FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
May 30, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #4,531 of 6,207
Check if you have latest FW. There was an issue with album track order but it was solved.

IMHO, one of the things that is still not good (@FiiO ?) with playing order is when opening an artist that i.e. has 3 albums and at the artist level I use the play icon to play all his tracks, everything is mixed and sorted a-z from all 3 albums ... its a mess and doesn't make sense.
If I use play at artist level it should play 1st album track 1,2,3,... , 2nd album track 1,2,3,... and so on. ... IMHO

My 2 cents
Dear friend,

If you would like to play the albums for a artist one by one, you may try to enter artist-album and click the play all button in the top right corner for help instead:
upload_2018-5-30_16-19-23.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 30, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #4,532 of 6,207
Dear friend,

If you would like to play the albums for a artist one by one, you may try to enter artist-album and click the play all button in the top right corner for help instead:

Best regards

You are correct @FiiO, my mistake. Thanks for your feedback!

Regards

May 30, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #4,533 of 6,207
Am I the only one who finds that the first firmware sounds a lot better than any that came after. It seems as if each firmware update degrades the sound quality. Had the suspicion for a while now, since most of the time I use a desktop amp, didn't care about it as much. Then one day i wanted to listen to the beatles on the go(haven't done that in a while) had to immediately stop playing almost everything sounded harsh and sharp(not the good kind) so I rolled back to 1.0 and music once again sounds sweet and nice. Have tried to update firmware again in case it was a software error during installation, but no 15 tries and the same result be it 1.04 or 1.05 firmware, they just sound terrible in comparison. The only way I could try to describe it is as if with the new firmware: the gain is raised and somehow background has been removed.

May 30, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #4,534 of 6,207
Am I the only one who finds that the first firmware sounds a lot better than any that came after. It seems as if each firmware update degrades the sound quality. Had the suspicion for a while now, since most of the time I use a desktop amp, didn't care about it as much. Then one day i wanted to listen to the beatles on the go(haven't done that in a while) had to immediately stop playing almost everything sounded harsh and sharp(not the good kind) so I rolled back to 1.0 and music once again sounds sweet and nice. Have tried to update firmware again in case it was a software error during installation, but no 15 tries and the same result be it 1.04 or 1.05 firmware, they just sound terrible in comparison. The only way I could try to describe it is as if with the new firmware: the gain is raised and somehow background has been removed.

Amazing the tricks the brain can play on you - eh :wink:

May 30, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #4,535 of 6,207
Amazing the tricks the brain can play on you - eh :wink:

Indeed :-D
I was reading an article recently in a serious science publication about paranormal activities believers simply who actually have their brains making it happen, Same for some audiophiles, if you believe (or ask yourself) in cables sound signature, firmware updates and stuff like that your brain will make the change tangible.

May 30, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #4,537 of 6,207
Ouch, that’s gotta hurt!
Unless the firmware is changing the DAC algorithms, I can’t see an operating system upgrade changing the sound of the X7ii!
Anyone from FiiO care to comment?

May 30, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #4,538 of 6,207
Indeed :-D
I was reading an article recently in a serious science publication about paranormal activities believers simply who actually have their brains making it happen, Same for some audiophiles, if you believe (or ask yourself) in cables sound signature, firmware updates and stuff like that your brain will make the change tangible.

UFOs are real!
Vaccines kill!
9/11 was an inside job!
The moon landings are a hoax!
Contrails are real!

May 30, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #4,539 of 6,207
There are people, including reviewers, that seem to believe that different firmware versions can make a difference to the sound, while others say not.
You got it with three words Darren “seem to believe”

Look how many also believe in the ritual of burn-in

Expectation bias is extremely powerful :)

May 30, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #4,543 of 6,207
May 30, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #4,545 of 6,207
I was happy with an X5ii. When I wanted more, I added an E12A and some Sennheiser HD650 headphones. Job done. Sometimes I go on the X5ii thread an feel sad there is so little activity.

I also liked X5ii quite a bit back when I had it. I think that the silence is given by the fact that its production stopped though...

That's the key right there @Darren Cotter. At some point we have to stop looking for better and enjoy what we have.

X7mkii is really really close to the mountaintop, pretty much you'd probably be happy to enjoy it for a really long while :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back