FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
May 30, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #4,547 of 6,207
Dear friends,

We has released the FW1.0.6 for X7MKII.

You could visit the X7MKII support page and download the firmware from the "Download" section at the bottom right of the page.:gs1000smile:

1. Added USB Audio output function (the output is in DoP by default; if your DAC does not support DSD decoding, please switch from DoP to D2P in FiiO Music settings);
2. Added "Enter Now Playing after play" option (can be set in FiiO Music settings; when the option enabled, the app will automatically enter the Now Playing menu after clicking a song to play);
3. Fixed issue where some FLAC tracks might stutter when the ViPER Effect was turned on;
4. Fixed issue where the embedded album art could not be displayed for some WMA tracks;
5. Fixed issue where the fast search bar in the Folder View menu might disappear in a few cases;
6. Fixed issue where the sound was abnormal or there was no output when playing DSD tracks via Bluetooth;
7. Fixed issue where the Settings would stop working when entering "Settings->Storage->NAND FLASH->Total space->Downloads";
8. Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 30, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #4,548 of 6,207
Hi guys, has anyone tried to compare neutron with fiio music?
I tried it with "oye como va" by Santana in dsd64 resolution and I can totally hear the sound which fiio music does not reproduce at all. It's the sound after 10 seconds from start on the right side like someone using a saw to cut woods

May 30, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #4,549 of 6,207
Hi,

After a crash, the Fiio music Player starts to order songs alphabetically. I have the latest version installed (3.4.3) and I can't find the apk for this version, so I try to install the 3.4.1 version but I get an error i think because is and old version.
Any ideas?

Thanks

May 30, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #4,550 of 6,207
So how close is the X7ii to a really TOTL DAP? Something like a top A&K.
I'm interested in hearing a response to this question myself. The X7 MKII is my first DAP and I haven't really heard any others.

May 30, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #4,551 of 6,207
@FiiO I achieve a bug. While playing through folders, the app is skipping the folders inside folders (it plays the files that are in this folder and then play the files inside, even though the folders are above the files.)

Example:

1 - Folder A
2 - Folder B
Files inside folder B:
Folder B1
Folder B2
Music A
Music B
Music C

After playing the "Folder A", the app plays the "music A" and then plays the "Folder B1".

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #4,553 of 6,207
It´s because the dap disconnects/connects power to the ampmodule

May 31, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #4,555 of 6,207
Oh yeah, I was sure it was something like thing. But I never heard before. Maybe I heard it more since I switch my amp module to the am5

I pretty much only hear it when using AM5 too tbh

May 31, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #4,556 of 6,207
Dear friends,

We has released the FW1.0.6 for X7MKII.

You could visit the X7MKII support page and download the firmware from the "Download" section at the bottom right of the page.:gs1000smile:

1. Added USB Audio output function (the output is in DoP by default; if your DAC does not support DSD decoding, please switch from DoP to D2P in FiiO Music settings);
2. Added "Enter Now Playing after play" option (can be set in FiiO Music settings; when the option enabled, the app will automatically enter the Now Playing menu after clicking a song to play);
3. Fixed issue where some FLAC tracks might stutter when the ViPER Effect was turned on;
4. Fixed issue where the embedded album art could not be displayed for some WMA tracks;
5. Fixed issue where the fast search bar in the Folder View menu might disappear in a few cases;
6. Fixed issue where the sound was abnormal or there was no output when playing DSD tracks via Bluetooth;
7. Fixed issue where the Settings would stop working when entering "Settings->Storage->NAND FLASH->Total space->Downloads";
8. Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.

Best regards

nice ! USB audio works great through my Dac/Amp RHA L1, well done and thanks !

May 31, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #4,558 of 6,207
Hi guys, has anyone tried to compare neutron with fiio music?
I tried it with "oye como va" by Santana in dsd64 resolution and I can totally hear the sound which fiio music does not reproduce at all. It's the sound after 10 seconds from start on the right side like someone using a saw to cut woods

Its the primary app I use. It consumes battery at a faster pace, but it sounds way better to me.

Jun 1, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #4,559 of 6,207
sorry to ask such a noob question but this usb audio output.. didnt fiio x7 mark 2 already had it as usb dac? i did play computer output through fiio x7 in usb dac mode ? is this any different ? please guide a little confused on this one

Jun 1, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #4,560 of 6,207
sorry to ask such a noob question but this usb audio output.. didnt fiio x7 mark 2 already had it as usb dac? i did play computer output through fiio x7 in usb dac mode ? is this any different ? please guide a little confused on this one

Now you can use X7 ii as a transporter to another DAC, this function is useful if you have a better USB DAC than the DAC chip in X7ii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back