #4,719 of 6,207
Dear Fiio,

Does x7m2 have a usb audio output to external dac?
Also if use coax output can i still use the sound filters from x7 or its only a straight audio output?

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #4,720 of 6,207
Dear friend,

PM you just now. You could have a check.

Best regards

Dear Fiio,
Also if use coax output can i still use the sound filters from x7 or its only a straight audio output?

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #4,721 of 6,207
Dear Fiio,

Hi Vitaliy - it does work (USB out) but its a bit hit and miss, and depends on the device you are pairing with. I have success with the likes of their own Q5 and Q1ii.

If you're using COAX and passing a digital signal to a DAC, the filters won't work - because you're passing a pure digital signal. the filters are for the X7ii DAC (which you are essentially by-passing).

Jun 21, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #4,722 of 6,207
Hi Vitaliy - it does work (USB out) but its a bit hit and miss, and depends on the device you are pairing with. I have success with the likes of their own Q5 and Q1ii.

If you're using COAX and passing a digital signal to a DAC, the filters won't work - because you're passing a pure digital signal. the filters are for the X7ii DAC (which you are essentially by-passing).

Thanks for the reply that is the info was looking for finaly.

I am going to use an hdv 820 + hd800s.
When I use my lg v30 via usb out with otg, i get pops and clicks and I also had this issue with other dacs. This is going be the same with fiio x7 mk2? Via usb out. I presume usb out will bypass the dac of fiio so no filters eather.
Do you know if it can output audio in pcm format? That is what required for my hdv820 in coax mode.

Thanks Brooko

Jun 21, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #4,723 of 6,207
Do you know if it can output audio in pcm format? That is what required for my hdv820 in coax mode.

Yes. There is an option where you can inclusive define to convert or not a DSD source to PCM. AFAIR its "D2P" (DSD to PCM) and "DOP" (DSD Over PCM)
I have D2P selected since my external DAC doesn't accept DSD on coaxial input.

Regards

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #4,724 of 6,207
Yes. There is an option where you can inclusive define to convert or not a DSD source to PCM. AFAIR its "D2P" (DSD to PCM) and "DOP" (DSD Over PCM)
I have D2P selected since my external DAC doesn't accept DSD on coaxial input.

Regards

DoP is still DSD, but in a PCM wrapper for DACs that require DoP to play DSD files. DoP is NOT DSD converted to PCM.

Yes, all digital audio standards can output PCM.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #4,725 of 6,207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back